St.mirren V Morton 20/11/15

Stevie88

Carswell was one of our better players. He done what he was supposed to do, break up play, and recycle possession

The fact that our team, can't turn up after going ahead is what kills us. Time and time again we end up trying to defend the edge of our box, when we quite clearly can't.

Carswell was one of our better players. He done what he was supposed to do, break up play, and recycle possession

The fact that our team, can't turn up after going ahead is what kills us. Time and time again we end up trying to defend the edge of our box, when we quite clearly can't.

He had a couple of great tackles and much innefectual ambling about.

In the latter stages he was totally lost and couldn't stand up and be counted when needed.

Whereas Goodwin would have been snarling and growling and flying into tackles, Carswell was moaning to McLear that he needed more support in the middle!

Grow a pair ya fanny.

Well let's be pragmatic, honest, admit the good and bad.........

St Mirren played well in the first half , we had encouraging movement and pace, it was a pleasant surprise. It was also noticeable that with Goodwin and Thomson not on he park there was an energy about us. Morton were surprised.

One nil at half time was acceptable and fair. Morton were also starting to get tetchy and play the prima dona act, petulance was getting obvious.

Second half , to be expected , they came after us, no surprise , but it was petering out and game was looking like ours......

Then , with time running out , three or four mins to go we play the subs and we glad hand each other, unforgivable , Thomson comes on for a couple of mins, a more destructive contribution he couldn't have made ! His lack of fitness and basic inability to 'hold it' for a moment was cruelly exposed, he presents them with a ball and , av it, we implode again. Whether or not the Morton player was offside side, I couldn't really give a f**k , we shot ourselves in the foot.

Based on our recent shite, this was better, but I am not a happy fan tonight, we threw away a platform tonight, we will now struggle on , and on , and on.

Gutted.

St Mirren played well in the first half , we had encouraging movement and pace, it was a pleasant surprise. It was also noticeable that with Goodwin and Thomson not on he park there was an energy about us. Morton were surprised.

One nil at half time was acceptable and fair. Morton were also starting to get tetchy and play the prima dona act, petulance was getting obvious.

Second half , to be expected , they came after us, no surprise , but it was petering out and game was looking like ours......

Then , with time running out , three or four mins to go we play the subs and we glad hand each other, unforgivable , Thomson comes on for a couple of mins, a more destructive contribution he couldn't have made ! His lack of fitness and basic inability to 'hold it' for a moment was cruelly exposed, he presents them with a ball and , av it, we implode again. Whether or not the Morton player was offside side, I couldn't really give a f**k , we shot ourselves in the foot.

Based on our recent shite, this was better, but I am not a happy fan tonight, we threw away a platform tonight, we will now struggle on , and on , and on.

Gutted.

Ian... honestly... I know that is how you probably saw it... but all the supporters saw us totally dominated for 75 minutes of a 94 minute match and very lucky to escape with even a point!

We scored early and had a good 10 minute spell thereafter.

Then one coach coached and the whole game changed!

How many saves did their keeper make in the second half?

We scored for the first time in who knows how long from a set piece (ok keeper f**k up)

We don't score any other goals unless it's a long shot from Mallan.

Was the last time we actually played the ball on the deck Lennons second season?

We launch high balls from all over the park to our striker / strikers who never win it, and put our non existent midfield and defence under immediate pressure. It's not entertaining and I can't for the life of me understand why these 'players' were given time off from training ???

It's not entertaining and all I hear every week as I leave he stadium is more fans saying they won't be back. What a f**kin shite state we are in. Two years ago we won a national trophy. Look at us now.

Couple of thoughts on tonight's game....

1 A goalkeeping error cost us a cheap goal.
2 Morton were denied a stonewall penalty.
3 Agnew should've received a straight red.
4 Over the piece we probably should've won.

oh and...
5 We're Greenock Morton, We're Better Than You!!!

I'm not sure if Murray set us out to sit back in the 2nd half.

I think the issue is he's just completely unable to turn a collection of good Championship-level footballers into a good Championship side. We ended up under the cosh because the team just isn't working, particularly in the middle of the park.

don't see much improvement since millar came ,I know its only a couple of weeks ,but even tonight when our players needed coached even he couldn't help our incompetent manager,1 corner aside nothing different the whole game ,punting long balls ,no creativity,agnew lost the whole game and only wants the ball from 20 yards out to shoot ,mallen constantly lost and then try and beat 5 players and lose the ball,as for carswell the least said the better,and McMullan totally wasted ,the guy is a winger and all we do is ask everybody to sit in tight in midfield ,,so everyrtime we get the ball there is no out ball and worse than that no movement,watching st Mirren is now a chore and im asking myself why do I bother ,change of shift ,same on Tuesday for what ,to watch drivel that doesn't seem to be getting any better ,what are you seeing from the posh seats board of directors

Already been mentioned but how come all the teams we've played appear to be far fitter than us ? All over the park as well ...... well hacked off hanging on at home against Morton ffs !

