Jump to content

Speculation Thread


jimdickloyal

Recommended Posts


Forward Ross Callachan is to leave Hamilton Academical after activating a clause in his contract allowing him to walk away for free after relegation from the top flight. 

Top goal scorer for Hamilton 9 goals and 3 assists in the league, not a bad return from midfield

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, JPB1957 said:

Forward Ross Callachan is to leave Hamilton Academical after activating a clause in his contract allowing him to walk away for free after relegation from the top flight. 

Top goal scorer for Hamilton 9 goals and 3 assists in the league, not a bad return from midfield

So did Forward Ross Callachan score all his goals from midfield ? 😉

Joking aside, I know this fella is getting bigged up by a lot of people. I wonder if we are looking ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

So did Forward Ross Callachan score all his goals from midfield ? 😉

Joking aside, I know this fella is getting bigged up by a lot of people. I wonder if we are looking ? 

I know an Accies fan ( yes there is one) and he says that the guy is a lazy buggar who just plays when he feels like it, he will end up at County or Livi 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know an Accies fan ( yes there is one) and he says that the guy is a lazy buggar who just plays when he feels like it, he will end up at County or Livi 
There is 2 i work in-between Airdrie and Motherwell and on the nighshift there is 1 Hamilton fan, 1 St Mirren fan, 1 Kilmarnock fan & 1 St Johnstone fan.

According to St Johnstone fan they are rumoured to be interested in Callachan.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

There is 2 i work in-between Airdrie and Motherwell and on the nighshift there is 1 Hamilton fan, 1 St Mirren fan, 1 Kilmarnock fan & 1 St Johnstone fan.

According to St Johnstone fan they are rumoured to be interested in Callachan.

He's played there before and if they are interested it would be a no brainer for him to be interested himself, joining a double cup winning side that will also be playing at least a handful of games in Europe too.

He's an okay player, though not one who I've ever thought would improve the quality of our own squad.

Edited by kevo_smfc
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Callachan is a mediocre player who just happened to have the season of his life last year. He scored nearly as many last season along as he did in the previous 9 seasons combined.

He's a bit similar to when we had Ricky Gillies in the SPL with us in 2000/01. He scored 12-13 goals for the team who finished bottom and yet when we got relegated, folk were hardly scrambling to snap him up. Callachan is one of those types, he wouldn't improve us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Callachan is a mediocre player who just happened to have the season of his life last year. He scored nearly as many last season along as he did in the previous 9 seasons combined.

He's a bit similar to when we had Ricky Gillies in the SPL with us in 2000/01. He scored 12-13 goals for the team who finished bottom and yet when we got relegated, folk were hardly scrambling to snap him up. Callachan is one of those types, he wouldn't improve us.

I’m not so sure, I always liked him at Hearts and Raith so think he would’ve been handy for us. Obviously didn’t score as many goals but was always a threat without being the focal point of the team like he was at Hamilton.

That said, I think we fortunately have a superior player in McGrath and Callachan likely thought he wouldn’t get in our team ahead of him if we were actually interested in signing him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...