Squad 2023/24 Arrivals & Departures

21 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

Hopefully Jay's performances for ICT, sending off aside, will persuade Robinson to try to keep him but as others have said pace is now sorely lacking in our squad as well as the age old problem of goals from forwards.

Guess this has slipped under the radar with Dunne and Main announcement

The old "wanting first team football" line

2 hours ago, Warrior Saint said:

He is absolutely honking, cannot believe gave him 2 year deal...

Has certainly struggled defensively. At Tannadice in the second half when United sat back he looked a totally different player. Made some wonderful passes and runs with the ball. If Mr Robinson can coach him defensively there maybe a good player there.

27 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

https://www.stmirren.com/all-news/4930-ryan-flynn-contract-extended-for-2023-24-season

St Mirren Football Club can confirm Ryan Flynn has triggered an extension clause in his contract and will remain at the club for the 2023/24 season. emoji122.png🫶emoji16.png

Kiltie and Flynn should have been replaced with younger players with a bit of pace 

On 4/27/2023 at 9:18 AM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Whether I’m bothered or not depends 100% on who replaces them. 

Indeed. The negative comments on this thread about Dunne in particular are bonkers

He’s a decent left sided central defender who we got on the cheap after his injury problems at Motherwell.

I just don’t get what some fans are expecting!

As you say, let’s see who replaces him. I can remember us signing left sided central defenders like Ronnie McQuilter…..

4 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

Indeed. The negative comments on this thread about Dunne in particular are bonkers

He’s a decent left sided central defender who we got on the cheap after his injury problems at Motherwell.

I just don’t get what some fans are expecting!

As you say, let’s see who replaces him. I can remember us signing left sided central defenders like Ronnie McQuilter…..

The lad Jedeau from Morecambe is heavily linked and pretty highly rated. But left footed centre halves who have pace are an absolute premium at this level. Dunne isn't perfect, if he was, he'd not be with us but he's not going to be easy to replace if the Jedeau move doesn't pan out. 

If it does though it will be a good bit of business. 

• 4 weeks later...

2023/2024
GK
Carson 2024
Urminsky 2024

DEF
Fraser 2025
Strain 2024
Tanser 2024
Gallagher 2024
R. Taylor 2025

MID
Baccus 2024
Flynn 2024
O’Hara 2026
Gogic 2024
Kiltie 2025
F. Taylor ???

FWD
Ayunga 2024
Grieve 2024
Brophy 2024
Offord ???
Jamieson 2024

Out of Contract
Shaughnessy (offered 1yr)
Boyd-Munce (team option)
Small (loan end)
Tait
Dunne
Main

Needs
Ideally we would look at options for wingbacks as with no talk on Tait we need something different when Strain is done and Flynn/Fraser isn't the answer there. We also need someone in place of Small.

We should see how we get rid of Brophy too as not fitting what Robo needs or wants. Maybe need 2 strikers if can punt him and Main goes.

Maybe need a central defender to replace Shaughnessy if he goes.

Links
Sule - Erhahon replacement?
Bedeau - Dunne replacement?
Bowie - Main replacement?
Montgomery - Small replacement?

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

2023/2024
GK
Carson 2024
Urminsky 2024

DEF
Fraser 2025
Strain 2024
Tanser 2024
Gallagher 2024
R. Taylor 2025

MID
Baccus 2024
Flynn 2024
O’Hara 2026
Gogic 2024
Kiltie 2025
F. Taylor ???

FWD
Ayunga 2024
Grieve 2024
Brophy 2024
Offord ???
Jamieson 2024

Out of Contract
Boyd-Munce (team option)
Small (loan end)
Tait
Dunne
Main

Needs
Ideally we would look at options for wingbacks as with no talk on Tait we need something different when Strain is done and Flynn/Fraser isn't the answer there. We also need someone in place of Small.

We should see how we get rid of Brophy too as not fitting what Robo needs or wants. Maybe need 2 strikers if can punt him and Main goes.

