John Mcginn Sues Saints

Sue nothing......this is a letter on MCGinns representatives headed note paper that is basically staking a claim, against ST Mirren, who pays, St mirrens insurers. Merely doing what any employee would do given the circumstances. Whether ST Mirren then contra charge Thommo for his stupidity is another matter.

Are you telling me that players only get paid when they play??? They don't have a basic??? He may have missed out on a win bonus but how much would that have been????? VERY LITTLE then

Think he is looking for a way out of St Mirren on the cheap. Hope he goes now. Was not great last year young Mallen much better, Kenny McLean upped his game and went but not sure who McGinn would go to down south and get first team playing time right away?? Best he can hope for is Scottish Premier League but needs to up his game.

Oh Yes and heard it was a minimal injury.

Gie's a signing!

Nearly three weeks into the managers job and only players out , 10 I think : Thompson and Goodwin to be confirmed for next season.

Yes players are on holiday however Thompson has been back for nearly a week still no news there. Still 14 days left till training starts 1st July I believe while the market is saturated with players let go by their former clubs.

Amazed to see so many defending McGinn's action here. The club has brought him through since he was a kid and now he is suing us in order to try to speed up a move to another club. That is the behaviour of a fanny.

Anyone who thinks this is anything other than attempt to get out the door needs a reality check.

Certainly can't see McGinn and Thommo playing in the same team now. Not difficult to work out which one I would prefer to have playing for us next season.

People are saying he shouldn't be making a claim as he would have been receiving a basic wage but what they are forgetting is that John is an out if contract player. His injuries may not be cleared up and he may need on going treatment to repair the damage.

At this stage nobody knows if this injury will go away once, what if it develops again and again throughout the next year or so?

There is potential for future loss of earnings here and if I were him I would be doing the exact same. He's registered his claim and this could go on for years or he could go for a quick payout.

Edited by davidg

Nearly three weeks into the managers job and only players out , 10 I think : Thompson and Goodwin to be confirmed for next season.

Yes players are on holiday however Thompson has been back for nearly a week still no news there. Still 14 days left till training starts 1st July I believe while the market is saturated with players let go by their former clubs.

I was interested to hear that John Sutton signed for the fermers on a pre-contract agreement, suggesting his Well contract hasn't expired yet. Perhaps other players are the same and that might account for the absence of much in the way of business?

I was interested to hear that John Sutton signed for the fermers on a pre-contract agreement, suggesting his Well contract hasn't expired yet. Perhaps other players are the same and that might account for the absence of much in the way of business?

Reported for talking sense in a thread polluted with nonsense.

Agree drew , however still does not make sense when it comes to Thompson as I wrote he has been back just over a week from holiday. Murray said last week he was going to talk to him over the next few days ( last week )

Piece in The Herald sports section today re McGinn taking legal action over spear "prank"

However also states .......

"The 20 year old, who has since left the club"

"......and is now suing his former employers...."

Wasn't aware that he had actually gone ?!

Anyone confirm?

Piece in The Herald sports section today re McGinn taking legal action over spear "prank"

However also states .......

"The 20 year old, who has since left the club"

"......and is now suing his former employers...."

Wasn't aware that he had actually gone ?!

Anyone confirm?

If he hasn't signed a new contract then he doesn't work for the club at this juncture so, technically, they can claim he has left.