Then to top it off heard Murray after the game on radio trying to justify that pish

I'm not sure where to start? Murray makes the same mistakes time and time again, but perhaps the most annoying aspect of this man's tenure is that once again he sends the team out to defend a one goal lead for the entire second half.

Absolute madness, why didn't he show some kind of bottle and at least try to win the game with a brave showing and go all out for what should have been a second goal to kill the game.

How can this guy survive in the job much longer, any other manager with his record at this stage of the season would surely be out of a job.

We need change now as its gone on for too long now, he's showing no signs of recovering what is a total disaster of a season.

I blame modern football. I am currently in a well known Saints pub where a Morton fan is being welcomed and commiserations are abound regarding their failure to grasp 3 points. Coupled with a good Saints fab singing Sunshine on Leith on the karaoke. We have no siege mentality anymore .Bring back the 80's and early 90's. We need the hardcore.

oh and...

Sorry mate;

1. Aye

2.when ?

3. See 2

4.Agree

5. Show us yer trophies

bye1.gif

oh and...

We are absolutely shite yet you still can't beat us. Congratulations!

I don't honestly don't get the excitement.

This Morton is a wee diddy team.

This is a low point for St Mirren. Morton are irrelevant in the big scheme of things.

I will watch with interest and DO want a victory, but the opposition is not all that important.

I still feel that way. V. disappointed at the result. Good start... then sat back... sigh...

Dive, no contact.

As for the goal, Adam just made an arse of it.

I might be biased, but I'm right.

Naw... Langfield DID slap his thigh. It could have been given but he was looking to dive from the moment the baw ran away fae him.

Reid is a complete and utter bombscare. What a disaster of a player. Motherwell have really shafted us with him and Carswell.

Apart from the very high-booted kick off the line, SO close to a Morton heid....Reid did nothing, I guess.

I'm no happy with the capitulation to a wee diddy team.

Understandably(see dmc) THEY are celebrating.

Gutted.

Having just rattled through it on Alba, Thompson looks like he made two contributions to the game. Both times he lost the ball, both times Morton counter attacked and one time they got a goal. Now, it's not his fault the defence didn't deal with the attack but f**k me, he didn't have give it away cheaply.

I'm not sure where to start? Murray makes the same mistakes time and time again, but perhaps the most annoying aspect of this man's tenure is that once again he sends the team out to defend a one goal lead for the entire second half.

Absolute madness, why didn't he show some kind of bottle and at least try to win the game with a brave showing and go all out for what should have been a second goal to kill the game.

How can this guy survive in the job much longer, any other manager with his record at this stage of the season would surely be out of a job.

We need change now as its gone on for too long now, he's showing no signs of recovering what is a total disaster of a season.

This. We couldn't even defend a two goal lead against Falkirk doing this, so why does he keep persist in doing it with a one goal lead. As you say, absolute madness.

oh and...

Honestly ? Seriously ? Erm , naw..........but admire your angst.

Fact is that was two dross teams out there tonight, I'm depressed at how far St Mirren have fallen and continue their slide. Jim Duffy, well tbh that's the measure of the Scottish game, pegging some success with a team that for decades has been in nowheresville. Yet we are no better, we have an alleged young prospect in the game that has to be assisted by a pensioner in order to navigate ninety minutes, it is truly lamentable,

If that was a St Mirren v Morton 'Renfrewshire derby' , well I hope frankly I never see another one, it was pish.

Final brief thought, what is wrong with that Morton strip , it's unacceptable at youth level never mind getting splashed across provincial tv as a senior teams kit.

Scottish fitba , it is PISH

Well, against my better judgement, I bought all the pish about supporting my team in its hour of need.

Sorry, but not again this season. It was an embarrassment. Particularly in the 2nd half. Completely outplayed by Morton, a team littered with St Mirren cast-offs.

Devoid of ideas and basic technique, our players couldn't even match them for fitness.

We remain 12 Pts adrift of them and for the life of me I can't see how a BoD with any sense of strategy can justify retaining Murray.

I may think about turning up for the relegation play-off games because that's all I see coming over the horizon.

Desperate stuff.