Arquin

Agreed Kemp. Here's some of my favourites...

Oops :lol:

Oops nothing of the sort. I thought it was a red card and I still think it was a red card. The appeal makes no difference to that. Football decisions have been debated for decades and there are always different conclusions drawn.

For example, I'm sure I could trawl through your posts to find you singing the praises of Tommy Craig, Ross Caldwell and Callum Ball which turned out to be wrong. Oops.

Oops nothing of the sort. I thought it was a red card and I still think it was a red card. The appeal makes no difference to that. Football decisions have been debated for decades and there are always different conclusions drawn.

For example, I'm sure I could trawl through your posts to find you singing the praises of Tommy Craig, Ross Caldwell and Callum Ball which turned out to be wrong. Oops.

I'm sorry but if you still think that's a red card you simply don't understand the rules of the football. For it to be overturned it has to be a clear error, and this was and it was correctly overturned. If it was debatable they would have sided with the official.

I don't think I ever 'sang the praises' of any of those players or manager. Feel free to prove me wrong though :)

Don't wish to encourage anyone to listen to Sportsound but Stewart is on tonight to respond to Goody's comments, and that fanny Derek Adams will also be in the studio!

Should be interesting to hear their comments after the Red has been downgraded.....Much like what has happened to Adams and Stewart in their Careers lol.gif

Was never a red card but I didn't think we'd get it. Astonishing that we need to pay 1000 pounds to be proved correct. officials fees should be used to cover it should the appeal be proved correct.

on another note, based on last night I reckon arquin will be a good signing regardless of what he scores. Granted you want strikers scoring but he took the focus off Kenny by their defence and gives then something else to think about. Seemed a good out ball as well when he was onside.

While we have a bit of wind in our sails for once and a manager willing to fight our corner would be good if Teale was to come out and ask for refs to show a bit more caution when considering whipping out a red card against ANY team in the league.

These stupid reds are ruining games and will turn some against paying their admission fee.

While we have a bit of wind in our sails for once and a manager willing to fight our corner would be good if Teale was to come out and ask for refs to show a bit more caution when considering whipping out a red card against ANY team in the league.

These stupid reds are ruining games and will turn some against paying their admission fee.

Reds, Refs or both ?

To be fair to the refs they have a tough job and have obviously been told to come down hard on the likes of Thompson's challenge against Motherwell. Why a wee highland 4th official was giving out a red card in Dingwall though I have no idea.

Prefer we fought our own corner.

Superb stuff and vindication for the fans who stuck to their guns even after The Sportscene 'experts' gave their view.

Let's hope refs stop sending our players off incorrectly from now on. That's two in a row, and I think we would have won Thommo's appeal had he not been injured.

It's shocking the amount of bad decisions we've had against us this season.

I thought Thommo's was a red though

My gripe was the Motherwell boy should have walked too

My faith in the SFA has a wee bit restored not much though

Now what to do about that bug eyed clown at the BBC

post-6073-0-96611200-1421950120_thumb.jp

Now what to do about that bug eyed clown at the BBC

C'mon now Windae Cleaner.....No need to be polite or PC with us Forumsters, we all know how to take care of unwanted Bugs.

Now what to do about that smug, bug eyed clown at the BBC

FIFY

Michael Stewart assaulted Shuggie in an off the ball incident whilst the players were making there way up the park for a corner . If I remember correctly , it was the 4th official that saw it and not the ref , but Stewart got a straight red anyway (as he often did ). Ever since then I thought the guy was a cunt. .

Back on topic , the Toss Cunty player that charged into Arquin , should also get a card for dangerous conduct and malicious intent as he forced Arquin off the field of play . .

You can just imagine the team brief , McIntyre " Right guys , this is a vital game for us today , a six pointer . Now Saint Mirren will probably field our old friend Arquin today , and we know how the boy can get a bit riled , so noise him up , antagonise him a bit , after aw , it is a six pointer and if Saints go down to 10 men it gives us a chance to beat them . Right let's get out there. ."

I didn't watch Sportscene on Sunday but Michael Stewart is on Sportsound tonight. Perhaps someone who heard what he said could get them to ask if he still believes it was a red card?

To be fair to MS, he was asked that very question and said it was his opinion at the time that it was a red card and that everyone is entitled to an opinion! Derek Adams went up in my estimation (just a little) as he had a go at both MS and Tom English.

To be fair to MS, he was asked that very question and said it was his opinion at the time that it was a red card and that everyone is entitled to an opinion! Derek Adams went up in my estimation (just a little) as he had a go at both MS and Tom English.

Derek Adams seemed aw'right.... when County were having a good season. Then, when it started going badly for them, he turned into a scowling-faced wee scrote who needed a smack in the pus.....

IMHO. He added. holiday.gif

Edited by pozbaird

More on this in the press and on twitter today , seems it was reduced to a yellow because of a "technicality" , which was a mistake in the refs report.

Gerry McCulloch @gerrymcculloch1 11m11 minutes ago wrong charge by ref. Ball had gone over line but he hadn't blown whistle therefore not 'violent conduct'

Edited by billyg

More on this in the press and on twitter today , seems it was reduced to a yellow because of a "technicality" , which was a mistake in the refs report.

Gerry McCulloch ‏@gerrymcculloch1 11m11 minutes ago wrong charge by ref. Ball had gone over line but he hadn't blown whistle therefore not 'violent conduct'

Red card to the ref.

Gerry McCulloch @gerrymcculloch1 11m11 minutes ago wrong charge by ref. Ball had gone over line but he hadn't blown whistle therefore not 'violent conduct'

Smacks of saving face. The ref was signalling for a throw in.