Saints V Dundee 23Rd August.

Jimmy H

I was there this afternoon and I thought St Mirren played quite well again. They created plenty of opportunities but the finishing was pretty woeful. McLean, Drury and Naismith passed up the biggest of the sitters, Thompsons pass back to the Dundee goalkeeper was pretty woeful too but Ball has had a header from a set piece saved off the line. The thing is though if you're front men aren't scoring you need your defence to play well and make no mistakes and that didn't happen.

Now I know McAusland is an easy and cheap target but he's wearing the captains armband, the most experienced St Mirren Centre Half and he could't get him and Plummer to come out in a line never mind the whole back four - and you can only wonder why, on a long ball like the one that led to the Dundee goal with a number of Dundee men running onto the ball, why McAusland would have decided to step up anyway. The TV evidence may highlight different issues in the defence but that's how I saw it in live play sitting in the main stand immediately in line the the where the defensive line ended.

Our biggest problem is the lack of a screensaver for the new scoreboard, which is already suffering severe screen burn of the '0' variety.

In regard to any possible problems of a managerial nature rather than a burnt-out scoreboard, I'm giving him until Christmas betore forming an opinion. So far, Alex Neil and Paul Hartley have ripped him a new arse.

Yo, ho, fcuking ho. Merry Christmas.

Edited by pozbaird

Afraid it was oh so predictable today - pissed off with us getting beaten at home. Toothless up front and that Dundee defence will lose plenty of goals this season. Also we haven't addressed the central defence problems that have haunted us for past few years. Going to be a hard slog this year I think

Who are the better players?

Plummer for a start, I like the look of Marwood a pacey player who runs at a defence, the kind of player we haven't had in a long while... Osbourne on paper is a good signing... these players are all young and better than some of the players who went out the door from the Danny Lennon period.

Like it or lump it Tommy Craig has taken over and cleared a lot of the deadwood from the team... he has a decent looking youthful squad who need time to gel. As a club we were not happy with the team and attitude of the players when Lennon was in charge. Back the manager and the team, lets not knock them after three games... of which two of the performances were promising.

Is it just me that thinks teale should be playing ever week one if out best players yet can't get a game it's crazy

I got a feeling he's gaining experience or badges to take over as manager

Tommy Craig has a shocking record as manager and i don't think it will change

2 promising performances but no goals from them

Like it or lump it Tommy Craig has taken over and cleared a lot of the deadwood from the team... he has a decent looking youthful squad who need time to gel. .

Youthful? He has assembled a squad of children which is why they will struggle unless we bring in an experienced no nonsense centre half to displace Cheesy and help Goodwin in terms of leadership.

This squad has talent, but no experience, no bravery or guile. I'm very concerned that we will be bullied most weeks.

Not good enough and the manager needs to get his finger out his arse because if we reach a possible scarily of say played 5 lost 5 he will come under huge pressure .

Played superb against Motherwell on the opening day, numerous decent chances, prob should have had a couple at least, same again today, could easily have been 3 or 4 and Dundee couldn't have complained, Drury did ok on his debut with a bit more composure could have had 2, Wasn't at the Hamilton game so can't comment.Overall i'm obviously dissapointed with no points on the board yet but there's a lot of positives to be taken and hopefully the chances created will be turning to goals sooner rather than later. I'm certainly not going to be calling for the gaffer to be axed any time soon.

Youthful? He has assembled a squad of children which is why they will struggle unless we bring in an experienced no nonsense centre half to displace Cheesy and help Goodwin in terms of leadership.

This squad has talent, but no experience, no bravery or guile. I'm very concerned that we will be bullied most weeks.

Not good enough and the manager needs to get his finger out his arse because if we reach a possible scarily of say played 5 lost 5 he will come under huge pressure .

No experience?

Kello, Goodwin, McAusland, Tesselaar, McGinn, McLean, Thompson, Wylde. All played today. How many games have they played at this level? There is enough experience in that squad, we just need to get the ball in the net.

We should have comfortably beaten Motherwell and Dundee and have 6 points, instead we have 0 and two home defeats.

Well done Dundee. We can't score in a brothel right now. We were the better team but goals win games.

McGowan and Goodwin's banter was the only laugh I got from the game today.

That and the polite applause McGowan was getting as we thought he was being subbed quickly changing to boos for Harkins leaving, even McGowan had a chuckle to himself.

I can't properly comment as I haven't made any games since preseason, and it'll be a while before I make anymore, but people seem to be going overboard with describing us as playing 'superbly' in recent games.

We aren't scoring, we aren't playing well. I haven't seen anything about the opposition goalkeeper playing out his skin.

We have suffered a chronic lack of goals in the team for some time, with no one outwith Thompson really offering much. This doesn't appear to be addressed, even something like working on our absolutely terrible set-piece routines might actually yield a few more goals across the season.

Yes it's early days, yes I can't properly comment, but it seems much the same as it has been, and this season it might actually bite us on the arse.

Goodwin was excellent today and showed when he is on his game and cuts out all his nonsense he really is an asset to the team. He needs to do that more often as the team always plays better when is competing within the laws of the game. It was just a pity we didn't take the decent chances we created today as it would have been good to get our season up and running on a positive note with Goodwin playing well after the justifiable bad press thrown his way.

I like the look of ball who I fancy to get his goalscoring career at St Mirren up and running on Tuesday night. Great to see thomohawk back as he is just such a massive player for us but not quite at full fitness sadly. Looks like Marwood will take time to settle at this level while caldwell hasn't had much game time and Drury is just in the door.

It's not all doom and gloom but we need to start picking up some points and not end up 6 games or so into the season pointless as the first 3 games were a terrific opportunity to get a realky good start to the season. Like it or not the pressure will start to come for Tommy and he is long enough in the game to know that's part of the game.