Scottish Cup Quarter Final Draw

TopCat

9 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Rodgers won't play a weakened team in the league, even with it won - he'll want to go the entire season undefeated. My hope is that he thinks using the cup to give fringe players a game would still see his team strong enough to win at home against lower league opponents, and I believe that from our POV, that would give us a chance of avoiding something of a doing. Call it anything you want, defeatist, scared - I don't care. I don't want to see us getting a tanking, and I fear a full-strength Celtic with the right attitude would administer a tanking. The thought of an on-form Scott Sinclair running at our defence and making chances for Dembele and Co scares the shite out of me.

Just going on the evidence we've got it looks like he won't.  Full strength against ICT and Albion Rovers so why should the quarter final be any different? The fringe players have featured more in the league so far than they have in the cup.  Regardless Celtic don't really have much of a weakened team.  We'll more than likely get beat, I don't think it matters if it's 1 or 10 goals, this match is a no pressure occasion that will bring decent money to the club.  That's all that really matters.

I think it's the best draw we could of hoped for. (except Clyde/Ayr)   

9 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Just going on the evidence we've got it looks like he won't.  Full strength against ICT and Albion Rovers so why should the quarter final be any different? The fringe players have featured more in the league so far than they have in the cup.  Regardless Celtic don't really have much of a weakened team.  We'll more than likely get beat, I don't think it matters if it's 1 or 10 goals, this match is a no pressure occasion that will bring decent money to the club.  That's all that really matters.

I think it's the best draw we could of hoped for. (except Clyde/Ayr)   

I know. He'll play a full strength team to win the treble and go undefeated. Listen you, I'm trying to find something to suggest we won't get pumped, and I'm clutching at the hope they treat us a bit lightly and rest some guys. Stop bringing facts into it. :P

6 hours ago, Slash said:

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=2002&GameID=200301250

arguably a better Celtic side with Larsson and Sutton but we only lost 3-0. IIRC we took 3000 that day to Parkhead. I'd be surprised if we took 1000 this time around.

IIRC the bulk of the revenue from that game went to paying of Tom Hendrie. :bag

1 hour ago, melmac said:

Yep, could be a game to watch from the 1877 club or put it on a big screen in middle o park, don't give the beggars any more money.

We'll be making a lot more from their fans than they will from ours . 

23 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Aye we could cower under the bedsheets at home as you suggest and avoid the big scary team or we could simply act like men and meet the challenge head on and recognise that this is not life or death.

Either way we should file your post under the heading "laughable".

If its not life and death, then why do we need to "act like men and meet the challenge head on"?

The reason that sectarianism still exists in Scottish society today is because people like YOU condone it.

We need to get rid of the Old Firm, not encourage it.

But then again, you have previous for supporting Celtic's sectarianism, hatred and violence.

Either way, we should file YOU under the heading "laughable".

You, poor, fat, lonely, lecturer! :lol:

30 minutes ago, mcdowell76 said:

If its not life and death, then why do we need to "act like men and meet the challenge head on"?

The reason that sectarianism still exists in Scottish society today is because people like YOU condone it.

We need to get rid of the Old Firm, not encourage it.

But then again, you have previous for supporting Celtic's sectarianism, hatred and violence.

Either way, we should file YOU under the heading "laughable".

You, poor, fat, lonely, lecturer! :lol:

You have a decent point there. I  never understand anyone who will not go and support the team when playing the old firm.  Supporting you local team is standing up for everything old firm is against.  Get along and lift the team with a large vocal support. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

3 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

You have a decent point there. I need never understand anyone who will not go and support the team when playing the old firm.  Supporting you local team isstanding up for everything old firm is against.  Get along and lift the team with a large vocal support. 

You reckon he has a decent point?

I think you misunderstood what he means.

He is talking about NOT going to support the team.

He is talking about deliberately sending a youth team to protect our senior squad from a heavy defeat.

I, on the other hand, advocate going along with a full senior squad and face down the challenge....as long as I can get my apparently "fat lecturer arse" over there without wheezing myself into an early grave. Of course I will presumably have to finish my exam marking, and whatever else lecturers do, first.

Edited by oaksoft

6 minutes ago, guinness said:

It is a Scottish cup tie. Why would you want to miss it? If we get humped we get humped. I for one will be there as usual.

I bet that the fans that stayed away for the semi final in 2013 are still regretting missing it .

22 minutes ago, guinness said:

It is a Scottish cup tie. Why would you want to miss it? If we get humped we get humped. I for one will be there as usual.

In all honesty, I think that should read, "WHEN we get humped, we get humped. Celtic are head and shoulders above the best of the rest let alone a bottom of the lower league team. At one time I would have said, if we were at home, but, let's be honest, that would likely be worse at the moment. This parkhead mob have the bit between their teeth and will chew us up and spit us out. If we keep the score lower than four and no more, it'll be a small victory.

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

You have a decent point there. I  never understand anyone who will not go and support the team when playing the old firm.  Supporting you local team is standing up for everything old firm is against.  Get along and lift the team with a large vocal support. 

Well , i wont be going , i vowed never to set foot in either of the two hate filled hell holes ever again .

Why should i pay good money to sit in inferior seats to the home fans , to be subjected to a different set of rules by over zealous stewards and be in amongst a threatening and abusive support spouting their vile sectarian views going in and coming out of the stadium ?

7 hours ago, stlucifer said:

In all honesty, I think that should read, "WHEN we get humped, we get humped. Celtic are head and shoulders above the best of the rest let alone a bottom of the lower league team. At one time I would have said, if we were at home, but, let's be honest, that would likely be worse at the moment. This parkhead mob have the bit between their teeth and will chew us up and spit us out. If we keep the score lower than four and no more, it'll be a small victory.

I don't think we will win but stranger things have happened. We are capable of a goal be it set peace or a shoot on goal. We have pace up front. Would not miss it for anything. I hope it's not on TV so more will go along. 

10 hours ago, oaksoft said:

You reckon he has a decent point?

I think you misunderstood what he means.

He is talking about NOT going to support the team.

He is talking about deliberately sending a youth team to protect our senior squad from a heavy defeat.

I, on the other hand, advocate going along with a full senior squad and face down the challenge....as long as I can get my apparently "fat lecturer arse" over there without wheezing myself into an early grave. Of course I will presumably have to finish my exam marking, and whatever else lecturers do, first.

Well, Oaky, dunno if you've got a fat arse but I am pretty sure you're not a lecturer. You're a self employed rocket scientist or some such I'm led to believe,

I was toying with the idea of coming over to a match but I'm not coming for that one. I'll regret it if we beat them. I'm never comfortable at Parkhead or Ibrox and I just can't be arsed with all the crap that we hear at both grounds. A friend of mine over here who is a Celtic fanatic has invited me to go over with his crowd. I declined. Hope you get rid of your wheeze soon. You should invent a cure.

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

The eternal "I'm going, I'm no going" whenever we play either Rangers or Celtic debate.

I can see both points but I still believe that allowing anything, and some use any excuse, to stop you seeing your team possibly win against a giant seems a wasted opportunity.

Say the guy that goes every week :lol:

Edited by renfrew

13 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

I see that Motherwell are 25/1 to win at Parkhead on Saturday.

You wonder what odds they'll give us. It might be a club record.

Whatever it is, I'll have a fiver on it.  You just never know....

Celtic are due a defeat and I only hope that we are the ones to deliver it.  Stranger things have happened.