John Mcginn Sues Saints

Given that the incident happened at least a good 5 or 6 weeks ago, the player, his agent and legal advisers haven't been in a rush to bring, what looks like, a fairly straight forward claim against the club. If it's a clear cut case, and one that's usually dealt with in a routine and matter of fact way, why wait until now to raise it?

I know sod all about the legal side, and there are plenty on here who do. He's obviously perfectly within his rights to raise an action but, in football terms, the timing of this claim is confusing.

Given that the incident happened at least a good 5 or 6 weeks ago, the player, his agent and legal advisers haven't been in a rush to bring, what looks like, a fairly straight forward claim against the club. If it's a clear cut case, and one that's usually dealt with in a routine and matter of fact way, why wait until now to raise it?

I know sod all about the legal side, and there are plenty on here who do. He's obviously perfectly within his rights to raise an action but, in football terms, the timing of this claim is confusing.

He was i guess probably waiting to see if the club would make good themselves or through their insurers, and we all know how reticent they are to spend money on anything but dud managers & players.

Or......!

Thommo recruited big Higdon to stand guard outside the chairmans office with a spear gun! McGinn and his agent have only just managed to lure him away with a trail of raw steak to make good their claim.

This is actually quite swift for a compensation claim. One our contractors suffered a de-gloving injury a full 22 months ago and I only recieved the request for information at the end of April.

Incidentally, what the Sun has reported as "legal action" will most likely be a letter from McGinn's solicitor requesting specific information that will allow them to assess if a claim is appropriate. I suspect that as a professional footballer he was steered by his agent towards having a medical expenses or accident policy that paid out in the event of his injury and that this could just as much be about the insurers trying to recoup some of their outlay than it is about McGinn "sueing" the club.

isn't it ironic? so many saints fans laugh at the old firm supporters because they are so easily whipped up by the gutter press, yet here we have a section of the support turning on one of their own because of a few lines in the Sun, of all papers.

Quite frankly i am bored to tears with this thread that i just had the misfortune to read. McGinn is entitled to seek compensation, Sue is a sensationalist scaremongering word, no surprise from the tabloids. He was injured at work through no fault of his own and this injury meant that he couldn't do his job, it's hardly rocket science. Of course he should get compensation and continue to play for St Mirren without any hard feelings. The PR is non existent at St Mirren, this could and should have been handled a lot better than it has.

Read the article as far as that photo of Thommo' with the cup, and had to stop reading as even though I am heterosexual, it caused an involuntary stiffy situation in the trouser region.