St Mirren v St Johnstone SPFL PREMIERSHIP 28/10/23

shull

1 hour ago, alwaystrue said:

Non scoring striker anyone 🤫

I recon he will hit double figures…. And with Ayunga to come back - we have arguably one of the best forward lines I was old enough to really watch us proper. As a 90s kid, I didn’t see some of the past greats but maybe this is our modern greats, time will tell.  

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Not a word.

Same from Bazil, 4 goals, no whining about VAR.

If Carlsberg made a perfect day......................:lol:

Great result, bossed them all over the park. Made even better by no needless VAR interruptions. 

Must be a tough evening for you, won’t be much you can get to disagree with. 

Robbo and the backroom team deserve a big shout out for our performances and where we are. 
Noticed after the game Robbo talking to big Taylor - basically telling him you need to be “on your toes concentrating” all the time. Thought the big man was excellent today but Robbo saw something he didn’t like and told him ……… that’s why we are “punching” and long may it continue !

COYS !

2 minutes ago, Dare said:

Robbo and the backroom team deserve a big shout out for our performances and where we are. 
Noticed after the game Robbo talking to big Taylor - basically telling him you need to be “on your toes concentrating” all the time. Thought the big man was excellent today but Robbo saw something he didn’t like and told him ……… that’s why we are “punching” and long may it continue !

COYS !

Great little report of interview with Taylor on BBC site, really appreciates the input of the management team as well as Flynn and Dunne.

59 minutes ago, guinness said:

Actually thought we were fairly poor most of the match. Much better in second half. What a difference to have a centre who gets a chance and just sticks it in without messing about. Excellent afternoon.

On reflection I really enjoyed being back at the game but I am almost in agreement with Guiness, At times we struggled today, Fakes were dire but at times they pressed us without doing much with it. 2nd half we were very good at times, great finishes. No real saves for our keeper to make. I was glad to be back 😁

Agree with posts praising Mandron's composed finishes but IMO opinion our MOM today is a toss-up between Gogic and Taylor. So solid in the middle of defence. I can't see Dunne back in our starting XI unless injury / suspension give him an opportunity. 

I love watching our goal celebrations - it tells us everything about the team morale / unity.

I am concerned, however, about the amount of money the club is spending on win-bonuses. :D :D :D

1 hour ago, guinness said:

Actually thought we were fairly poor most of the match. Much better in second half. What a difference to have a centre who gets a chance and just sticks it in without messing about. Excellent afternoon.

The scoreline flattered us. We're lucky they're pish and Baccus scored a beaut! After the second goal they collapsed. Had they took the lead it would have been a whole different game! 

2 minutes ago, W6er said:

Had they took the lead it would have been a whole different game! 

St Johnstone could have played until next Thursday without creating a goalscoring opportunity. Did you ever feel that our goal was under threat at any point today ?

4 minutes ago, W6er said:

The scoreline flattered us. We're lucky they're pish and Baccus scored a beaut! After the second goal they collapsed. Had they took the lead it would have been a whole different game! 

I'm sure they say the sign of a good team is they win when playing poorly.  That's what we did today.  'Nuff said.