Links

Henderson out of contract as well. Been offered & rejected a new deal as wants first team football which can’t be promised. 

I wouldn’t be too fussed if any of the out of contract players left. (Bar Henderson who I think is a huge prospect) 

Ideally like to see us move on Brophy, Kiltie, & Tanser as well. 

Henderson out of contract as well. Been offered & rejected a new deal as wants first team football which can’t be promised. 

I wouldn’t be too fussed if any of the out of contract players left. (Bar Henderson who I think is a huge prospect) 
Tanser is very hit and miss to me.
Brophy just doesn't fit for me.
Kiltie is a weird one. When on and we attack a bit more I think he's good, but then when checking the goals and assists table on the BBC he has contributed less than I thought he would when on... Guess that's mostly from being a sub too though. I just expected more from him.

I've always been a fan of Jay Henderson and I thought he had done enough to be part of the team.  Stephen Robinson seems to think Jay doesn't fit into his style of play and he's the manager so his decision will always be final.  If Jay isn't going to be a regular in the First Team then it's probably best that he moves elsewhere in order to get the game time he needs at this stage of his career.

Greg Kiltie is a weird one as Mainstand Sweary Mob says.  He was obviously brought in to be a replacement for Jamie McGrath, then Jamie McGrath didn't leave initially and Greg wasn't getting a decent run in the team.  Then McGrath left to go down South and I just feel Greg Kiltie's St. Mirren career has been very stop/start.  He's not getting into the team on a regular basis to go on a run of games in order to gain confidence and momentum so I think he may also be in the same situation as Jay Henderson.

I've always been a fan of Ryan Flynn and he's been a tremendous servant to us, playing in different positions when required but next season will surely be his last season as a player with us.  I'm guessing going into coaching will be his next step unless he drops down a league or two and becomes a Player Coach under an experienced manager.

I'd like Joe Shaughnessy and Curtis Main to stay, likewise Richard Tait if his legs are up to it.

Edited by BigYardsAndBasher
An unneeded "for".

2 minutes ago, BigYardsAndBasher said:

Greg Kiltie is a weird one as Mainstand Sweary Mob says.  He was obviously brought in to be a replacement for Jamie McGrath, then Jamie McGrath didn't leave initially and Greg wasn't getting a decent run in the team.  Then McGrath left to go down South and I just feel Greg Kiltie's St. Mirren career has been very stop/start.  He's not getting into the team for on a regular basis to go on a run of games in order to gain confidence and momentum so I think he may also be in the same situation as Jay Henderson.

Kiltie has just signed a new deal though !

5 minutes ago, billyg said:

Kiltie has just signed a new deal though !

I still think his career has been a little "bitty" though.  I know he'll probably not start every game but he's not contributed as much as I expected of him when he signed with us that's all.

ETA, his "career" with us I meant.

Edited by BigYardsAndBasher

6 hours ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

2023/2024
GK
Carson 2024
Urminsky 2024

DEF
Fraser 2025
Strain 2024
Tanser 2024
Gallagher 2024
R. Taylor 2025

MID
Baccus 2024
Flynn 2024
O’Hara 2026
Gogic 2024
Kiltie 2025
F. Taylor ???

FWD
Ayunga 2024
Grieve 2024
Brophy 2024
Offord ???
Jamieson 2024

Out of Contract
Boyd-Munce (team option)
Small (loan end)
Tait
Dunne
Main

Needs

Links

Olusanya contracted until 2024 as well.

1 minute ago, linwood buddie said:

Is there any word on Big Curtis read yesterday he was leaving and then staying ?

Rumour was he was about to sign a new deal but Robinson squashed that post match and said he had offers in League One and Two which is twice or three times as much as we could afford.

I could honestly envision him turning up at Wrexham or somewhere.

6 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Kiltie has just signed a new deal and is an excellent squad player, he isn’t going anywhere.