Alan Gow - The Forgotten Man

Still think he could go a job for the first team. Has to be better than Agnew

We're all better than Agnew, mostly because we'd at least be engaged and look like we give a crap for 90 minutes. Really doesn't matter if either of us can't trap, don't know our position, can't cover, can't chase back, can't play a simple pass or even put in a tackle. Agnew has all of that in his locker.

• 4 weeks later...

There's a wee snippet in The Record today saying SMFC are keen for Gow to go out on loan.

Surprisingly there are a few Clubs interested in taking him!!!

Edited by HSS

There's a wee snippet in The Record today saying SMFC are keen for Gow to go out on loan.

Surprisingly there are a few Clubs interested in taking him!!

Gow will do OK for the few games he'd play till the season's end. Especially if he needs to play for a contract. After that history tells us he'll do less than zero. (If that's possible).

Gow will do OK for the few games he'd play till the season's end. Especially if he needs to play for a contract. After that history tells us he'll do less than zero. (If that's possible).

This is the part of the season Gow plays well and stays fit to try and win a contract. I would play him until the end of the season then punt him.

Let's not get carried away here.

Gow is an attacking player who has been at Saints for over a year.

His return in that time:

0 league goals

0 league assists

Indeed his only positive contribution to the first team was a goal at part time Annan in the challenge cup.

He must be - and will be - punted in May.

I don't think anyone would be up for offering Gow a new deal, however we can acknowledge when he's played well.

Gow ability wise is more than capable of performing in this league (his touch is a level above most in our team), ability has never been his issue

Edited by foxbar_bud

His return in that time:

0 league goals

0 league assists

Indeed his only positive contribution to the first team was a goal at part time Annan in the challenge cup.

Understand where you're coming from but not sure Alex Rae agrees. A lot of effort made to get him match fit. He's played in almost every U20s game since coming back from injury. I think he'll get an extension. Not sure how I feel about that.

We won & will be very happy with the points but lets not kid ourselves on, we scored with a penalty & an own goal. We were second best throughout.

The passing & distribution was dire, we seemed content to pump balls into a general area rather than finding a man, Shankland needs to spend some time in the U20s to get his mojo back , Agnew simply cant pass, Mallan was woeful today , & Langfield ....dearie me !!

Very few positives................ But , we won !! Under Murray we would have caved in when they equalised.

Understand where you're coming from but not sure Alex Rae agrees. A lot of effort made to get him match fit. He's played in almost every U20s game since coming back from injury. I think he'll get an extension. Not sure how I feel about that.

I will be absolutely astounded if he gets a contract next season.

Rae is using his experience with the younger players, fair enough. I'm sure he's a nice fella and I'm sure he's helping them.

That's one thing, having him as part of his future first team plans is quite another.

Edited by TopCat

His return in that time:

0 league goals

0 league assists

Assisted Keith Watson's 2nd goal at Raith last week TC.

He had has his chance with us so unless he agree to only get paid when he is actually on the pitch, he can go and find an other mug of a manager to pay him for nothing. There is a player there but the risk is not worth it for us.

Gow was really good today and last week. He has vision and a football brain. I understand folk being angry he was injured but honestly is that his fault. Rae could do worse than offer him a six month deal and see if he can stay fit as undoubtedly in.this league which will be weaker next term he has a touch of class and I reckon he's the type of player we need to link our play

We won & will be very happy with the points but lets not kid ourselves on, we scored with a penalty & an own goal. We were second best throughout.

The passing & distribution was dire, we seemed content to pump balls into a general area rather than finding a man, Shankland needs to spend some time in the U20s to get his mojo back , Agnew simply cant pass, Mallan was woeful today , & Langfield ....dearie me !!

Very few positives................ But , we won !! Under Murray we would have caved in when they equalised.

think it was an Agnew pass that put Cooper into a dangerous position to create the second. Don't think he does it consistently enough though.