John Mcginn

I'd focus more attention to a bad team performance. McGinn had a few touches of magic even last night. As said above it's difficult to be a world beater when the rest of the team aren't playing...

I accept there were a few mistakes but it speaks volumes for him if he has set the bar so high that that was his worst ever performance.

Exactly, even though he had a poor game by his standards he didn't let the head drop like Mclean and a couple others. Last ten minutes he came onto a game and had few quality dribbles down the left, set up Reilly for what should have been a goal.

Exactly, even though he had a poor game by his standards he didn't let the head drop like Mclean and a couple others. Last ten minutes he came onto a game and had few quality dribbles down the left, set up Reilly for what should have been a goal.

Yep was shocking that Reilly missed from the outside edge of the box with only the keeper and a few defenders to beat.

Yep was shocking that Reilly missed from the outside edge of the box with only the keeper and a few defenders to beat.

Reilly couldn't even get in the matchday squads at the end of last season (when we were picking up points).Now he is being brought on to try and save the game for us despite having signed Ball, Marwood and Caldwell this summer!

That really shows a worrying lack of depth elsewhere in the squad!

I realise I may have went slightly off topic...but it really is quite concerning.

Edited by NeilPar72

Reilly couldn't even get in the matchday squads at the end of last season (when we were picking up points).Now he is being brought on to try and save the game for us despite having signed Ball, Marwood and Caldwell this summer!

I realise I may have went slightly off topic...but it really is quite concerning.

Remember there was a different decision maker last season!

Tbh I think Reilly has potential in midfield but he is still a bit lightweight - as is brown which is one of the reasons I feel we got beat the other night.

He should have worked the keeper at least instead of the lazy swing he did

No surprise seeing our subs at half time,fecking about the pitch while the other teams do a couple of passing drills and sharp fitness to keep them focused on the game

absolutely , I've been banging on about it all summer and getting shot down for it. We are in big bother.

Oft dear be careful Billy you don't want to be accused of being a knicker wetter even though it's pretty obvious already what is going to happen this season.

Well come on. Tell us. If it's that obvious we'd all like to know. I take it you've got a big bet on already you're so sure?

I said last year the club was stagnating ,now we are in decline due to a lack of investment. Using mean giving the board money for their shares ,that goes into their pocket, but issuing new shares that means the money going into the club to invest in decent players,better scouting, increased hospitality, increasing revenue.

In the past we could have bought the full back Robertson for 60k , but we did not have the money!

SMISA and other shareholders have tried to invest this way but the board have knocked it back, we are now seeing the results of this, no real hope of reviving the club, and our best players deserting a sinking ship.

THE BOARD MUST ACCEPT INVESTMENT NOW

I said last year the club was stagnating ,now we are in decline due to a lack of investment. Using mean giving the board money for their shares ,that goes into their pocket, but issuing new shares that means the money going into the club to invest in decent players,better scouting, increased hospitality, increasing revenue.

In the past we could have bought the full back Robertson for 60k , but we did not have the money!

SMISA and other shareholders have tried to invest this way but the board have knocked it back, we are now seeing the results of this, no real hope of reviving the club, and our best players deserting a sinking ship.

Are the board turning down investment?

There's not exactly people queuing up at the door throwing money at us is there?

The facts are we are an established debt free top flight club who have recently won a trophy and have the 3rd best academy in Scotland. We also own our own brand new stadium.

We are the envy of many clubs our size.

Disappointing if true, but not surprising.

By signing an extenstion, he would be all but ensuring that the club will get more than a compensation pay-off when he does leave, so not to do so inevitably feels like a sore one when the club have invested a great deal in his development.

So it goes. No loyalty whatsoever in modern football, unfortunately.

On the flip side, perhaps the terms he was offered weren't in line with his expectations (or those of his parasitic agent!).

Disappointing if true, but not surprising.

By signing an extenstion, he would be all but ensuring that the club will get more than a compensation pay-off when he does leave, so not to do so inevitably feels like a sore one when the club have invested a great deal in his development.

So it goes. No loyalty whatsoever in modern football, unfortunately.

On the flip side, perhaps the terms he was offered weren't in line with his expectations (or those of his parasitic agent!).

Why cant we get the 'very young talent' on long term contacts is that not what Dundee Unt do ? It's very disappointing as it's the only area where we potentially could bring in good income.

If only you could sit on the board and have a proper insight to how hard it is to balance books at a club such as st Mirren. You should get Allan Sugars book out at the library if only to read his time at Spurs.

The board would give their right arm for investment and of course they more than appreciate such groups as SMISA.

edit to add

We the fans could play a big part. If each fan could bring along one mate our gates would rise along with our income but I know this is not easy.

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

If he leaves we will be due a large development fee, larger than we would have been due for Kenny.

John's been at the club since he was 8 years old or something silly.

There's a sliding age scale in terms of what we stand to get, is there not?