St.mirren V Morton 20/11/15

Stevie88

Was listening to Sportsound as I watched the game and even their large panel of commentators were talking at the start of the second half on the changes that Morton had made to improve their attack. They all talked about St Mirren sitting too deep and that a Morton goal was coming unless St Mirren changed things. But we didn't. We sat far too deep and pumped high balls to two strikers that only want to play on the deck and have pace to burn. Everyone could see a goal coming except our management team. Every time we go a goal up we sit back. Every time.

Were McMullan and Carswell playing tonight?

Edited by Sonny

What a load of shite.

We didn't even deserve a point IMO.

Ultimately the manager has to take the blame and should go.

However, the players don't seem to even be capable of competency with respect to the basics of the game, like controlling the ball, tackling or passing.

Think I'm at the stage where I can't even get mildly upset, as I don't really give a f**k.cool.png

Not a single thing I can say positive about tonight's game.

The second half performance was utterly disgraceful.

How Murray can stand back and watch that is beyond me!!

Second half reminds me of the Falkirk game at home.

We go in at half time winning the game. Then come out the second half hoping to hold on and hold on for the win.

I love St.Mirren to pieces but this is starting to get embarrassing on how bad we have become.

How long is Murray going to get before the board decide to give him the bullet

Let's face it, this isn't about Murray. He is trying, and failing, to do a job he was appointed to do. He didn't appoint himself, and won't sack himself (who would?). I thought it was a decent appointment, but was clearly mistaken. Hindsight etc....

Utterly soul destroying.

What a load of shite.

We didn't even deserve a point IMO.

Ultimately the manager has to take the blame and should go.

However, the players don't seem to even be capable of competency with respect to the basics of the game, like controlling the ball, tackling or passing.

Think I'm at the stage where I can't even get mildly upset, as I don't really give a f**k.cool.png

Told you not to go.

Even if it was off side, so what?

We were worse than awful... Ton deserved all 3 points never mind 1.

Jim Duffy knows how to coach a team and how to change things during a game to give his players optimum chance of performing.

Murray is hanging out lot out to dry.

Started without a shape or gameplan and managed to even lose what we didn't start with!!!

Agnew should have been central with Mallan instead of wasted wide. Carswell? His best game for us by a mile... and he was still shite!!!

Only Reid and Gallagher got pass marks today.

We are 2 weeks away from the anniversary of sacking tommy Craig, yet no further forward in playing terms despite playing in a lower division. we need to stop the rot now but I fear this board don`t have the balls to make a straightforward decision. I really hoped Ian Murray would do a job for us but alas he is even below the level of T.C. and is taking this club into the 3rd stream of Scottish football unless Mr Gilmour acts now.

Whilst nowhere in the league of the mess David Murray made selling Newco to Craig Whyte, Stewart Gilmour is culpable, with the rest of the board of not performing "due diligence" on Ian Murray and his managerial career to date prior to appointing him.

Well well well......

More or less a copy of the first game only this time our goal from their keeper mistake actually counted!

f**k knows what Langfield coaches during the week but if our young players are learning from him we'll have a few dodgy goalies coming through in the next few years.

I thought we were absolutely garbage for 80mins. Murray's tactic of sucking up the pressure and hoping to nick the 1-0 is a sackable offence on it's own. He's out of ideas (if he ever had any in the first place) and really needs to go.

Special mention to Craig Reid. Someone capable of being a worse full back than Luke Conlan. Superb stuff!

Whilst it cannot be argued that the manager has managed successfully, it equally cannot be claimed that the players have played competently.

That was a shambles- no midfield, no cohesion and no confidence.

On this form it is hard to see us avoiding relegation into the third tier of an impoverished Scottish game.