St Mirren V Dundee United Spfl Premiership 30/8/14

shull

Agreed.

At least with Danny, the BoD were being slightly adventurous, if typically cheap, but, as someone else has said, this was a lazy, disinterested appointment, and it felt like we were being taken as mugs. It feels even more like that now.

I refuse to accept that Hamilton have a better squad than we do, yet they are off to a flyer. There is something rotten at the core of the club, and I reckon the stink is emanating from the boardroom. They have chucked it, to all intents and purposes.

I wonder how much the club will be worth next year if we

drop down a league

The most frustrating aspect of today's game was our inability to hit the ball low and not over the bar. Ever since the season started how many free kicks have we had without any on target? Teale and Goodwin will have to start earning their way as coaches by getting the players to hit the ball correctly - basic stuff! MacLean disappointingly, the worst offender.

I'm really pessimistic about the future as there appears no hint whatsoever, of any progression. As many on here have highlighted, the club have gone for the cheaper option and the age old problem of a center-half STILL remains an illusive ambition. We all were optimistic with the signings at the start of the season, and rightly and understandably so but it not working and action needs to be taken.

The worst part about today (and last week, and the week before ...) is the way we absolutely chucked it as soon as we went behind. It was immediately accepted among all the players that the game was gone and we completely fell apart. This despite the fact that there really wasn't all that much between the teams up until that point. Never happened under the last 2 managers.

Also, the guys on Radio Scotland just now are talking about St Mirren and the idea of us playing good football versus winning football and if we should start playing uglier. Does anyone really believe that St Mirren still play good football? Does anyone think we played good football today? The idea of us losing games because we're playing pretty football but not scoring is a complete myth.

We unravelled after their first goal. Totally devoid of belief and conviction. Culpability lies at the manager's door. United weren't that good, but were clinical when they had to be.

Sadly, I reckon that's me done for a while. We have been short-changed once too often, and blind loyalty only goes so far. I am absolutely sick of feeling this way, so won't subject myself to it again until there is genuine change at the club. Poor supporter? Perhaps, but I have better things to spend my time and money on.

Hopefully the Board will take note of posts like this. There are probably a lot of fans who feel the same way, and in the end that will cost the club revenue.

Hopefully the Board will take note of posts like this. There are probably a lot of fans who feel the same way, and in the end that will cost the club revenue.

Does anyone on board or the management actually care enough to even read the posts on here let alone pay heed to the views expressed by the fans?

They fail to do so at their own peril!

We don't actually have a bad squad.

We just need manager capable of getting to play well together. Sacking him now would be the best long term option for the club.

I completely agree, however TC could still get it right. The worry was why did we take Isaac off this basically resulted in a loss of midfield and a total and utter collapse?

1 shot on target , 13 shots in total (including one which ended up in the Family stand car park !)

These are professional football players who ,i assume practice these things on a daily basis . Not good enough.

Add this to a midfield who insist in passing to the opposition or into no mans land plus a defence which simply is not good enough for this level of football and its already looking like a very long bleak season.

If anyone has a burning desire to read my thoughts on today's game please go to the Dundee game thread as I posted on there in error.

There has been some talk about the atmosphere at our home games since the start of the season, I may just have figured it out, to me it feels like TC is the caretaker manager who has stepped up to steady the ship before the new manager is appointed, however that's not the reality, the reality is its déjà vu

Remember Tom Hendrie and john coughlin ?

It's still August and we are 12 (yes TWELVE) points behind Hamilton Accies, totally unacceptable IMHO

Correct.

Do they have a significantly better squad than St Mirren?

No, they don't, which is why our coaching staff have to carry the can for this shambles, though ultimately it is down to the Board.

Absolutely grim.

Main points from today's game:

Osborne looks like a good defensive midfielder, broke up lots of utd play in the first half, can only imagine he was substituted to change to a more offensive game plan after going 2 down.

Mclean was out of sorts today, in fact has been since start of the season, however you cant keep quality down and he will come good.

McGinn , tesselaar , ball, all gets pass marks.

I also think this whole scenario of having teale & Goodwin as coaches is not going to work, we need or best team on the park from the start of every game,

It's criminal to have two players with there experience not starting every week.

If anyone has a burning desire to read my thoughts on today's game please go to the Dundee game thread as I posted on there in error.

There has been some talk about the atmosphere at our home games since the start of the season, I may just have figured it out, to me it feels like TC is the caretaker manager who has stepped up to steady the ship before the new manager is appointed, however that's not the reality, the reality is its déjà vu

Remember Tom Hendrie and john coughlin ?

See above.

My good deed for the day.

Jeeez! Fairly bleak reading and whilst I wasn't there today I get the feeling that we may need to follow Roy mcgregor and take some action early,

Until today I've been in the 'don't panic we have been playing well' but not a single goal and already well adrift at the bottom.

But reality is the board will be stubborn as ever and hang on until it's impossible not to act

Deja Vu today , going back forty years to the end of Willie Cunningham , we had the players then too but had the wrong manager and the BOD knew it . A quick change has to be made before it's too late !

Not quite Billy, we were in the 2nd division then and losing 5-0 at home to Queen Of The South,

But I get the gist.

If only there was a young Alex Ferguson kicking about.....

Edited by bingboy

Problems all over the place, where the hell do you start to sort out this mess.

I would suggest it is time to give Ridgers a game because Kello has been rancid lately. First goal today (not his fault he was left one-on-one), but he dived too early allowing Erskine to score in the middle of the goal. Second goal, a fresh air punch at a corner, 100% his fault. He hasn't looked half the keeper he was last season.

Last season's crap start was transformed when we changed keepers, Dilo made the difference. A good place to start this season's revival IMO.

Alex Neil would do.

Hmm he's not quite the same.

You have to wonder if he would come to Saints given the current league positions of Saints and Accies.

It's not as if we'd be offering him a chunky budget to work with and if we go down there will be even more cost cutting.

Edited by bingboy