Signings

FFS , Hes unbeaten as St.Mirren manager . some folk are never happy ! :1eye

Fair point, but he cannot continue to simply hang onto his 'unbeaten' tag with a 0-0-0-0 record.... I'm sick of this. Spalding should go too. Anyone got Jimmy Calderwood's number?

I'm not yet impressed with Murray and hope he makes me eat my words. He seems to have changed his mind about how many signings we may require based on one pre-season training session and guys doing fitness tests. When he took over he said he reckoned we would need to sign 8 or 9 players and bring in some senior pros to help the younger players he was left with from last year's squad. At the minute we have 12 players in the squad after Gow and Thompson re-signed and Agnew was brought in. David Barron is coming in on trial next week after 18 months without a club due to injury, Gow signed for us before the summer after being without a club due to a long term injury. Thommo missed half of last season due to injuries. Agnew has been a decent part time player in this division and so you would hope stepping up to full time should mean he will improve further. I realise that we will probably keep adding to the squad until the window shuts and we will have to take a few punts and hope for the best due to our budget, I'd still like to see some full time senior players signed without recent serious or recurring injury problems who come from clubs of a similar status to us (Partick Thistle, Dundee, Hamilton, Killie, Falkirk, Raith Rovers) and am concerned that with their injury records we could easily see our senior players supporting the young guys from the sidelines rather than on the pitch.

David Barron on trial. We are scrapping the barrel

David Barron on trial. We are scrapping the barrel

I really hope that David passes the trial period with us and is resigned, in particular if he shows the form he managed to display prior too him listening to some misguided agent that managed to convince him he would have no bother in getting a club in the English Championship. With the player in the right frame of mind and his fitness levels being what Ian Murray wants, I would predict that he would be a success for us, mind you I also predicted that Gregg Wylde would be an outstanding success for us last season.

I really hope that David passes the trial period with us and is resigned, in particular if he shows the form he managed to display prior too him listening to some misguided agent that managed to convince him he would have no bother in getting a club in the English Championship. With the player in the right frame of mind and his fitness levels being what Ian Murray wants, I would predict that he would be a success for us, mind you I also predicted that Gregg Wylde would be an outstanding success for us last season.

I was sure David terminated his contract due to his injury and decided to give up the game.

You are correct injury was a major problem for David, however prior to this David was advised by his agent that he was a player that would have no problem getting an English Championship side to sign him. The allure of playing for an English Championship team turned Davids head, that and his agent also convincing him he was better than he was. This was followed by spells of him playing in the 1st team for saints and then being out for the next game, till eventually he lost fitness and the confidence to play for us and unfortunately a few injuries later put paid to him playing for us again.

Quote from IM in today's sun.

"He (Carswell) should be our last midfield arrival. We need to concentrate on other areas. We've got our eye on one or two that may happen quickly and another one or two that could drag on until August.

We've been offered lots of players, but we've got to get the right ones and the budget is the most important thing. We don't want to waste our money early and then see something crop up when we've got no money left.

As much as I'd like to see the Div Barron of a few years back, that just won't happen. I can't see how a player can go from retiring to playing again at a very decent level. Our budget is too tight to risk it on Div

Sounds like a measured approach.

You've went down in my estimations for reading the Sun, however.

Bad, bad FTOF!

I know.

As poor a newspaper as The Sun is, I buy papers primarily to read about the football signings/rumours etc.

At the moment, The Sun is by far the best in that respect.

Could be worse though; As I said elsewhere, I could be reading The Daily Mail,The Telegraph or The Daily Express. The real gutter press.

It used to amuse me, at a former place of work, the ridicule that I received for buying the Daily Record. Didn't stop the same people asking to read it or reading it when they thought that no one was looking.

I don't buy or read any newspapers. Wouldn't wipe my arse with any of them. If I want to know all about the world events I come on here to see what StuDick and Oakster are saying, then I get a balanced and rational view on the biggest stories of the day.

Shocked to discover a taxi driver buys the Daily Mail the days Mr "You couldn't make it up" has a column.

More from Murray at http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/13360487.Murray_happy_with_steady_Saints_signing_policy/

He is going right against our sign them and then pay them off early policy ..............he has to go.

I don't buy or read any newspapers. Wouldn't wipe my arse with any of them. If I want to know all about the world events I come on here to see what StuDick and Oakster are saying, then I get a balanced and rational view on the biggest stories of the day.

Ditto.

Massive waste of money.

Mostly full of regurgitated shite and repeating what's on the news.

Just a bad habit for most or following the family choice.