Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Time will tell, wasn't last season the season of opportunity? whistling.gif

lol.giflol.giflol.gif

Yep. Then we started signing players and it became clear we weren't going to take that opportunity.

That's in the past though, time to look forward, and the future's bright, the future's black and white!

Some shitebaggery of the highest order starting to become evident now lol.gif

For me, this is the best shape we've been in at this stage of pre-season in years.

lol...how can that possibly be..we have lost McGowan and mcgregor and brought in kids and unknowns,thommo is injured and the squad is thin...hamilton and ourselves to fight relegation the whole way..its nothing to do with shitebaggery as u put it but just blatant truth...

How thin is the squad? I always think a good test is to take out 6 important players and see if we could still field a competitive side.

So take out, Kello, McAusland, Goodwin, McLean, Teale and Thompson.

We could field:

Ridgers

Kelly

Williams

Plummer

Naismith

Hughes

Wylde

McGinn

Brown

Marwood

Caldwell

with Yaqub and Reilly spare.

To my mind that team is ok but lacks experience. We need a minimum of two additional players. Another central defender (to replace either Williams or Plummer) and another midfielder (to replace either Hughes or Brown).

Based on the trialist and the talk about the extra Man City loanee in the passed couple of weeks, it seems that the club feels exactly the same way.

The newspaper companies are banking on it..........................................

Not living in Paisley anymore and working away used to read PDE online which was always good for keeping up with things St Mirren. Now the daily record owns the PDE and when you click on sport it just takes you to the Daily Record sports page. Its terrible and sorely missed by me anyway.

Not living in Paisley anymore and working away used to read PDE online which was always good for keeping up with things St Mirren. Now the daily record owns the PDE and when you click on sport it just takes you to the Daily Record sports page. Its terrible and sorely missed by me anyway.

Yeah, it's a shite situation.

I buy it every day, just for the Saints stuff.

Does The Buteman not report on The Saints?whistling.gif