Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Sorry am I missing something here.................???????????? unsure.png

Every time Billy Mehmet moves anywhere in the world some misguided contributor on this forum drags his name back into the picture that suggests he might sign again for us.

Firstly, whoever you are, you must be stalking BM as he travels round the world in search of a team that matches his 'talents' and secondly, why on earth would we want to turn the clock back four or five years and bring back a player who was big, very occasionally a danger to the opposition and hadn't a clue where the net was!

There are a lot more and better options out there than Billy Mehmet!

Guest somner9

Sorry am I missing something here.................???????????? Posted Image

Every time Billy Mehmet moves anywhere in the world some misguided contributor on this forum drags his name back into the picture that suggests he might sign again for us.

Firstly, whoever you are, you must be stalking BM as he travels round the world in search of a team that matches his 'talents' and secondly, why on earth would we want to turn the clock back four or five years and bring back a player who was big, very occasionally a danger to the opposition and hadn't a clue where the net was!

Sit tight... Pm sent

....and hadn't a clue where the net was!

Sorry am I missing something here.................???????????? unsure.png

That'll be the same Bily Mehmet who scored some of the most important goals in our club's recent history?

Legendcloud9.gif

....and hadn't a clue where the net was!

That'll be the same Bily Mehmet who scored some of the most important goals in our club's recent history?

LegendPosted Image

Yep... and in true Saints fashion the same Billy Mehmet who played at Stranraer whilst recovering from illness and was subjected to a barrack of abuse.

I think that I might be correct in saying that Billy donated his Jersey for the late Sunny Foxbar Saint, when he sadly passed away. I might be wrong and maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but that gesture is typical of the man. He was a great servant and a top bloke who will always be remembered with great fondness.

The goal at Motherwell and the winner against Dundee to get the title are outstanding memories.

I think that I might be correct in saying that Billy donated his Jersey for the late Sunny Foxbar Saint, when he sadly passed away. I might be wrong and maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but that gesture is typical of the man. He was a great servant and a top bloke who will always be remembered with great fondness.

The goal at Motherwell and the winner against Dundee to get the title are outstanding memories.

Billy Mehmet was a great prospect who became a great servant to the club... more so when the boo boys laid off him.

A great personality who could have really achieved more with better players around him and a more offensive minded manager.

I loved the big guy... but I still cringe whrn I recall our "support" verbally abusing him in Stranraer.

Let's not forget Billy slotting past the Falkirk keeper in front of a massive away support in Grangemouth to set us on our way to avoiding relegation - again!

He also set up Dorman's goal, and, in common with the entire ream, was outstanding that afternoon.

Oh, and he scored a great goal against Hearts at Fir Park to earn us a cup final, and was the stand-out player in that match.

Some people have short memories, or are simply unwilling to acknowledge what Billy contributed to St Mirren. He was also a genuinely good guy, and a model professional.

Edited by Drew

A goal ratio of 1 goal per 3.56 games hardly pushes him into the 'legend' category!

The fact is that he has spent much more time in Paisley at St Mirren than at any other club throughout his career which suggests what he achieved here was the pinnacle of his career.

He got a lot of game time throughout that period, 146 games, - I'll accept he may be a "top bloke", and a "good professional", but please don't insult the few that have actually become 'legends'.

He's moved on, so should all you stalkers!

I may have picked this up wrong, but I don't think Drew actually thinks Billy Mehmet is a St. Mirren legend. I don't think anyone really does, in fact.

He was a good player for us though, scored some important goals and is a likeable guy.

A goal ratio of 1 goal per 3.56 games hardly pushes him into the 'legend' category!

The fact is that he has spent much more time in Paisley at St Mirren than at any other club throughout his career which suggests what he achieved here was the pinnacle of his career.

He got a lot of game time throughout that period, 146 games, - I'll accept he may be a "top bloke", and a "good professional", but please don't insult the few that have actually become 'legends'.

He's moved on, so should all you stalkers!

....and breeeeeeeeathe.

I may have picked this up wrong, but I don't think Drew actually thinks Billy Mehmet is a St. Mirren legend. I don't think anyone really does, in fact.

He was a good player for us though, scored some important goals and is a likeable guy.

You haven't picked it up wrong.

Guest somner9
My cousin went on a few dates with him, said he was full of himself and a bit of a douche. He'll always be a hero in my eyes though for the important goals he scored for us.. His first goal for us took us up, the penalty against celtic, the half volley in the league cup semi Posted Image[/quote

that's interesting your cousin going on a few dates with big Mehmzo does he still keep in touch with Billy?

My cousin went on a few dates with him, said he was full of himself and a bit of a douche. He'll always be a hero in my eyes though for the important goals he scored for us.. His first goal for us took us up, the penalty against celtic, the half volley in the league cup semi thumbup2.gif

His first goal, in the second last game, was, in fact, incidental as the final whistle had already gone in the Saintees game with QotS(?) beating them so we were actually champions without that goal..Two goals in that season, equalled by our right back, was actually pretty pathetic.

I'll never forget both his goal and overall performance in the cup semi final but it wasn't enough to make me blind to his ability.

Workhorse at best.

Edited by stlucifer

My cousin went on a few dates with him, said he was full of himself and a bit of a douche. He'll always be a hero in my eyes though for the important goals he scored for us.. His first goal for us took us up, the penalty against celtic, the half volley in the league cup semi thumbup2.gif[/quote

that's interesting your cousin going on a few dates with big Mehmzo does he still keep in touch with Billy?

Nah he's going out with Tom Daley now snore.gif