Say Something Positive About The Season So Far

You sure? I must've missed that.

Apologies if this appears to be negative.

One of the most positive things I can say about this season is Langfield. Was brilliant in Greenock and kept us in the game at Annan. Okay, so maybe that second part doesn't sound as positive...

Big fan of Jamie!

3 positive things :-

1. The ground does not seem to be built on a sinkhole or old mining shaft.

2. We have not gone into receivership or been sold off to a "Craig Whyte" type of entrpreneur.

3. There are many games ahead before we need to really worry about relegation (at least 10).

But on a more pessimistic note :-

1. It won't get worse.

2. The new signings will be really good additions.

3. The lads will man up.

4. The management team will strongly influence our strategy creating loads of victory's and we will finish the season with a decent run.

Aye - I am playing with pessimism and positives sarcastically!

And I am having a pendulum swing in both directions - so I finish with one more swing back:-

My worry after this is will we make the same mistakes for next season!!! (Please naw!!) Hand back the loanees after they get a bit better, sell our best players, cut the budget, sign Thommo for another season and/or make him the manager.

Positive?

Easy: Man for man we are certainly in better shape than last season and I don't think that the squad is the major issue here. Nor do I think it's Ian Murray. What I do think is that he needs to re-evaluate his outlook and mindset going into games and to play a different style of football. A good manager evolves with time and I reckon given that time, he will adapt to St. Mirren and have us playing a harder, more pressing style as we're clearly not suited to the backs-to-the-wall stuff.

I genuinely don't think we need another complete overhaul, as there is talent there in that young side. We do need several tactical adjustments though but it's nothing close to being unfixable.

Positive?

Easy: Man for man we are certainly in better shape than last season and I don't think that the squad is the major issue here. Nor do I think it's Ian Murray. What I do think is that he needs to re-evaluate his outlook and mindset going into games and to play a different style of football. A good manager evolves with time and I reckon given that time, he will adapt to St. Mirren and have us playing a harder, more pressing style as we're clearly not suited to the backs-to-the-wall stuff.

I genuinely don't think we need another complete overhaul, as there is talent there in that young side. We do need several tactical adjustments though but it's nothing close to being unfixable.

Good call.

I genuinely don't feel that we're that far away. A morale boosting win should hopefully send us on our way. Pencil that in for Saturday, please!

Morgan looks bright in spells

Baird looks like a player

Stewart looks like a prospect

Mallen good in spells and great goal.

Agnew seems to know where the net is

Conlan and Howison have improved in every game they have played

Gallagher has got of the mark

We have signed Shankland.

W Hill has Saints 2/1 on for Saturday, with Livvi similar against.

Did the Bookies no see last night's result?! ohmy.png

1/2 is a silly price. we weren't even as short as that last night and we lost so I fail to see how they can make us shorter on Saturday..

We should be favourites though, I'd have thought somewhere around 4/5 or 10/11.

By the way Hills have Livi at 4/1, not 2/1 with the draw at 14/5.

Guest TPAFKATS

One of the most positive things I can say about this season is Langfield. Was brilliant in Greenock and kept us in the game at Annan. Okay, so maybe that second part doesn't sound as positive...

Big fan of Jamie!

Agree with all that, just didn't see him catching anything in Greenock ;)

Murray has got the players he wanted

We have a young squad that score plenty of goals

We've now got some experience at the back

Shankland could be a brilliant loan deal

Our support has been fantastic, sold out Ibrox and took almost 2k to M*rton

Not me, but a QOTS fan on PNB. He knows this league better than any of us and thought this was an interesting post.

Either will we TBH. We'll certainly be competing with Raith for a position, but it'll be 5th spot not 4th. I said this at the beginning of the season and I've yet to be persuaded otherwise. The Rangers, Hibs, St Mirren and Falkirk will take the top four position fairly comfortably this season IMO.

Wonder if he will be right... Hope so! Edited by TopCat