Kenny Mclean Signs 2 Year Deal

What i don't get was our Chairman telling the media that Kenny would be better moving on than staying here in this stage of his career

I think he was afraid he would go to The New Club and cost the club 200k approx. He did also say that we had offered him the best contract the club possibly could.

Funny to think that not so long ago we got fairly regular posts saying Kenny was useless. Too slow. Lazy. Not interested. 'Get him aff for f**k's sake. Lennon!' How things change. Have the knockers all climbed back into their caves? Some of our fans can't tell the difference between a classy footballer and a whore in a Turkish bordello.

Agreed.

Tbf Kenny has improved as a player over the past season, where some of the criticism that he received was harsh I feel some was justified at times.

Different ball game now, he's improved immensely over that last 6 months and looks a cut above the rest. If he stays next season I hope he plays the McGowan role as i feel his goal tally will definitely improve.

What i don't get was our Chairman telling the media that Kenny would be better moving on than staying here in this stage of his career

Kenny was at the end of his contract and has probably related to the club that he fancies his chances down south.

So as not to make the lad feel so bad about leaving, the Chairman has told the media the fore mentioned statement, when of course he really wants to keep him.

There, does that clear it up. wink.png

Kenny was at the end of his contract and has probably related to the club that he fancies his chances down south.

So as not to make the lad feel so bad about leaving, the Chairman has told the media the fore mentioned statement, when of course he really wants to keep him.

There, does that clear it up. wink.png

If I'm not mistaken SG said in that interview that if Kenny wanted to stay then there would still be a place for him at St Mirren.

He is a tremendously gifted, accomplished footballer. We are fortunate to have had him at our club, and to witness some very special performancea from the lad. An outstanding talent.

If he stays, well....sorry, I need another change of clothing!

Is this the same player who was quite regularly and quite rightly slaughtered from the stands last season ? The same guy who might stay with us because hes had no acceptable offer from another club ?

Is this the same player who was quite regularly and quite rightly slaughtered from the stands last season ? The same guy who might stay with us because hes had no acceptable offer from another club ?

Regularly? Yes.

Rightly? No way unless you have the ability of a Sevco fan to spot and support talent.

I don't usually respond to trolls on a regular basis, but if you don't think that Kenny McLean is a class footballer, then your taking the piss in more ways than one.

Regularly? Yes.

Rightly? No way unless you have the ability of a Sevco fan to spot and support talent.

I am delighted that he might be staying but if he wants the move he craves he needs to be consistently excellent,the fact that no club were willing to pay the nominal fee to take him down south speaks volumes,hopefully their loss will be our gain in the coming season

I don't usually respond to trolls on a regular basis, but if you don't think that Kenny McLean is a class footballer, then your taking the piss in more ways than one.

Was he better or more effective than Goodwin last season ? There's your answer you deluded clown,now run along

Was he better or more effective than Goodwin last season ? There's your answer you deluded clown,now run along

When he came back into the team after injury at the latter part of the season, his form was exceptional. His contribution post split helped to keep us out of the play off spot.

If you can't recognise that then I'm afraid your the delusional clown.

When he came back into the team after injury at the latter part of the season, his form was exceptional. His contribution post split helped to keep us out of the play off spot.

If you can't recognise that then I'm afraid your the delusional clown.

Our avoidance of the play off spot was a collective team effort and you do his team mates a diservice.We agree he has undoubted talent but the brutal truth is there are talented youngsters from the spl being snapped up by english clubs for sizeable fees and thankfully Kenny isnt one of them.So stop boring me to death about how classy and outstanding he is and just be glad he is one of the better players in a poor SPL side

Regularly? Yes.

Nice post. I almost feel a smidgin of sympathy for some Sevco fans being compared to saint zero. At least sevco fans get behind their team and even say some nice things about it occasionally.

I am delighted that he might be staying but if he wants the move he craves he needs to be consistently excellent,the fact that no club were willing to pay the nominal fee to take him down south speaks volumes,hopefully their loss will be our gain in the coming season

Drivel.

It isn't even July, yet you seem to have convinced yourself that no club would pay the compensation to take Kenny on. There is every chance he could get a deal elsewhere.

For what it's worth, there were hints Kenny would stay well before this. (can't be arsed digging up my post on this pre-split)

He genuinely likes playing for St Mirren and realizes that regualar games will do more for his progression and profile than being a sub at Shef west palace or whatever.

He's a young boy and St Mirren will give him a good enough wage (it was good enough for Gowzer).

Plus he'll get win/goal/appearance bonuses.

From the club's point of view, we avoided relegation, have settled out managerial set up (for now), and have shifted loads of salaries of the books.

But most of all he wants to play for St Mirren.

For what it's worth, there were hints Kenny would stay well before this. (can't be arsed digging up my post on this pre-split)

He genuinely likes playing for St Mirren and realizes that regualar games will do more for his progression and profile than being a sub at Shef west palace or whatever.

He's a young boy and St Mirren will give him a good enough wage (it was good enough for Gowzer).

Plus he'll get win/goal/appearance bonuses.

From the club's point of view, we avoided relegation, have settled out managerial set up (for now), and have shifted loads of salaries of the books.

But most of all he wants to play for St Mirren.

He wont get much win bonus .

Its no surprise really you get the eejits on here suggesting Kenny McLean is anything but pure class...

I mean these are the same people who are convinced Sam '2 Goals' Parkin left a void in our goal scoring abilities.

They simply have no idea what a good football player is, so again its no surprise they can't see it.

The logic of the current transfer market baffles me at times but I reckon it's now unlikely that any club down south is going to fork out the compensation required for McLean this window. I welcome the opportunity to get another season or two from McLean.

Must be frustrating for "the lad" - hopefully he can get an injury free season at last and produce the sort of performances that we all know he's capable of.

The logic of the current transfer market baffles me at times but I reckon it's now unlikely that any club down south is going to fork out the compensation required for McLean this window. I welcome the opportunity to get another season or two from McLean.

Must be frustrating for "the lad" - hopefully he can get an injury free season at last and produce the sort of performances that we all know he's capable of.

Like you, it strikes me as odd. There must be quite a few Championship clubs in England who wouldn't miss a few hundred thousand. I accept a bit of sense is getting through but some still have cash to splash. It would be terrific if we do get another season out of him but if he has to go, I hope like hell it's not to a Scottish club.

If Kenny goes to a Scottish Club then a tribunal would set the compensation level that Saints would receive and I believe that process is completely finger in the air stuff.

If he goes down South then there is a set method for calculating the compensation and we would be due a decent amount.

I will firm that up with Brian, maybe once he has re-signed for us :-)

If Kenny goes to a Scottish Club then a tribunal would set the compensation level that Saints would receive and I believe that process is completely finger in the air stuff.

If he goes down South then there is a set method for calculating the compensation and we would be due a decent amount.

I will firm that up with Brian, maybe once he has re-signed for us :-)

Are you getting an update from Caldwell tomorrow mate?