St Mirren V Ict Premiership 14/2/15

shull

FFS calm doon, we lost to ICT.

We have big games ahead all still to play fo.

TC and most of his duds are away get behind Gary and the team. We can do this.

exactly. i would be the first to admit that the board this the team that but not now, we are were we are and just have to roll our sleeves up.

inverness were no mugs

did we really think we were gonna beat them?

our fate will be decided when we play well and county back to back 2 HUGE cup finals.

we have came through worse.... remember up at motherwell....?

Edited by jama

Inverness Caledonian Thistle were absolutely streets ahead of us.

I dinnae understand why this is.

Today, it looked like Premiership Caley against League 2 St Mirren.

We were very very bad.

Still time to turn everything round.

No need to join the long queue at the Erskine Bridge.

Inverness Caledonian Thistle were absolutely streets ahead of us.

I dinnae understand why this is.

Today, it looked like Premiership Caley against League 2 St Mirren.

We were very very bad.

Still time to turn everything round.

No need to join the long queue at the Erskine Bridge.

You don't understand why it is? ICT have signed better players, appointed a better manager (no joke figure now, eh?), are better organised, are better tactically, and certainly looked both physically and mentally stronger. I also think this ICT team were not only missing Billy McKay, but also Dean Brill, Aaron Doran and Richie Foran.

They ripped the pish out of us, but then again, so did Alex Neil's Accies, Paul Hartley's Dundee....

It is the manner in which we lost. I also disagree that most of the duds have gone

i think gary got it wrong today

i think st.Mirren as a club and a group always get it right when we have to

and by god we HAVE to get it right in the next 3 games

im looking for 6 points from 9

coys

I've been saying for weeks that Teale isn't the answer and today proved it.

Sick of saying it but that was a gutless, heartless performance. We made ICT look like the Dutch team of the late 70s. No fight, no one willing to put in a stern challenge and clueless in front of goal. Men v boys.

As said before (I stick by this), there are only 3/4 players who I think are good enough: Naismith, McGinn (although not currently), Mallan and Thommo. The rest can, I repeat, f**k right off.

Clear out and a boot up the arse needed.

This complete f**kup of a season has totally drained John McGinn of all his confidence..

He's a pale shadow of the player who bullied the best in the country when he first broke

in to the team, at times today he looked completely lost, and a nervous wreck whenever

the ball came near him.

Maybe it would be best for John if he sat out the next few games he's clearly struggling

big time, we all know there's a great player in there so maybe a spell out the team will do

him the world of good....

Thompson needs to hang up the boots, he's absolutely finished and offers nothing upfront now, he's a legend but it's time to chuck it. The whole team was garbage today, the only positives were Dayton and Snoop dog when he came on, McGinn was chasing shadows in the middle of the park, he was like a lost puppy, he needs benched.

The least said about the defence the better, absolutely astounded we didn't sign any defenders during that transfer window, very odd.

It's going to be a lottery whether we stay up or not.

Thompson needs to hang up the boots, he's absolutely finished and offers nothing upfront now, he's a legend but it's time to chuck it. The whole team was garbage today, the only positives were Dayton and Snoop dog when he came on, McGinn was chasing shadows in the middle of the park, he was like a lost puppy, he needs benched.

The least said about the defence the better, absolutely astounded we didn't sign any defenders during that transfer window, very odd.

It's going to be a lottery whether we stay up or not.

I felt sorry for Snoopy. He's standing on the touchline about to come on with the score 0-1, then we part like the red sea and they roll it home for 0-2. Kid comes on just as we implode and heads go down. He never stood a chance.

I'm hoping we bring in at least 1 defender before the next game. Although Naismith has been fine going forward he leaves so much room for opponents to cross and pass into the box that it must cost us at least a goal every other game if not more. I don't know how our management team can see the team lose goals the same way week in and week out since the season began and not at least try changing personnel in defence or tactics or formation, and when we do change things defensively it is Tesselaar our most consistent defender who gets dropped!

I also feel Thommo is on the list on players who should be fighting for his future at the club (and fighting for the club's future!). I accept he has had injury problems all season and needs game time to get his match fitness back but whether he deserves to go straight into the starting XI every time he declares himself fit remains to be seen. He looked out of things against Partick and the same today a few weeks on from that game and it is not unreasonable to ask if he is finished at this level due to injuries at this stage in his career.

