Super Saints V Hearts Top League 29/12/13

shull

I was absolutely astonished at the half time total f*ck up.

The problem was Cheesy picks up a knock, the options were.

A) straight replacement with Mair coming on.

B.) bring on DVZ and move Goodwin back to play at Centre Half. DVZ plays Goodwins role as per Saturday.

C) bring in DVZ and move Naismith to Centre half playing DVZ in his familiar right back role.

Or D for Danny) bring on DVZ put Grainger at Centre half a position that he hasn't played before, move DVZ to midfield to play the John McGinn role, move John McGinn to Left midfield. I honestly couldn't believe what I was seeing. Thought it was a wind up, cannot believe that he done that and the only surprise was we never lost.

All I can say is WTF was he thinking?

Edited by Kendo

As I keep saying, we have a top 6 squad of players but a useless manager.

When Danny Lennon arrived we had just finished in 10th position.

After almost 4 years in charge we currently sit in 8th position with every club in the bottom 6 moving up 2 spots as a result of the meltdowns of Rangers & Hearts.

In summary, we have made no progress in the league whatsoever after nearly 4 years of Lennon.

We need to get rid of him & Tommy Craig. The sooner the better. They really doesn't know what they are doing.

Error one Sean Kelly is not a midfield player. Grainger and him both ended up either playing left back or 10 yards in front.

Error two Grainger is not commanding enough to play centre back.

Error 3 Van Zanten and Goodwin cannot play together in midfield. Even Vanzy wide on right and Newton in middle would have worked better. Newton was poor for the majority of the game but pretty much everyone was sloppy. McGregor my MOM.

Only midfielder to get into the game gets shunted out wide to make way for the calamitous change.

Kello's save at the end shows why we must keep him. That is 4 points he has won us in last week alone. It wouldn't surprise me if he ends up linked with Parkhead as either back up or a replacement for Forster.

Deary me...some folk need their heads checked if they honestly believe that DVZ for Cheesy was Danny's preferred substitution at h/t.

After Mair picks up his niggle, if we win the game then no-one cares who is selected in his place. There is no substitution available that would be met with approval from the fans unless we win.

The fact is the players should have converted more than 1 of our chances today. Too many players underperformed today, need to hope they are better for Killie.

Why would you have an unfit guy on the bench and he continued to warm up during the second half.

I thought Grainger was decent at Centre back but the midfield went to feck due to the changes.

No pace,energy and passing in your engine room in your team causes performances what we saw

I've no idea but Mair certainly looked like he was having a half time fitness test rather than a warm up. I was in the main stand and as he warmed up at half time there were two coaches watching him. He was doing a lot of twisting and turning, and appeared to be flexing his back a lot - my guess would be that he's got some sort of issue with his back. At one point the bald coach approached him, Mair spoke to him and the coach walked off and minutes later Van Zanten appeared on the park, had a quick word with Mair as he passed and started a normal looking warm up. Both players went down the tunnel and when the teams emerged St Mirren only had 9 outfield players. The referee appeared to know what was happening and held up the restart with all the players from both teams in their positions until Van Zanten finally emerged. The 4th official then showed the boards and Van Zanten took his position.

Now to me that would suggest that Lennon was going to make the straight swap. Mair himself or the bald coach deemed Mair unfit and Lennon opted to put Van Zanten on - perhaps holding a doubtful Mair back for the game against Kilmarnock.

My criticism of Lennon would be that he left the side with two defenders playing in central midfield and he reduced the effectiveness of both McGinn and Newton as a result. Goodwins role appeared to be to nullify Stephenson.

Thought we played well first half, and I think if we scored a 2nd we would have went on to win quite comfortably. At least we now know vanzy and Goodwin can't play in the centre of the park together, don't blame Lennon for trying it, he just doesn't trust Harkins playing in the centre of the park. Thought mcgregor was mom, along with McGinn who was excellent again.

As I keep saying, we have a top 6 squad of players but a useless manager.

When Danny Lennon arrived we had just finished in 10th position.

After almost 4 years in charge we currently sit in 8th position with every club  in the bottom 6 moving up 2 spots as a result of the meltdowns of Rangers & Hearts.

In summary, we have made no progress in the league whatsoever after nearly 4 years of Lennon.

We need to get rid of him & Tommy Craig. The sooner the better. They really doesn't know what they are doing.

