Lee Mair Signs For Partick Thistle

div

Good luck to Mair cheesy cud nay lace his boots!

I hear that we are in disarray players are pissed off and manager is get Bahoken shoved doon his throat.

Both Thistle and Ross County have momentum at the mo and made good signings.

Typical saints we are a n absolute shambles and Sadly we must be favourites for the play off spot

Don't worry, we still have a few weeks to offload a few more. Some are shouting for us to release others including Grainger. I thought we might strengthen during the break.

I liked Mairzo and think his best football was played under Danny, but too often he's come a cropper and had injury problems. Now's the time to let him go and good luck

The time to let him go was after we had a replacement in and after we played Thistle. Now is definitely not the time to let him go to our rivals.

The timing is questionable to say the least and the destination at best bizarre.

Can't help seeing a bit of a parallel with Goodwin and Hamilton a few years ago. He moves from Accies to the Buds and we survive as they go down. Time will tell.

Lee was always going to move on and I hope being at the Jags proves a catalyst for a move into coaching.

The worry must be Danny's ongoing difficulties in recruiting defenders of quality. As it stands, he's weakened an already frail defence. He needs to quickly turn things around or County and the Jags will carry the momentum following the transfer window.

Lastly, given his treatment by Danny this season, I think Lee has acted with great dignity. Never whinged, especially on Twitter, making it clear that he was always available for selection.

I wish Lee all the best. Personally I thought he should play most weeks as his distribution is the best of the usual suspects for central defence. He handles himself with dignity and seems a really decent bloke. Am sorry it didnt work out between him and Danny.

If we lose to Partick Thistle, there's going to be a lot more to it than simply Lee Mair turning out against us in red and yellow stripes. All due respect to Lee Mair, but his appearance in their ranks shouldn't be a game changer. Far from worrying about Mairzo in a Jags kit, we need to look at ourselves - most notably selection, formation, substitutions, attitude, workrate, and to some extent at least, this time, try to counteract the threat posed by Thistle's pace from the full-back areas.

Maybe Campbell on one wing and Wylde on the other will give them something to think about defensively, rather than have acres of wide open grass to bomb forward into.

Anyway, if the result hinges on Mairzo, boy, we're a club in trouble. Again, no disrespect intended.

Don't panic..................although sounds like it's too late. :1eye

There's no panic it's just f*ck*n plain common sense. You don't give your close rivals one of your players the week before you play them. I don't care what the result is next week this is a bad decision.

Lee , nice guy as he is , was never more than a squad player in my eyes , and I think some guys have forgotten about some of the nightmairs he had when he was making more appearances than he was this season. I hope he does play next week , as I'm sure we can exploit his weaknesses !

Lee , nice guy as he is , was never more than a squad player in my eyes , and I think some guys have forgotten about some of the nightmairs he had when he was making more appearances than he was this season. I hope he does play next week , as I'm sure we can exploit his weaknesses !

Stop press billyg agrees with Danny :shockaroony

But he could put in a good performance, like the Aberdeen game earlier in the season when he had something to prove, and he will have something to prove next week.

League Cup winning legend. Popped up with a last-gasp winner against Accies, or who knows what might have happened. I have no inside knowledge if Lee Mair was 'trouble' in the dressing room or not. I similarly have no knowledge about the truth behind Sir Alex of Ferguson's departure, nor do I now care about the manner of Ian Ferguson's departure to TCFKAR.

Point being - thanks to Lee Mair, like the others mentioned above, for the good times, for being part of the good times, for your contribution to the good times.

Fergie's Furies '77

Hampden '87

Hampden '13

Lee Mair played his part.

Now, gie's a signing.

Really hope the lesson of the close-season has been learned where we said good-bye to Parkin, Carey, Imrie, Guy... and got little into replace them other than some panic buys.

But were any of the released really missed?

Definitely one of the best 3 senior centre halves we had at the club.

Will remember him best for running onto the pitch from behind the goal after Newton's goal in the final.

Seemed like a top lad going by his Twitter.

Sincerely wish him the best for the future.

Wish him all the best and seems like a really good guy but just don't think we'll miss him on the pitch, as others have said he was never consistent enough and genuinely can't remember too many games he was outstanding in....probably in the minority here but prefer McAusland and McGregor as a pairing than Mair and McGregor

In saying that we do need a new partner for McGregor with McAusland as back up IMO! Here's hoping we have a signing in the pipeline...

Not too fussed if he plays next week either, he's quite slow and not the strongest so think we can exploit this.

Definitely one of the best 3 senior centre halves we had at the club.

Will remember him best for running onto the pitch from behind the goal after Newton's goal in the final.

Seemed like a top lad going by his Twitter.

Sincerely wish him the best for the future.

His reaction when holding the cup aloft was a memorable one. You could see what it meant to him.

Wish him the best for the future.

GIES A CENTRE HALF SIGNING!!!