January Signing Targets

Sweeper07

Priority has to be a couple of strikers, a centre half and someone with a good delivery into the strikers.

Apart from Sevco, Hibs and Falkirk, the clubs above us have scored only a couple of more goals than us. They have held out for wins with low scores, most notably Morton who have scored two more goals than us, though are sitting four places above us.

Obviously we are running at the top of our budget, so if any are to come in players need to leave.

I would try to punt McMullan, Gow, Shankland and Agnew. Hopefully with the money saved we would be able to bring in a couple of decent players.

On St Mirren radio it seems Murray already knows what areas he intends to strengthen in January. I wonder if he has been promised available budget or he has been asked to punt players before he brings anyone else in.

Is John Sutton getting a game for St Johnstone? Wouldn't mind us trying to bring him back.

Creative/wide midfielder desperately needed, as well as another centre mid and striker.

Big John Sutton would be perfect, we could put him up front on his own and punt long balls in his general direction.....that would make for good viewing!!!!

On St Mirren radio it seems Murray already knows what areas he intends to strengthen in January. I wonder if he has been promised available budget or he has been asked to punt players before he brings anyone else in.

I am very concerned at what Murray would do with any "talent"

Right start off Thommo is finished as is Gow. Get a statue of Thommo and thanks for the memories. Shankland and McMullen get shot.

holding midfielder ala Dave Mackay , must be one somewhere .

Need a striker with young Callum, where is Jon Daley?

I am very concerned at what Murray would do with any "talent"

Right start off Thommo is finished as is Gow. Get a statue of Thommo and thanks for the memories. Shankland and McMullen get shot.

Need a striker with young Callum, where is Jon Daley?

Raith and then taking a coaching role with Hearts u20's next month. Think he's hanging up his boots due to injuries.

I wonder if Alec Miller would be able to use his contacts at Liverpool to get us a few up and coming players on loan like Tommy Craig with Newcastle Utd.

I personally would like to see St Mirren bring in Aiden Nesbitt on loan from Celtic, Faisal El Bakhtoui from Dunfermline and Gary Fleming from Dumbarton

I would also like to see us get rid of Luke Conlon, Alan Gow, Stuart Carswell and Barry Cuddihay. Players who have shown they do not have what it takes to perform at this level.

Did you ever see Dave Mackay play? A player that good would cost you about £60M these days. Even a player in the mould of DM would cost a small fortune. I've never seen a braver nor more inspirational player, ever! At the level we are at you just don't get players like that.

I wonder if Alec Miller would be able to use his contacts at Liverpool to get us a few up and coming players on loan like Tommy Craig with Newcastle Utd.

I personally would like to see St Mirren bring in Aiden Nesbitt on loan from Celtic, Faisal El Bakhtoui from Dunfermline and Gary Fleming from Dumbarton

I would also like to see us get rid of Luke Conlon, Alan Gow, Stuart Carswell and Barry Cuddihay. Players who have shown they do not have what it takes to perform at this level.

You were doing well until you unfairly singled out Barry Cuddihy. A holding mid who has been hung out to dry by being made to play at full back. A position he's certainly not comfortable or indeed suited to.

Would we be approaching Dumbarton and Dunfermline about loaning these players?. We wont be buying anyone and I don't even know how long ago Miller was involved with Liverpool.

You were doing well until you unfairly singled out Barry Cuddihy. A holding mid who has been hung out to dry by being made to play at full back. A position he's certainly not comfortable or indeed suited to.

Possibly a bit unfair as I have not seen him in his usual position but from what I have seen of him, In two games, he has giving away two penalties. He looked lost at RB. Hopefully Murray gives him a shot in the future in midfield so we can get a better analysis of him as a player