Danny Says No More Signings

If I recall correctly, Brian told me that it needn't be prohibitive in terms of cost, as we already have the infrastructure in place.

Fair enough.

Depends on what he means by infrastructure though.

If he's including software as well as the hardware then I wonder what would be causing the delay.

Fair enough.

Depends on what he means by infrastructure though.

If he's including software as well as the hardware then I wonder what would be causing the delay.

To be fair, I could be recalling incorrectly, so wouldn't want to be hauled for misrepresenting him.

In terms of any delay, that would assume there is an intention to progress the idea. As things stand, I haven't heard anything back from Brian one way or another. He certainly seemed quite keen to explore the proposal, and had a few suggestions of his own, so I'm not sure what might have changed.

Perhaps he has more important things to be getting on with. Still, it strikes me as a postential missed opportunity.

To be fair, I could be recalling incorrectly, so wouldn't want to be hauled for misrepresenting him.

In terms of any delay, that would assume there is an intention to progress the idea. As things stand, I haven't heard anything back from Brian one way or another. He certainly seemed quite keen to explore the proposal, and had a few suggestions of his own, so I'm not sure what might have changed.

Perhaps he has more important things to be getting on with. Still, it strikes me as a postential missed opportunity.

full season tickets first ,special offers second

Good post. Also the bit in bold - superb! :lol:thumbs2

I know of people who are genuine "Faraway Saints". These people live in such "faraway" places as the United States of America, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Germany, some of the Scandinavian countries and the weird thing is they get to more games a Season than a guy in Arbroath! :1eye

He doesn't even go when we play in places like Aberdeen, Dundee, Perth.

Glory hunting part timer!

Had originally thought United would struggle this season but think it will be the Saintees. Dodgy squad and unproven manager.

Would have agreed with this a month ago, not now though. While Dannys being dithering Tommy has brought in alot of proven SPL experience, this is who St Johnstone have brought in:

Rory Fallon (Aberdeen)

Gary McDonald (Morecambe)

Dylan Easton (Berwick Rangers)

Gwion Edwards (Swansea City - Loan)

David Wotherspoon (Hibernian)

Brian Easton (Dundee)

Steve Banks (Dundee Utd)

McDonald, Easton, Wotherspoon and Banks are four proven performers at this level and i would have taken any of them at Saints. We started this pre season in a better place than teams like the Saintees and Ross County having kept all our top lads, while they lost theirs. Fast forward a month and they have both over taken us.

Let's hope Danny's good at playing catch up.

Edited by Lex

Would have agreed with this a month ago, not now though. While Dannys being dithering Tommy has brought in alot of proven SPL experience, this is who St Johnstone have brought in:

Rory Fallon (Aberdeen)

Brian Easton (Dundee)

Steve Banks (Dundee Utd)

McDonald, Easton, Wotherspoon and Banks are four proven performers at this level and i would have taken any of them at Saints. We started this pre season in a better place than teams like the Saintees and Ross County having kept all our top lads, while they lost theirs. Fast forward a month and they have both over taken us.

And that's a big MEH from me.

ETA: I wouldn't swap that entire list for Paul McGowan.

Edited by Drew

Been thinking this myself recently...St. Johnstone, Ross County and Inverness CT all overachieved last season, I would most definitely be shocked to see them replicate their efforts in 2013/14.

I think there is a reasonable probability that at least one of them will have a rough time of it next season. on top of those 3 we have Hibernian without Griffiths, and a Kilmarnock who may well end up grappling with an insolvency event at some stage.

As for us...well, lets wait and see...

*EDIT* - Meant to quote aldo_j

Edited by ss39Lavety

Rory Fallon (Aberdeen)

Brian Easton (Dundee)

Steve Banks (Dundee Utd)

I think it's safe to say any more signings we make will be loan signings.

Pre-season is well under way and players out of contract will be way behind in the fitness stakes

I think it's safe to say any more signings we make will be loan signings.

Pre-season is well under way and players out of contract will be way behind in the fitness stakes

The sad thing is i think you may be right. Our permanent signings this year may consist of a couple of youth players and Gary Harkins.

Talk about uninspiring. I fear we may have missed out on an opportunity to really kick on next season. Hope we're both wrong though and there's plenty of SPL experience waiting to sign up!

Rory Fallon (Aberdeen)

Brian Easton (Dundee)

Steve Banks (Dundee Utd)

Not so sure I would say they have "overtaken" us. I do see your point about the lack of signings in relation to some others, however I ultimately disagree that we have ay real reason to start panicking.

I didn't know about Wotherspoon...pretty shocked at that one I must say, would have made my day if we unveiled him for next season. Hibs are looking more like relegation candidates as the season edges closer I would say.

The flip side is to say of course that players being released from SPL clubs hardly drives home the point about them being "proven performers"...more proven surplus...so again...hardly shaking in my boots about it all.

The one thing that really annoys me consistently is the fact that teams like St. Johnstone and Kilmarnock can afford the luxury of offering 2/3 year contracts and pay higher wages than us...I just simply don't see how this can be the case given that St. Johnstone had some quite diabolical home crowds last season, as did Kilmarnock...I really don't see what they can offer players that we can't.

I really hope your concerns are found to be hasty ones dude.

The one thing that really annoys me consistently is the fact that teams like St. Johnstone and Kilmarnock can afford the luxury of offering 2/3 year contracts and pay higher wages than us...I just simply don't see how this can be the case given that St. Johnstone had some quite diabolical home crowds last season, as did Kilmarnock...I really don't see what they can offer players that we can't.

I really hope your concerns are found to be hasty ones dude.

Killie are millions of pounds in debt because they continue to run their club in this fashion and also sell 3 stands to the old firm whenever they attend. As for St Johnstone they make alot of money on the commercial front and Mr Brown has deep pockets not a good recipe for a well run club

The sad thing is i think you may be right. Our permanent signings this year may consist of a couple of youth players and Gary Harkins.

Talk about uninspiring. I fear we may have missed out on an opportunity to really kick on next season. Hope we're both wrong though and there's plenty of SPL experience waiting to sign up!

The only thing uninspiring is you.

They've no kicked a baw yet FFS