Transfer News

It's in all the papers there back in for him today.

I didn't mention who was talking about it.

If it's a totally made up story by Hamilton good on them.

When we have people saying we should bite someone's had of for 250k for our top scorer and only hope of staying up

The papers take info from so many sources with so many reasons for getting the story in there. Heck, I even sold the Daily Record a story that we were in for Brian Kilcline.

I'd much rather sign 2 quality players than adopt County's scattergun approach, signing a number of poor quality signings. All that leads to is a big squad but a lack of continuity. Their new signing has a better pedigree than some they have signed, but I believe he is another on a very short term contract, which cant do much for team spirit.

So far we've signed only one quality (?) player - Arquin - surplus to requirements at Ross County!

This window isn't going very well, we needed a CB and another striker in by now. Know money is tight but we've let players move on and haven't replaced them. The squad was thin enough before the window, it's bare bones each week now.

Need to show some ambition if we want to survive

downsizing for next season same business plan the board have done the last five years clubs been up for sale ,

would like to know how many full time players we are allowing the manager to bring in , this transfer window

always less than we release and quality of player and squad suffers

but we are expected to pay same amount to watch this

Perhaps Mr Gilmour would care to contribute to our debate.I know that I an totally fed up with the non action from St Mirren Park.Our instant requirements are the appointment of an experienced Manager along with minimum three experienced players.The apathy surrounding my beloved Football Club is sickening.

Perhaps Mr Gilmour would care to contribute to our debate.I know that I an totally fed up with the non action from St Mirren Park.Our instant requirements are the appointment of an experienced Manager along with minimum three experienced players.The apathy surrounding my beloved Football Club is sickening.

Gilmour isn't remotely interested in what you, me, or any other St Mirren supporter thinks unless we were to roll up at the front doors of St Mirren Park with a duffel bag full of crisp bank notes of large denomination.

They can't get out the door quickly enough, and communication with the club's support would be a mere distraction.

Only thing to expect from the board this transfer window is for them to sell Kenny McLean on the last day of window and then tell the fans that they tried to replace him using some of the money it brought in but they just couldn't get things done on time

Edited by bud84

that has been my thoughts for a long time, but may i ask, do board members get a wage? and if so im not surprised they haven't budged for so long, i think in hindsight yes they have done a good job keeping us afloat and kept us alive so to speak but in real honesty my opinion has always been the same about mr Gilmour

and will NEVER change.

no investment, lack of quality in scouting

we have needed manager for long time who could find a player or 2

and now as they want to sell u can be sure there wont be much happenings down our way before the window shuts

i actually feel for teale his hands are tied even though the players seem to be playing for him

mabe its just our time to go down

as for the standart of the decisions that have went against us this season its been shocking but the tale of the tape doesn't lie no wins at home this season is relegation fodder

in mho the partick game is huge and i for one wont be in my home with feet up i will be there, they need us

This window isn't going very well, we needed a CB and another striker in by now. Know money is tight but we've let players move on and haven't replaced them. The squad was thin enough before the window, it's bare bones each week now.

Need to show some ambition if we want to survive

I don't think the board really give a shit about survival. Just us fans. The running of our club since winning the League Cup in 2013 has been abysmal. It should've been the trigger to move onto bigger & better things. Instead, we've been allowed to slowly fester, getting weaker and more cheaply run as each month passes.

Such a missed opportunity, and one that won't come back for years I fear. I can see a lengthy period outside the top league(s). Shame on those who've allowed this to happen to our club.

I don't think the board really give a shit about survival. Just us fans. The running of our club since winning the League Cup in 2013 has been abysmal. It should've been the trigger to move onto bigger & better things. Instead, we've been allowed to slowly fester, getting weaker and more cheaply run as each month passes.

Such a missed opportunity, and one that won't come back for years I fear. I can see a lengthy period outside the top league(s). Shame on those who've allowed this to happen to our club.

Naaaaah......

The people running St Mirren ARE. Fans.

They were the fans who stepped up and saved St Mirren when it was halfway down the pan.

They've served their sentence. They've wanted out for a while.

None of us normal fans have done enough to take over..

(In two organisations in my past, I reached the point where I was f**ked and bored with something I once loved. I advertised that fact. Others came in and took over instead of just having broken pieces to pick up. The organisations and I were lucky/blessed. It's Buddies in general who have "been abysmal": it was our job as a community to take up the challenge.)

Though I would like SG to get it sorted. Meanwhile...

Naaaaah......

The people running St Mirren ARE. Fans.

They were the fans who stepped up and saved St Mirren when it was halfway down the pan.

They've served their sentence. They've wanted out for a while.

None of us normal fans have done enough to take over..

(In two organisations in my past, I reached the point where I was f**ked and bored with something I once loved. I advertised that fact. Others came in and took over instead of just having broken pieces to pick up. The organisations and I were lucky/blessed. It's Buddies in general who have "been abysmal": it was our job as a community to take up the challenge.)

Though I would like SG to get it sorted. Meanwhile...

Not really disputing any of that, but it's quite a different point to the one I was making.

Not really disputing any of that, but it's quite a different point to the one I was making.

Then you've not made your point clear....

The board ARE fans and thus they do care.

If there's a missed opportunity, aye, but then it's been missed by US fans.

What am I missing...? :unsure:

If we really only sign one more player we would be as well chucking it. Our bench is non existent we have no back up at all. How can this be how can we barely field a team at times and how are all other premier league clubs able to have better depth

Being relegated will be good for Saints. We will stay there the best part of a decade. In fact we will probably get relegated the following year also as owners living half way round the world won't give a toss. When we eventually come back it will put a spring back in the fans foot. Our club is rotten to the core just now it needs reinventing , going down will help this. Being in the top league has been utter shit in the most part.

It's in all the papers there back in for him today.

I didn't mention who was talking about it.

If it's a totally made up story by Hamilton good on them.

When we have people saying we should bite someone's had of for 250k for our top scorer and only hope of staying up

The papers seem to suggest he is going down to sign a pre-contract at West Ham and will finish this season at Hamilton before leaving for a small compensation fee instead of the £2m Accies claim they were offered.

Bugger off on holiday two weeks ago. No manager, no real squad transition and club not sold.

Two weeks later. 1 from 6 at home, one striker in, no full time manager and club not sold.

It's really difficult to find the enthusiasm to go watch the team. If it wasn't for the fact it's a good excuse to catch up with my old man then we probably would have passed on our season tickets.

P.s. Just flicked on Fox Sports out here to see them talking about Aaron Mooy and showing a peach of a free kick.

Wee fud.

Edited by aldo_j