jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

1 minute ago, Yflab said:

I doubt it too, but if he wants to stay in Scotland - who would go for him? I am not sure 1 goal every 3 matches in the Championship is too great anyway . . .  :turtle

17 hours ago, gstretchuk said:

Erahon is young but see absolutely nothing to convince me he has what it takes..the lad is absolutely terrified every time he gets the ball...

He has potential , but should be out on loan playing in his proper position .

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Sanfranko on loan? He wants to stay in Scotland and not at Utd...

I thought he was pish against us.

I'd much rather have Mullen and Cook.

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

I'd much rather have Mullen and Cook

A great starting point for next season's squad , would prefer another two strikers to give them a bit of competition . But those guys have done really well when.they come on , do who knows how well they can do next season playing together . Maybe bring Thommo in an afternoon a week as a striking coach and see if there's more potential .

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 6:53 PM, FTOF said:

I'd much rather have Mullen and Cook.

Agreed but he was a sub this time - looked better in the Cup against us - but I agree, he is not better that Mullen and probably not Cooke either

Edited by Sweeper07

Club have just announced all the players who’s loans have ended and also noted that Jackson and Ferdinand have left.

No mention of GMac and Muzek so they must be getting offered contracts. Not sure of anyone else who has out of contract?

32 minutes ago, foxbar_bud said:

Club have just announced all the players who’s loans have ended and also noted that Jackson and Ferdinand have left.

No mention of GMac and Muzek so they must be getting offered contracts. Not sure of anyone else who has out of contract?

What a bout Eckersley? Corbu plus the other loan players..

I do think we are offering contracts to Gary and Muzek - it makes sense, but no guarantee they will sign up quickly.... hope they do though. The sooner we have a fairly settled squad the better . . . 

Edited by Sweeper07

The Official site says

St Mirren Football Club can confirm that Anders Dreyer, Brad Lyons, Danny Rogers, Duckens Nazon, Jordan Holmes, Kyle McAllister, Laurentiu Corbu, Lee Hodson and Mihai Popescu have returned to their parent clubs as their loan deals come to an end.

We can also confirm that Anton Ferdinand and Simeon Jackson will leave the club following the expiry of their contracts, while Adam Eckersley has joined Airdrieonians. 

2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

The Official site says

St Mirren Football Club can confirm that Anders Dreyer, Brad Lyons, Danny Rogers, Duckens Nazon, Jordan Holmes, Kyle McAllister, Laurentiu Corbu, Lee Hodson and Mihai Popescu have returned to their parent clubs as their loan deals come to an end.

We can also confirm that Anton Ferdinand and Simeon Jackson will leave the club following the expiry of their contracts, while Adam Eckersley has joined Airdrieonians. 

Happy to see the majority of these players leave with the exception of Popescu and Hodson. Nazon and Jackson are not good enough to take us forward. We must get in some genuine quality this time or at least players of a standard who csn play well at this level. Over to you Gus and Oran. 

2 hours ago, Ethan said:

Happy to see the majority of these players leave with the exception of Popescu and Hodson. Nazon and Jackson are not good enough to take us forward. We must get in some genuine quality this time or at least players of a standard who csn play well at this level. Over to you Gus and Oran. 

Ideally we would want Popescu, Hodson, Dreyer, Holmes (probably), and McAllister back - add in Muzek and MacKenzie and we have only offloaded 7.

But questions remain over Kellerman and Heaton too..  :ninja Will Tansey recover of retire????

Looking at what is left in positional terms:

image.png.7d8722fa7afb57d792818e2c82fed5ce.png

That's 15 remaining. Kellermann and Heaton will surely not be here by start of the season and Tansey will be lucky if he kicks a ball again apparently.

That would leave us with 12 (on basis that Gary Mac and Muzek stay).

So from that 12, we'd add another 8 - 10 in close season to get to that magic number of 21-22.

For me, we definitely need:

1 x Backup Goalie
1 x RB for cover (Hodson would be ideal due to versatility on both sides and can play in midfield if needed)
1 or 2 x CB
1 x CM (attacking)
1 x RM
1 x LM
2 x CF

4 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Looking at what is left in positional terms:

image.png.7d8722fa7afb57d792818e2c82fed5ce.png

That's 15 remaining. Kellermann and Heaton will surely not be here by start of the season and Tansey will be lucky if he kicks a ball again apparently.

That would leave us with 12 (on basis that Gary Mac and Muzek stay).   So from that 12, we'd add another 8 - 10 in close season to get to that magic number of 21-22.

For me, we definitely need:

1 x Backup Goalie
1 x RB for cover (Hodson would be ideal due to versatility on both sides and can play in midfield if needed)
1 or 2 x CB
1 x CM (attacking)
1 x RM
1 x LM
2 x CF

This is a good picture of where we are at and what we need... but I think we will have more than 22 in the squad for next season. Given the injuries we faced last time around left us weaker for many games... the Fakes has 26 I think - so we need at least 24...

Also cannot predict whether Hladky or any other player might be sold/transferred but sure we hope not . . .

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

This is a good picture of where we are at and what we need... but I think we will have more than 22 in the squad for next season. Given the injuries we faced last time around left us weaker for many games... the Fakes has 26 I think - so we need at least 24...

Also cannot predict whether Hladky or any other player might be sold/transferred but sure we hope not . . .

I'm going purely based on what Oran said about squad size. He's always said that we should carry 21-22 seniors and supplement that with a few youths.

I don't know if Cammy and Ethan are both still classed in Oran's mind as youth players - given Ethan is only 18, he most certainly should be but he played so many matches last season, he's got to be a senior squad member now.

Just now, djchapsticks said:

I'm going purely based on what Oran said about squad size. He's always said that we should carry 21-22 seniors and supplement that with a few youths.

I don't know if Cammy and Ethan are both still classed in Oran's mind as youth players - given Ethan is only 18, he most certainly should be but he played so many matches last season, he's got to be a senior squad member now.

I think we had to cut our cloth last year under pressure financially more than we will have to this season. I also think Oran said what he said to let those he wanted away know that he was not planning to keep them all... Whatever it worked out good in the end.

I think Erhahon and MacPherson are 1st team squad now, but not sure we have any younger lads that would not benefit from going out on loan as they won't be ready for the Premiership yet?

I'd be surprised if we have less than 24 of a squad for this coming season...