Dundee United V St Mirren Scottish Cup 5Th Rd 8/2/14

shull

He is one of many , but her hasn't kicked his arse this season and I hope we don't keep him on for next season. We need to clear the boards of all the dead wood and he's part of it now !

Don't agree with that . I feel he suffers as a result of the lack of players willing to get into positions to receive the ball and therefore tries to do something that's not on or holds it too long.

I do agree we've got a lot of deadwood that needs clearing though. Goodwin was a disgrace today. If he's not willing to make a challenge he shouldn't be out there. We've got a team of ball watchers with little appetite for the scrap. Doesn't bode well for the next few months.

Knickerwetters as usual just can't wait to jump on Danny Lennon, he won the League Cup, usual suspects have it in for him, this isn't the time to question the manager's position, boo boys, etc....

Just saving Oaksoft and Beyond Our Ken the fcuking bother...

We were toothless today. Offered very little in an attacking sense, and almost every move broke down when we cheaply surrendered possession.

United were distinctly average and didn't need to work for that victory.

AND DANNY LENNON DIDN'T STAND ON THE TOUCHLINE ENOUGH!

Thought we were really poor. Terrible defence who do not know how to clear a ball. Many who seem incapable of a simple pass. Poor workrate and don't know how to close a man down. Well beaten I thought. Only good thing was DD who looks like he can be a player.

Agree with most if this.

Young Naismith and Kelly couldn't find a Saints player when playing out from the back. 2 centre backs did ok, McGregor had a great last ditch tackle in first half, probably his strongest attribute. He could have taken all the pressure off of us prior to the winning goal though if he had just cleared his lines.

We could have done with bringing Teale and Campbell on a bit earlier IMO, moving McLean infield.

No complaints about the result. United just edged it.

Edited by davidg

Knickerwetters as usual just can't wait to jump on Danny Lennon, he won the League Cup, usual suspects have it in for him, this isn't the time to question the manager's position, boo boys, etc....

Just saving Oaksoft and Beyond Our Ken the fcuking bother...

How many times can the league cup be cast up to save his arse? When the final whisle blew there did u say to yersel.. "Aw its alright we won the league cup last year?" Or touchwood we dont but IF we get relegated will you take comfort in the cup win that day??

Naw!

McLean or even Harkins would be more effective playing of Thompson, they atleast score goals and can get shots away. Our attempts at goal ratio every game is shocking.

Not sure if it was u.

But did u not say I was talking rubbish about McGowan a few weeks back when I mentioned he's overrated doesn't get anywhere near the goals he should be getting playing as a 2ndstriker. Makes us less of a threat when we also have 3 def mids and a center mid playing in midfield plus Thompson with no pace.

I'm sick of watching Danny Lennon sitting on his hands in the dugout for 90 mins staring into the middle distance, while last week Locke, and now McNamara, were urging their men on. I reckon he's pondering the location of the nearest JobCentre Plus. Hope so anyway.

McNamara probably spent the past 7 games on the touchline urging his men on...didn't enable them to win any of them.

Edited by NeilPar72

On the radio yesterday they were discussing to-day's match. I can't remember who it was but someone said that we he looks at the St Mirren squad he is really surprised where we are in the League as our squad looks capable of easily being in the top six. I agree with him. We generally have a decent squad (except maybe CBs) IMHO but seem to have something seriously wrong about the setup. For example I think McGowan is a top notch player but in our team he is poor. I am sure if he went to Motherwell for example he would be a standout. Something has to be fixed. And soon.