Shankland Must Start.

100% agree,

You only have to look at the short spells the boy is on the park to see the difference it makes.

He was only on the pitch 10 mins on Saturday before he smacked the post.

Puts himself about, holds the ball up well, and shoots on sight.

Let's leave him on the bench. Smart move Ian.

As everyone above has already mentioned, couldn't agree more.

It baffles me how Thommo Keeps getting the nod ahead of Lawrence, shankland does more on the pitch the 10-20 mins that he gets that Thommo does the full 90mins. When shankland comes on we have a genuine goal threat, unsurprisingly we continue to lose games without him. Someone like Lawrence helps by lifting the crowd, but what's the point coming off the bench when the game is done.

Gallagher and Shankland must start against The Ton.

As everyone above has already mentioned, couldn't agree more.

It baffles me how Thommo Keeps getting the nod ahead of Lawrence, shankland does more on the pitch the 10-20 mins that he gets that Thommo does the full 90mins. When shankland comes on we have a genuine goal threat, unsurprisingly we continue to lose games without him. Someone like Lawrence helps by lifting the crowd, but what's the point coming off the bench when the game is done.

Gallagher and Shankland must start against The Ton.

We have previous in this regard. We chased Adam Drury... 'The one we've been waiting for' I think the manager said. Then either don't play him, or play him out of position. Perhaps a good moment to bring up a name like Sanoupe... Is the kid off suicide watch yet? Gets thrown in for limited game time, when we are already two or three down, shoved out wide in a team heading down the U Bend.

We either don't play guys who deserve a berth over some who always get one no matter how little they are producing... or we play them out of position, or we give them ten minutes, or we shove them on when it's a lost cause.

Is it too much to ask that we employ a manager who knows his best starting XI, has a clear gameplan, can make meaningful starting personnel decisions and substitutions, and appears able to have us well organised and competitive?

Why play Shankland in a front two at all?

I would play Shankland, Gallagher and the Hawk in a front three. If one is unsure as to the wisdom of this then may I refer you to a video on youtube video called "the bubble didnae burst". You will see Tom Hendrie's team play weekly with a front three and by my jibletty sandwiches they were succesful.

If I again see one striker at home against a part time team I will skelp the halfwitted bugger with my walking stick.

Edited by TediousTom

It's quite heartbreaking to see Thommo's Saints career ending like this as well after everything he has done for us.

Thompson should be used as a target man and he needs someone alongside him to do that.

It beggars belief how long Murray has continued with one up front when it was clear after the season opener that it didn't work and that Thompson couldn't do it.

It's quite heartbreaking to see Thommo's Saints career ending like this as well after everything he has done for us.

Thompson should be used as a target man and he needs someone alongside him to do that.

It beggars belief how long Murray has continued with one up front when it was clear after the season opener that it didn't work and that Thompson couldn't do it.

Totally.

Imagine for one second expecting him to be a lone striker ffs. Thommo should be told to stay as a centre forward , not to move left or right, leave the wide balls for the wide players...................

oh I see a problem there............ sad.png

Why play Shankland in a front two at all?

I would play Shankland, Gallagher and the Hawk in a front three. If one is unsure as to the wisdom of this then may I refer you to a video on youtube video called "the bubble didnae burst". You will see Tom Hendrie's team play weekly with a front three and by my jibletty sandwiches they were succesful.

If I again see one striker at home against a part time team I will skelp the halfwitted bugger with my walking stick.

Sorry Tom, but I have to disagree

Defensively, we are a horror story just now, and even if we scored a goal or two more here and there would we win points.

I can't help feel we need to bolster the midfield, to not only help the defence but to try and retain the ball a bit more.

I'd be happy to play Shankland or Gallagher on their own up front, and bring in a midfielder to allow Agnew to drift up the park a bit more. I think Thommo is done at this level.

I also think McMullin is currently way out of sorts and I'm sorry, but Webster just isn't doing enough, content to always look for a pass to our keeper.

We do have problems, more than can be quickly fixed, but I would try and shore up the back rather than play the three "strikers" up front. It may not be pretty, but hopefully that's what Mr Miller's there to assist with.

Team selections don't really matter at the moment, as we don't really have any discernible game plan or style of play. Non existent/extremely basic tactics are the problem, until they are sorted then doesn't matter who plays.

We've played about 4 or 5 different formations this season, and not one has been carried out effectively. The players don't seem to know what their roles are. Blame lies with management.

Sorry Tom, but I have to disagree

Defensively, we are a horror story just now, and even if we scored a goal or two more here and there would we win points.

I can't help feel we need to bolster the midfield, to not only help the defence but to try and retain the ball a bit more.

I'd be happy to play Shankland or Gallagher on their own up front, and bring in a midfielder to allow Agnew to drift up the park a bit more. I think Thommo is done at this level.

I also think McMullin is currently way out of sorts and I'm sorry, but Webster just isn't doing enough, content to always look for a pass to our keeper.

We do have problems, more than can be quickly fixed, but I would try and shore up the back rather than play the three "strikers" up front. It may not be pretty, but hopefully that's what Mr Miller's there to assist with.

You are entitled to disagree my forum chum, entitled indeed.

With three up front however we might actually manage to retain posession further up the field.

With one up front we are losing posession constantly and that is only adding to our defensive woes (See Div's well written article on the home page of this website).

We need to remember that this is only the Championship, it is not a particuarly high level so why are we so negative in out tactical approach?

Nothing new in this. Craig did it, Lennon did it. We bring in these 'ones we've been waiting for' and either they bomb or we leave them on the bench. It's the St Mirren way, don't you know?

Aye, Aaron Mooy being a prime example. Home sick? No wonder when all he had to distract him was a f**king exercise bike!

MacPherson did it, too. Notably with John Baird and Rory Loy.

Shankland came on the park and immediately looked more dangerous than Thompson had been all game. He's strong and direct and not scared to put in a challenge. A captain should surely look to contribute on the park. Shankland and Gallacher partnership is the way forward for me.

Murray started the campaign with Thompson up front on his own, coupled with a six man defence. What an enormous space between front and back with no midfield support. He has then spent the interim toying with the midfield and is still clueless as to the best formation and personnel. At least he now plays two upfront...until we score that is then backs to the wall defending a slender lead for the remainder of the game.....Murray has got to go!