Jump to content

jimdickloyal

Speculation Thread

Recommended Posts

Obviously hearsay but was told that goody tried to offload Mullen in the summer, doesn’t fancy him at all and to be fair it kind of shows as earlier in the season (and even now) he opted to play anyone apart from Mullen, when other strikers where looking dung. Hope this doesn’t bite us in the arse boys scored some right important goals for us over the last 2 years. All the best if indeed true. 
 
would of thought Cooke would of been the one to go if any but I suppose he does offer physicality up there when mullen does enjoy a wee dive.
Say it again, Mullen is a winger, not a striker!
He needs umpteen chances to find the net. Yes he's s scored some, but yir Granny would get a similar return with that amount of chances.
Livi didn't seem to sad to offload him, and that was in the championship.
His best game this season was against Broxburn... say no more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Danny Mullen isn't a Premiership level striker and if we aspire to climb the league and consolidate year on year then we need to carry a strike force of a higher calibre. That said, i'm not entirely convinced Morias is any better than him..

We must have another striker lined up that is clearly much better than what we have in the squad at the moment.

Good luck to Danny, he tried his hardest but unfortunately, much like Cammy Smith, the Premiership was a step too high for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not for a moment saying Danny is a great striker but he is a hell of a lot better than Cooke. Cooke has had 3 League starts in 20 months under 3 different managers tells its own story. Danny came on as a sub on Saturday, scored one, made one and had a great volley on target. Cooke had come on as a sub in the five previous games and I only remember one shot on target from him. Cooke offers very little.   I would punt Cooke and keep Danny for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Not for a moment saying Danny is a great striker but he is a hell of a lot better than Cooke. Cooke has had 3 League starts in 20 months under 3 different managers tells its own story. Danny came on as a sub on Saturday, scored one, made one and had a great volley on target. Cooke had come on as a sub in the five previous games and I only remember one shot on target from him. Cooke offers very little.   I would punt Cooke and keep Danny for now.
I wouldn't be surprised if Cody goes out too/instead of...
Neither he nor Mullen are moving us forward, and Goody obviously thinks that too.
Obika had started getting striker/poacher goals, something wr have been lacking since Reilly went.
Morais has still to convince, his first touch even against the mighty Broxburn was poor. He needs to work on that, as he gets into promising positions to hurt our opponents.
Wonder who the new striker will be? I'd guess at an OF or English loanee?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Cody goes out too/instead of...
Neither he nor Mullen are moving us forward, and Goody obviously thinks that too.
Obika had started getting striker/poacher goals, something wr have been lacking since Reilly went.
Morais has still to convince, his first touch even against the mighty Broxburn was poor. He needs to work on that, as he gets into promising positions to hurt our opponents.
Wonder who the new striker will be? I'd guess at an OF or English loanee?

I reckon Morias gets on a lot better playing wide where he has time and space. He did get a couple of decent shots in late in the game when he moved further out from the middle.

And from Saturday's brief appearance McGrath looks like he would be a great no 10 playing just off a striker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I reckon Morias gets on a lot better playing wide where he has time and space. He did get a couple of decent shots in late in the game when he moved further out from the middle.
And from Saturday's brief appearance McGrath looks like he would be a great no 10 playing just off a striker.
You have to think if Goody can add another proven or even young hungry striker this month then we will be an entirely different and much more potent force going forward.
Big question is how will the new look defence bed in? It was only a trading game on Saturday, and Brox barely got in our half. Once it twice though our backline looked all at sea. Hopefully just settling in lapses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I reckon Morias gets on a lot better playing wide where he has time and space. He did get a couple of decent shots in late in the game when he moved further out from the middle.

And from Saturday's brief appearance McGrath looks like he would be a great no 10 playing just off a striker.

He was magnificent out wide vs Killie. With space to run, instead of holding the ball up to beat the last man, is where he seems more effective.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

You have to think if Goody can add another proven or even young hungry striker this month then we will be an entirely different and much more potent force going forward.
Big question is how will the new look defence bed in? It was only a trading game on Saturday, and Brox barely got in our half. Once it twice though our backline looked all at sea. Hopefully just settling in lapses.

Yeah, we won't see anymore teams come to Paisley with 9 men in and around the box at every saints attack. 

I'm confident however that the news boys will be ready and what better way to start with your league debut against one of the tougher opponents away from home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sonny said:

I heard 2 weeks ago that Danny had been told to find a new club. Madness. He has the best scoring ratio of anyone at ghe club. If anyone should be going it shojld be Cooke.

Isn't it possible both players have been told to find new clubs, as their both out of contract in the summer and it's Danny being proactive in making himself available.

One needs regular games before end of season and it's not looking as if he's not going to get it with St.Mirren.   Only my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, pod said:

Isn't it possible both players have been told to find new clubs, as their both out of contract in the summer and it's Danny being proactive in making himself available.

One needs regular games before end of season and it's not looking as if he's not going to get it with St.Mirren.   Only my opinion.

Possibly both have been told their contract won't be renewed and no surprise there. I only heard about Danny. With McGrath and a new striker imminent then both are even further down the pecking order.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, pod said:

Isn't it possible both players have been told to find new clubs, as their both out of contract in the summer and it's Danny being proactive in making himself available.

One needs regular games before end of season and it's not looking as if he's not going to get it with St.Mirren.   Only my opinion.

It's also possible that Mullen doesn't know whether he's being offered a new contract or not and is simply being proactive. Abdul Osman and Steven Anderson who are both on that list, have contracts with clubs until the end of the season.

I don't think we're in a position just now, like previous seasons, to decided who stays or leaves at the end of the season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Krankies therapist said:

 

As for Cody Cooke , before he signed for st.mirren no one had heard of him and no one will miss him when he’s gone.

Cody Cooke has a good attitude, and is a similar use to the team as Danny Mullen . I,ve got a feeling that whilst he would love to stay at St Mirren , he will probably end up back at his old job and playing part time at Yeovil .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Cody Cooke has a good attitude, and is a similar use to the team as Danny Mullen . I,ve got a feeling that whilst he would love to stay at St Mirren , he will probably end up back at his old job and playing part time at Yeovil .

See what I mean .  You don’t even know he played with Truro and not Yeovil .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Krankies therapist said:

See what I mean .  You don’t even know he played with Truro and not Yeovil .

His old job at a further education college , which he had before he came to Saints ( these type of jobs often have an opportunity for a career break ) , and I'm hoping the experience in Scotland has enabled him to play a higher standard than he had previous , hence Yeovil and not Truro .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

His old job at a further education college , which he had before he came to Saints ( these type of jobs often have an opportunity for a career break ) , and I'm hoping the experience in Scotland has enabled him to play a higher standard than he had previous , hence Yeovil and not Truro .

Yeovil Town FC are a Professional football club with full time players.
Why would they want to take a player part time, especially one they too have probably never heard of.  
 

you fecked up and made a Cnut of yersel. Just admit it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Krankies therapist said:

Yeovil Town FC are a Professional football club with full time players.
Why would they want to take a player part time, especially one they too have probably never heard of.  
 

you fecked up and made a Cnut of yersel. Just admit it. 

The point I am making is that going back to a good job and playing part time football will be a good option for Cody Cooke . 

Let's see what happens . 

Not going to bother getting into a slagging match . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...