Nice twisting of the stats, you're a f**king moron

Danny frustrates me greatly. Even if we accept Mair told the coaching staff he couldn't come on as a straight swap for McAusland, oor' Danny chooses a solution that sees us completely lose our shape, balance, and the effectiveness of both Grainger and McGinn. Then he compounds things by taking McGowan off and leaving Newton on. Now, I accept Gowser wasn't having a great game, but in the second half Newton was having a nightmare. I like Newton, but not only was he having a nightmare, he shat out of a few challenges, completely failed to even try jumping for a high ball with an opponent, didn't bother to try and run onto a couple of through balls that looked catchable, and generally looked like he wasn't interested. To be fair, he upped his effort late on and cut inside for a left-foot effort, but he should have been hooked earlier anyway.

Danny Lennon though... what was he thinking? What defensive/midfield shape and pattern was he thinking he was going to achieve?

How in the name of God can an injury to Marc McAusland see a manager fcuk up an entire team?

FFS Danny praising Hearts goal and blaming the players for poor decision making. Pot and kettle. He needs to have a bloody look at his own decision making. How can he not see the idiotic changes created the level of confusion and imbalance he created in the first 6 games and more recently in the Motherwell game? I do hope the board seriously consider whether or not to offer a new contract. I am fed up with this lame quote of "I hope he learns" as surely these management clangers and him learning should be improved after 4 years in charge?

B.) bring on DVZ and move Goodwin back to play at Centre Half. DVZ plays Goodwins role as per Saturday.

C) bring in DVZ and move Naismith to Centre half playing DVZ in his familiar right back role.

Or D for Danny) bring on DVZ put Grainger at Centre half a position that he hasn't played before, move DVZ to midfield to play the John McGinn role, move John McGinn to Left midfield. I honestly couldn't believe what I was seeing. Thought it was a wind up, cannot believe that he done that and the only surprise was we never lost.

Cheesy has a migraine says Danny. Paul Mathers came down the tunnel and told Vanzy who was about to disappear into the dugout that he was going on. Vanzy then proceeded to play like he didn't know what he was meant to be doing and it all went to pot. I'm not Grainger's biggest fan but thought he did ok in that 1st half and should have been left there. Connor should definitely been the one taken off for Harkins. Totally agree with other posters - 2 points lost down to you Danny !!!

Edited by renfrew bud

If Mair was injured and Van Zanten was replacing McAusland, the only thing way that change would have worked was if Naismith slotted into centre half and Vanzy right back.

Or even DVZ at right midfield at push with Newton in the middle! We really missed energy and running in the middle of the park with both DVZ and Goodwin in there

Danny f**ked that game up for us with his pish tactics and I hope to god he knows this! It's all been said on this thread already but, injury to Mair or not, there were other options that were better than moving Grainger to CB and playing Van Zanten in the engine room - he's been a great servant, and I understand that he is a brilliant guy, but I'm sorry he isn't good enough anymore (and hadn't been for some time).

Also, Newton really needs to grow a set of balls - shites out of 60/40 tackles in his favour, gets caught out of position all the time and generally looks like a headless chicken. Yes, he has a bit if ability technically but he needs to toughen up.

On a positive note, I bow to you again John McGinn - bloody tremendous son.

Typical us today .........fail to capitalise on our last decent result and perform poorly , applies to manager, team and the attitude of a few players is abysmal in the club just now.

Disappointing , but really folks, in all honesty, no surprise whatsoever, other than we didn't throw it completely at the end.

Dreadful tactical switch. Mair was out in second half warming up so he couldn't have been injured. Straight swap him for cheesy minimal disruption? No we move three players and it goes all wrong. Terrible management and it cost us the points no doubt. Listen we are we're we are we won't make top six never in a month of Sundays as we can't win the games we need too. We play well once in a while but really where are we going ? Are we winning most of our games at home are we drawing most away or even winning some? We're 8th and that's as good as it will get. The others will rack up three or four wins like motherwell have just done we can't do that and is being above a rank rotten hearts and county an achievement ? Not with players like Thompson, McGinn, McLean, McGowan, etc its not we should be winning more games.

Every c**t and there grannys can beat Hearts except us.Just new after last week we would f**k it up this week and so it came to pass.

I thought we beat then 2-0 at their ground, when they were on a run and we were playing shit?... up till then.

Get a feckin life mate.

Like has been said, lennons fault! worst changes ive seen. If mair was injured, why the f**k was he even on the bench? Id rather one of the U20s be on it than an injured player! Even at that, bring vanzy on at RB play Naismith at CB (both natural positions) and play on!

Weve always got some season status quo. losing late goals and this season its playing a blinder in the first and being pish in the second. Kello saved us yesterday, big time! His distribution can be awful at times though!