Another terrible journey back to Livingston.We were really shocking today I said at the start two up front would leave us exposed in midfield and so it proved.Sadly Teale got the team formation wrong from the outset.Thompson to me looks finished sad to say and should have been taken off early.Basically we had two centre forwards chasing the same ball.Cheesy was shaky in the first half and constantly exposed with the ball over the top.Why Tess did not start baffles me and what happened to Sadlier.What an utter shite of a season.Gary has much to learn and I would like to see an experienced guy appointed to assist him.Can The Board not see that or do they really care any longer.

Regarding Thommocloud9.gif, we all .said that when he came back he shouldn't be asked to do the full 90 minutes. I thought with our January signings we would be going with a big guy Thommocloud9.gif/Arquin and a quick guy Sadler/Sonupe.

But here we are overworking him because of the deficiencies in our squad - the only surprise is that there's no charity adverts on the TV on the issue.

Happily I could not be at the game today but by all accounts the defence were again not up to the task. This has been the case not just this season but for at least two or three seasons before. The fans on here are totally in agreement about this failing, but Danny Lennon. Tommy Craig and now Gary Teale have simply failed to acknowledge what is apparent to everyone else.

The question has got to be asked WHY ?

And this is a question which has not received an answer in all this time.

FFS calm doon, we lost to ICT.

We have big games ahead all still to play fo.

TC and most of his duds are away get behind Gary and the team. We can do this.

all very well and all of us here support the team. It's the manner in which ICT played us off the park they we on a whole different level to us. If this is it then we are going down no question about it.

Happily I could not be at the game today but by all accounts the defence were again not up to the task. This has been the case not just this season but for at least two or three seasons before. The fans on here are totally in agreement about this failing, but Danny Lennon. Tommy Craig and now Gary Teale have simply failed to acknowledge what is apparent to everyone else.

The question has got to be asked WHY ?

And this is a question which has not received an answer in all this time.

Wish to f**k I could say the same thing, I travelled over 200 miles home to watch that pish and

passed up the chance of earning some right decent dough.. I must be aff my f**king heid...bangin.gif

The alarming thing about today was the manner of the defeat ...... that was an absolute doing and we were second best all over the park. Can't really say it was just a bad day at the office as we haven't won a home game all season in what is a poor league. I need to see that second goal again as in real time I couldn't believe what I was watching - something straight from the Racecourse on a Sunday morning !

That performance today was a throwback to the Coughlin era. Absolute utter shambles. How we didn't lose by five or six was a minor miracle. ICT ripped us a complete new one and easy to see why they are up there with Celtic and Aberdeen. We were hopeless in midfield and Watkins completely bullied our two centre backs all day long.

I say this with a great deal of sadness but I do feel big Thommo is done now. Finished. He looks a complete shadow of himself and given his age and the injuries suffered there's no way he'll get back to producing the performances he was capable. Hope to f**k I am proven wrong on this but honestly cannot see it.

I would also say that Teale is guilty of the continuation of the trend set by the previous two managers of failing to spot the weakness at centre back level. For my money, we have not had a commanding centre half since Scott Cuthbert.

With County winning all in all an utterly shite day. You could argue that at least we have the comfort of County, Motherwell and Thistle being just as bad as us, but we really need to look at our own problems, and quickly, before it is too late.

The consequences of McLean's departure was there gor all to see today. In a team with only three or four genuinely quality players, giving one away for virtually nought is criminal.

As I posted the earlier, we lost 19 games this season with McLean in the team. Losing today had nothing to do with him not playing.

all very well and all of us here support the team. It's the manner in which ICT played us off the park they we on a whole different level to us. If this is it then we are going down no question about it.

Inverness had drawn 1 league game and won 5 since the start of January and beat Thistle in the cup as well. In their last 8 games against SPL opponents they have won 7 and drawn 1, it is hardly a surprise they beat us today or played us off the park. Teale was guilty of being naive and wanting a first home win and starting with 2 strikers. It didn't work and he changed things at half time and we remained in with a chance of taking something from the game up until the final whistle.