Holy Sh*t!

The fees for Armstrong and Andreu are enough to make you weep.

I think that shows the difference between how highly we rate McLean and what the Celtic, English Premiership and Championship scouts think.

Kenny has been watched for many years by many clubs but no-one (or at least no-one Kenny fancied) were willing to pay out the £275K needed to secure him in the summer. Maybe that should tell us something.

Will be interesting to see how he gets on in the next few seasons.

I think that shows the difference between how highly we rate McLean and what the Celtic, English Premiership and Championship scouts think.

Kenny has been watched for many years by many clubs but no-one (or at least no-one Kenny fancied) were willing to pay out the £275K needed to secure him in the summer. Maybe that should tell us something.

He was nowhere as good last season as he has shown recently

He has really shown up to the plate

Teams know by past deals there's a bargain to be had down at Greenhill Road

Hamilton and Dundee Utd know how to haggle and get the same rate as say a lower level English team

We shite ourselves when a money offer comes in and seem really grateful that someone wants to buy one of our players

McInnes can't believe his luck

Our Board also rated him at that amount by shaking hands on a gentleman's agreement at that value.

He will make Aberdeen a healthy profit I am sure.

We should spend the McLean money on the guy who conducts the Hamilton Accies transfers.

Then maybe we might start getting market value on our players instead of( shit someone offered us a bit of money, quick take it before they change there minds)

I think we should spend the money on holidays to South Africa.

We should spend the McLean money on the guy who conducts the Hamilton Accies transfers.

Then maybe we might start getting market value on our players instead of( shit someone offered us a bit of money, quick take it before they change there minds)

we do seem to fail in hyping players and hyping the club to the press and media and the football world in general.

That's the mindset i'm afraid

We're quite content "great wee club you get a penguin biscuit with your cuppa tea......ohh look another shocker of a decision against them that really is WOW what the former Chief Exec of the former Rangers is sobbing about life being unfair in a hospital bed ...thanks for the tea, grab the camera's we're off ! "

We all knew it was happening but gutted to see Kenny go - after a tricky spell a couple of years back he showed great character to improve his performances and became the genuine talisman for our team. I have nothing but positive things to say about the guy so good luck to him.

The board can f**k off though - he had 18 months left in his contract so why accept a bloody pittance? I know why, because they are now only interested in a quick sale to suit their own needs. An absolute scandal. Hamilton Accies fans must be pissing themselves laughing.

Maybe I've missed it, but a point I've not seen anybody else make is that our board might have either shat it, or taken a gamble that in the future Kenny will command a much higher transfer fee. This is the last season that we have to sell him and still automatically be entitled to a percentage of any future sell on fee. If the club waited until the summer then they would have lost out on that automatic entitlement.

Its worth bearing in mind we got nothing for Gowser ( who in all fairness cost us nothing ) , and whilst we haven't received massive transfer fees for players , its not as if we have sold a player , who has then gone on for a massive transfer fee .

Hopefully the wag made available with Kenny going and some of the incoming transfer fee can fund another three signings , which is what we need to have a chance of staying up , we can improved the squad and bank a few quid , then in all fairness we should consider it good business.

Lets see what team we put out before our next home game , before we become over critical .

Maybe I've missed it, but a point I've not seen anybody else make is that our board might have either shat it, or taken a gamble that in the future Kenny will command a much higher transfer fee. This is the last season that we have to sell him and still automatically be entitled to a percentage of any future sell on fee. If the club waited until the summer then they would have lost out on that automatic entitlement.

That automatic entitlement percentage is is only about 1%-5% though dependent on how long we had him as a youth. So unless he leaves Aberdeen for £20m, which let's be honest isn't very likely, we'll get a pittance. And we'd have to split it with Sevco as he was at TAFKAR before us as a youth.

Its worth bearing in mind we got nothing for Gowser ( who in all fairness cost us nothing ) , and whilst we haven't received massive transfer fees for players , its not as if we have sold a player , who has then gone on for a massive transfer fee .

Hopefully the wag made available with Kenny going and some of the incoming transfer fee can fund another three signings , which is what we need to have a chance of staying up , we can improved the squad and bank a few quid , then in all fairness we should consider it good business.

Lets see what team we put out before our next home game , before we become over critical .

im sorry but i have to

hope she is a centre half with big ...HITS

No expert but is it the case as no club would pay the development fee in the summer Kenny McLean could not leave? What were the club's options then? Could the player have demanded a one year deal and then left for almost nothing in the summer? Then it would have made sense for both parties to agree a 2 year deal with £275K release clause.

Oh FFS, that hurts.

What that made me think wasn't hurt - it made me think how Aberdeen are a much bigger, slicker and more professional club. With all due respect to the player, Kenny McLean isn't a big name marquee signing - but there's Aberdeen announcing him as 'Aberdeen's No7' with talk of an unveiling. A flash graphic and McLean waxing lyrical about Aberdeen going places.

Impressive. Gives me a good impression of Aberdeen, and I'm not even a Dons fan. I'm a fan of a rival top flight club who now wouldn't be surprised to see Aberdeen launching a new range of 'Kenny McLean 7' fancy coloured jessie boots in the Aberdeen club shop by this time tomorrow. Maybe a new 'No7' men's fragrance... Subtle hints of sandalwood and having the fcuking pish ripped out of you.

Edited by pozbaird

That automatic entitlement percentage is is only about 1%-5% though dependent on how long we had him as a youth. So unless he leaves Aberdeen for £20m, which let's be honest isn't very likely, we'll get a pittance. And we'd have to split it with Sevco as he was at TAFKAR before us as a youth.

It's 5% total for any clubs he was at whilst part of his football 'education'. If not agreed when that was then a tribunal sets when that education ended. The general rule is 0.25% for each of the years when player was 12-14 then 0.5% for each year he was 15-23. So maximum Rangers (old rangers, NOT sevco) would be entitled to is 1%, minimum we would get is 4%. Not great definitely, but it could be £20k - £80k that we definitely wouldn't get if we had waited until the summer.

Then again, maybe we could have got £500k in the summer. Who knows, but ultimately it is what it is.

The board can f**k off though - he had 18 months left in his contract so why accept a bloody pittance?

Because we had no control over the compensation fee and he'd only sign a new deal if he was allowed to go should a club meet that fee?

I'm not really getting where's this huge bid for McLean was ever going to come from. He's been in our first team for 5 years. Halfway towards a testimonial, countless scouts have watched him and the biggest offer we'd received was £150K from a team not long out the English non-leagues.

There's a whiff of Ricky Gillies about this today. A guy waiting for a big move who realised he had to lower his sights a bit and ended up at Pittodrie. This league probably will end up being his level I think.