St.mirren V Morton 20/11/15

Stevie88

Zero out of Ten tonight

JESSIE HAIRED & FAIRY BOOTED USELESS CNUTS

And hopelessly shite Management Duo..

GOOD NIGHT & GOD F*CKING HELP US

Slept on it and have woken up in a worse mood after that shite last night.

Should have blown Morton away after taking the lead.

GUTLESS & F*CKING HEARTLESS.

MURRAY & MILLER MUST BE SACKED TODAY.

New Manager essential for Tuesday and beyond.

And get every player to wear black boots.

God awful second half after edging the first. Pattern went hoof from defender, forward unable to win ball or hold it up if he did, midfield who collectively can't tackle sees an uninventive Morton attack in waves against defenders who defend their own box and deeper. Repeat about 50 times over. What's wrong with playing the ball OVER the high line Morton defence to give a forward something to chase and relieve pressure. Instead we tried to feed the forwards in channels and they simply couldn't hold it up. Without Goodwin the midfield stinks. No tackling, no one wanting to put in a shift and get their hands dirty. A long hard relegation battle ahead buds, we need to be far more up for the fight and at least try to start tacking said fight to the opposition instead of totally conceeding territory and possession.

Apart from the boots bit you're correct sir. Murray is a dead man walking. Even had we scraped a win it would have been totally undeserved. It isn't referees or bad luck that leaves us winless at home in the league all season.

I'm afraid it's like watching the same movie every week. We have no midfield they get overrun every time.

Frustrating thing is that the fans really came out and supported the team last night - we outsung the unwashed for most of the game and generally provided great vocal support - yet the players repay us by shiting it in the second half, retreating and generally showing no fight or desire whatsoever. Totally unacceptable. What happened to Miller "hardening" them. No change from what I've seen.

We have glimpses of real talent in our team but no heart or fight. We are soft touches and for that the buck stops with Murray - he signed them and he can't motivate them.

Can't see my season ticket being used much for the rest of the season, enough is enough.

Agreed. Especially on the boots. Wee shitehawks wearing pink boots and scared to tackle.

Murray is hopeless. Used to watch him on sportscene when he was Dumbarton manager and thought 'how can this guy inspire people? and 'how is he turning the problem situation at Dumbarton around?'. Dull, mono toned nonesense is spouted in every interview.

I have really grown to dislike him and desperately want him out of our club.

I am beginning to believe that there is some truth in the rumours that there is a clause in his contract that if we are in bottom 2 by christmas that the club can sack him with little or no compensation being paid.

Edited by Mr Zo

Was listening to Sportsound as I watched the game and even their large panel of commentators were talking at the start of the second half on the changes that Morton had made to improve their attack. They all talked about St Mirren sitting too deep and that a Morton goal was coming unless St Mirren changed things. But we didn't. We sat far too deep and pumped high balls to two strikers that only want to play on the deck and have pace to burn. Everyone could see a goal coming except our management team. Every time we go a goal up we sit back. Every time.

Were McMullan and Carswell playing tonight?

This has been a problem all season. We pump high balls to an aging forward or ,as you say ,guys who want the ball down & the six foot four centre half who is actually FACING the dropping ball is clear favourite to return it straight back towards our goal.

& yet guys around me were still imploring Langfield to Get the ball up the park !!

For some reason can't reply to posts?? unsure.png So to generalise 12 points don't lie motherfu**ers!! thumbup2.gif

I know you're at the wind up dmc, but even you must be embarrassed that Morton have been so far in our shadow for the past 40 years that being 12 points ahead of us in November is seen as a major achievement!?

Keep coming on though, it's good. I get depressed when I think about how shite we are, but cheer up slightly when I realise that Morton fans view your current position as some sort of success or achievement.

Just saw Murray's post match comments:

"Hugely disappointed with the result, thought we were comfortable and Jamie [Langfield] didn’t have too much to do, so it is a hard one to take".

From that, he's clearly been smoking crack so suggest he resigns and gets some treatment.

