Graham Carey

ds10

A break from all the rubbish in here for a great rumour........
Tommy's seen sense? Prodigal son returns?........

Another rumour is that Graham Carey will be returning to Paisley.

Graham Carey will be leaving Ross County.

"Graham Carey appears to have already left Ross County, after informing his friends that he would be leaving, whilst his girlfriend has also recently finished her job.

Carey will sign a two year contract at St. Mirren, according to several connected with the Paisley club."

ETA. Apologies in advance, just noticed already discussed on speculation thread......!

Edited by ds10

I was always a huge fan. Happy for him to come back. He's not as good as Kenny, but with him away, maybe GC could play KM's role?

That would be my thinking, also decent enough cover for Kelly at LB, but I can't see him taking Wylde's place at LM should he sign.

Not overly fussed if he comes back or not, however if he does come back he needs to be play most weeks otherwise it's pointless as by the time he gets himself in shape from a few weeks off he's of no benefit. Quite where he'd play I'm not sure either as Kelly and Wylde are better for our squad at both LB and LM, perhaps as suggested in that LCM role... but not convinced that he's mobile enough.

This would work, in a 4-3-3...

GK???

Naismith - Cheesy - McGregor - Kelly

McGinn - Goodwin - Carey

Teale - Thommo - Wylde.

Obviously, there is a lot of strengthening still to do. Aside from the keepers, I would want back up (or just replacements) for all the players in bold. I don't think Gowser or Harkins fit into that formation, but, as much as I like Gowser, I don't think it'd be the end of the world if he moved on anyway.

To me, Carey flatters to deceive. A great player on his day but does his day come around often enough to justify him playing every week and giving him a very decent wage? Capable of great delivery and outrageous shooting but not on a regular enough basis imo.

He took part in at least 2 of the 2.5 home games we played against County this season, and contributed next to nothing.

I honestly can't remember if he started in all 3 of the games, and that sums it up for me.

There's no doubt he's a good squad player. When you consider certain games this season when we weakened the central midfield because we had no-one else available to play on the left. If the figure quoted by TC is correct and there will be at least 8 additions , then I think Carey is a good start !

There's no doubt he's a good squad player. When you consider certain games this season when we weakened the central midfield because we had no-one else available to play on the left. If the figure quoted by TC is correct and there will be at least 8 additions , then I think Carey is a good start !

On there forum a lot of them seem upset at losing him and some saying he was there player of the season and most consistent performer.

Still I can't see him returning to Paisley though :(

I think this is key. We need a strong squad, not just a starting 11.

If Carey came in I wouldn't want to see him at left back, he's played well at Ross County because i think he's been more conformable in a midfield role. Was always better going forward than defending and his left peg scored a few important goals for us going forward. Would welcome him back if his fitness is sorted.

Would be a decent squad player but is that not why he left last season?

Was clearly unhappy at the club and struggled to stand out even in the under 20's team.

Didn't even notice him against us a few weeks ago and was subbed at half time.

Would get my backing if he signed but I think Wylde will be a huge player for us next season, can't see GC signing up to be a back up player again.

@bawarmy off to England last I heard

Story has been updated. So it looks like this may never get off the ground.

It would have been good to have him back, assuming McLean leaves we will be crying out for someone who can deliver quality balls into the box.

Why sign Carey if you are wanting quality balls into the box? 90% of his crosses, corners and free kicks in his last 2 seasons with us were honking. Poor work rate when you look at him over a season and not worth a wonder goal or two or season for being mediocre in nearly every game. He had about 1 great game / man of the match game in his final season with us.

Would be a decent squad player but is that not why he left last season?

Was clearly unhappy at the club and struggled to stand out even in the under 20's team.

Didn't even notice him against us a few weeks ago and was subbed at half time.

Would get my backing if he signed but I think Wylde will be a huge player for us next season, can't see GC signing up to be a back up player again.

Wylde will be a huge player for us next season, hummmmm ! Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint