St Mirren V Hamilton Accies 28/02/15

This is likely to be a very physical encounter which is a worry with such a lightweight midfield. Osbourne looks like can mix it but ends up injured. John McGinn can hold his own but that seems to be about it. Not confident about this one at all.

He looks like he can mix it, but has the shortest fuse of any big man EVER. Case in point being his reaction at Partick and Dundee when things got a bit tasty.

Hamilton's last six games record is won nil, drawn 2 and lost 4 - total goals for 1 and goals against -15.

They have lost their manager and main goalscorer so surely tae f*ck we can beat them at home ? That said I'm not in the least confident about us getting a result. Feels as though the loss of McLean has knocked the stuffing right out of us and it's hard to see us turning it round based on the past couple of performances.

Hope I'm wrong and we pull something out of the hat ..... another "must win" game and we've not exactly been too good at them this season unsure.png

For me we need the full-backs to play as full-backs and not wingers and some protection for the central defence (aka a sieve). I would play

Kello

Naismith McAusland Tess Kelly

Goody Ozzy

Mallan Gow McGinn

Arquin

And tell the midfield three and Arquin to run their f**kin guts out and replace some of them later on with Sonupe, Thommo, and Sadlier (assuming he exists).

I'm hoping Teale has kept Sadlier under wraps as he felt the lad wouldn't have an impact on the games against the two high flyers and is set to unleash him v Accies along with giving Snoopy a starting berth.

With that in mind I don't have a clue how we'll fair against a fast declining Hamilton.

Under wraps? He played against Accies under 20s last week , he was rotten and we got humped !

Under wraps? He played against Accies under 20s last week , he was rotten and we got humped !

I wouldn't take that as an indication. I think I'll wait for the "real" thing to judge the lads ability. You may prove justified in your condemnation but we have had WH fans saying differently.

Sadlier exists Sonny, we saw glimpses of his undeniable ability at the NYCFC game - no Dayton in your lineup?

To be honest I had forgotten all about Dayton - he obviously has made a great impression on me! However on reflection I may give him a start ahead of Mallan as I think he needs a rest. But we need guts and running on Saturday so Mallan would appear at some point in the game.

(Note the Sadlier comment was tongue in cheek as I am mystified why we signed him when we are in such a desperate situation but he isn't getting a sniff. If he isn't fit we should not have signed him. If he is shit we should not have signed him. However against NYC he looked far better even in 10 mins than the likes of Wylde, Reilly etc. Only Gary knows the reason and no-one from St Mirren is communicating with the fans so it will remain a mystery).

To be honest I had forgotten all about Dayton - he obviously has made a great impression on me! However on reflection I may give him a start ahead of Mallan as I think he needs a rest. But we need guts and running on Saturday so Mallan would appear at some point in the game.

(Note the Sadlier comment was tongue in cheek as I am mystified why we signed him when we are in such a desperate situation but he isn't getting a sniff. If he isn't fit we should not have signed him. If he is shit we should not have signed him. However against NYC he looked far better even in 10 mins than the likes of Wylde, Reilly etc. Only Gary knows the reason and no-one from St Mirren is communicating with the fans so it will remain a mystery).

By all accounts both him and the Spurs lad are far better players than any of our youngsters, but are not Longwell boys who are getting preference.

Lets face it, Gary Teales signings are much like Craigs. Rubbish.

Ffs, you judge that statement on what evidence? At least wait until they actually get some game time mate. There is a lot wrong at our club with deafening silence from anyone at the club well up there. GT was the wrong appointment IMHO but we are where we are and that is a right mess. As for why new players are not playing, that can only be answered by GT. BTW, whatever happens this season, I doubt the current management team will be in charge.

I'm another who'd like to see Kello back in the team.

Sure he was pish earlier on in the season, but at least he was good at one time so there's a chance of him getting back to that level.

Ridgers has been mostly rubbish. He's not commanding at all & never comes off his line. He did make a good save against Ross County once, though.

I'm another who'd like to see Kello back in the team.

Sure he was pish earlier on in the season, but at least he was good at one time so there's a chance of him getting back to that level.

Ridgers has been mostly rubbish. He's not commanding at all & never comes off his line. He did make a good save against Ross County once, though.

for me he's still better than kello...just saying

Team for Saturday would be for me

Kello

Naismith goody Bulgarian tess

Osbourne McGinn

Snoopy Sadlier Dayton

Arquin

Mykey will post it on Friday.

and sorry JJ but it won't include Goody on the right hand side of a defence, his positional sense isn't the best and would be worse if out of his natural position. If we've signed a left sided centre half it will be to play alongside, and not instead of Cheesy.

Looking at the upcoming fixtures for the 3 teams at the bottom, I would say this is a must must win at all cost sort of game. Both Well and County play again before we go to Killie so we need to win to make sure we don't prop up the table. Surely at some point the boys will click and we will get a great result and performance, by god I hope it's this week.

Hamilton are on a bad run so we need to get at them and get in front. With the new CB hopefully fully fit, I think the boys might just get a lift from that. Time for the team to show we deserve to be in this division

Accies are in rotten form but at the end of the day they are a decent side who will cause us problems.

They have lost Alex Neil, Andreu and Antoine-Curier since we last played them so they are definitely weaker but the likes of Hasselbaink and Crawford will definitely give us headaches.

We have to be right up for it from the off, and cut out the suicidal mistakes we have been making.