Heard him on the radio after the game and that pushed me over the edge as far as Murray is concerned - if he had at least came out and stated that the performance wasn't good enough and we had a lot of work to do then maybe cut him some slack but no he blabbers pish about that being another local derby game undefeated and that we were comfortable, maybe need to work on our midfield, goal was offside blah blah

Look at the f*cken table and wake up and smell the coffee for f*ck sake. I couldn't take anything from that last night - our goal was a mistake from their keeper, our players look unfit, we defend too deep,and aside from one or two passing moves between Mallen, Shankland and Gallagher we produced square root of f*ck all going forward. Our only tactic seems to be a hoof up the park and hope for the best. God knows what has happened to Thommo but looks like he's been plucked from the stands and thown on which is sad to see.

Fans provided good support last night and I'm amazed we have been so patient up to now. We are in danger of doing a Dunfermline if we don't get our act together ....... clock is ticking !

Couple of thoughts on tonight's game....

1 A goalkeeping error cost us a cheap goal.

2 Morton were denied a stonewall penalty.

3 Agnew should've received a straight red.

4 Over the piece we probably should've won.

oh and...

5 We're Greenock Morton, We're Better Than You!!!

Having had time to think about it,& having watched the highlights, i`ll have another go at responding to your post

1. Still Aye

2. If you`re referring to the Langfield / McCluskey challenge. It would have been generous at best, the No11 was going down before langers got near him.

3. Nope

4. No change , still agree , you were the better hungrier team on the night & deserved a win

5. Still waiting on those trophies

Oh & you missed 6. Your goalscorer was Clearly offside.

For some reason can't reply to posts?? unsure.png So to generalise 12 points don't lie motherfu**ers!! thumbup2.gif

History doesn't lie. The worst Saints team in 3 decades and you still haven't beat us this season. Not beat us in a competitive ge in 16 years. Since 1987. We won the Scottish Cup. League Cup. And 2 Championship leagues. We've also been in another major final. We have a brand new stadium. Our own 2m pound training complex. Our own indoor training dome at stadium. We're going through a bad patch. But we will be back to the top soon. While Morton will always be a poor relation. But enjoy your season. Let's be honest you don't get many.

St Mirren 1 morton 1

Thanks for that contribution laugh.png

To be fair, it's better than eastlandsaint's usual contributions which are bare, bald links with no words or context, to somewhere else - often no that interesting destinations, such as a stadium layout....

Had morton scored 10 minutes earlier they would of won that match, we deserved nothing from it.

Hopeless.

I disagree.

They would of not of. :rolleyes:

There is little to add to what has been said prior, in that must Murray go. I can only say sorry to all the St.Mirren fans that I urged to attend so that Morton did not get one up on us before a ball was kicked, I myself could not attend for medical reasons. In the end it did not matter, because St.Mirren were tragic to say the least and although Morton contributed very little to the match, especially in the first half, except to hit a young boy in the face, I do hope he is OK, and whilst thumping the ball into the St..Mirren fans was unnecessary Pepper Pig clearly did not mean to cause the little boy any harm. Miller in the short period he has been with us is not the answer either, but I suspect he will get the job as manager till the end of the season, purely due to the financial situation we maybe are in.

This has got to be the final straw for Murray, please please Mr Gilmour and co, get rid of this totally useless excuse of a manager and before the Raith Rovers match. Whilst I urge you to do so, would it not be an idea to accept as the current BOD,s you realise that unless the GS/SMISA bid comes to fruition, which I have serious doubts about, you are unlikely to sell the club in its current state, even when the club was in a reasonable state, you could not manage to sell it. So if you can please reinvest and save St.Mirren Football club, you and the others on the board have managed it before, you can with help do it again.

Oh for the days of Danny lennons tippy tappy shite. Now we have tippy blooter defend tippy blooter defend deeper tippy blooter goal! For the opposition! Repeat ad nauseum yet nothing changes. The board should admit they are wrong and apologise to the supporters. The late great Jock Stein, who knew a thing or two about football, said football is nothing without the supporters. If we keep going the way we are there won't be any supporters. Watching on telly I thought the support for the team was excellent but that can't last much longer. Morton looked a league above us and we couldnt up our game as we clearly didnt have a plan to start with

He said: “Hugely disappointed with the result, and yeah it is harder to take in a Derby. Thought we were comfortable and Jamie [Langfield] didn’t have too much to do, so it is a hard one to take."

Whit the feck? I was sh!tting myself every time they crossed the halfway line!!!!​

“The fans are entitled to their opinions, of course they are. However the players are giving us their all and we are not far away from being where we want to be."

Where the feck does he think we want to be?

I personally wanted to be near the playoffs at the other end of the table.