Ictfc V Smfc Spfl Premiership Sunday 4Th January 2015

shull

Well not an unexpected result.

Best that can be said is at least we are competing and not getting gubbed 3 or 4-0 now.

I guess if a manager doesn't get appointed this week then it isn't happening and Teale will need to do his best. What MUST happen this week though is some movement in the transfer market, we need someone who can put the ball in the net and urgently!

Well not an unexpected result.

Best that can be said is at least we are competing and not getting gubbed 3 or 4-0 now.

I guess if a manager doesn't get appointed this week then it isn't happening and Teale will need to do his best. What MUST happen this week though is some movement in the transfer market, we need someone who can put the ball in the net and urgently!

More importantly, we need at least 1 centre-half that can stop the bloody thing going into our net... it is where all our problems stem from IMHO.

No clean sheets by this stage of the season is utterly shambolic!

have to say this is more or less what i expected from this tie

we have a long road to come back and need new blood in the squad, poor permanent signings are one thing but the poor loan signings have hit us harder as we could have expected some quality there.

it's also time to rest some of the kids before the heart is knocked out of them

our games against the rest of the bottom 4-5 clubs are our battlefield now

Edited by beyond our ken

Board have a lot to answer for. They caused this and we are suffering their ridiculous decision making.

I genuinely thought if we had got rid of Craig in October we could have survived this, however, by delaying the decision (as bad a decision as the appointment itself) they have cost our place in the league. I think it will be last place for us, county have more about them.

We pissed about with Craig far too long everyone saw it apart from The Board.Now we have pissed about without a manager for a month with arguably our weakest squad ever in the top flight.Can someone please get it sorted NOW.

The BoD deserve great credit for many things, but their lack of action this season smacks of indifference at best and incompetence at worst. This might not be my worst time ever supporting Saints, but it's not far off.

Ah there you go.

We played well actually. Disciplined at the back, pressed up top.

Sadly ICT have a cutting edge up front and we don't. That's why we lost. That's why they're top 6 and we aren't. And goodness me, can they kick.

Go on then BOD, take your expensive gamble. I've thought all along the right appointment was Gary Teale and I still do. Either way, we must appoint before the Aberdeen game. This week we need action.

There isn't a manager on the planet who could save this squad from relegation. We are finally paying for years and years of signing absolute dross!!! When was the last time we made a good signing? Someone who came in and made a real difference? Apart from a few short term successful loans the answer might be Steven Thompson and that was 2011!!!! And the last time we signed a real centre half was so long ago it's embarrassing! Will Haining maybe and that was 2007!!!

The amount of rubbish ( dozens of them) signed by Danny and Tommy is why we are where we are and that will almost certainly be the Championship next season.

Our 7th 1 nil defeat of the season.

You have to wonder how many of these 1-0 defeats could have ended in draws, or even victories, if we had indeed purchased a decent CH and suitable back up for Thommo.

Ultimately the board can be blamed for appointing a clueless halfwit who couldn't see that these players were required and/or extreme penny pinching.

Last time we were up there ICT ripped us a new one.

Can anyone honestly say we have not improved since then?

By all reports we ran them close today.

We all know where the deficiencies in the squad lie. I dare say Teale has identified that too.

I am not defending him for the hell of it and am not saying he is the answer...

I'd just love to know who could get more out of the current group of players.

I think the criticism of Teale is a hangover from the BoD apathy and Craigs sabotage of our squad

You have to wonder how many of these 1-0 defeats could have ended in draws, or even victories, if we had indeed purchased a decent CH and suitable back up for Thommo.

Ultimately the board can be blamed for appointing a clueless halfwit who couldn't see that these players were required and/or extreme penny pinching.

We haven't addressed the glaringly obvious CH for years, not just TC's failure. We just persevere with ones that are simply not good enough...

I don't think there's been a great deal of criticism of Teale, apart from a few "fans" with their own reasons for doing so. Most of us realise he's working with a stacked deck. It's not his fault that the squad is so poor, and we do appear, generally, to have upped our game slightly in terms of drive and effort. too little too late, though.

I'm not going to be critical of Teale, this isn't his fault. He's tried the best with what he has. The BoD need to make a decision this week, and really should have a man lined up to take the job, whether it be Teale or someone else. Needs to happen now.

Have we ever went through a full season in our history without keeping a clean sheet?

Have we broken a record for the SPL for the length of time/number of games without a clean sheet?

As BBC Alba would put it, we are the only team in the whole of the UK without a neoini to our name in the month of January.

Edited by northstbuddie