Updated: Alex Rae Is Our New Manager

I'm blissfully unaware of the internecine politics behind the scenes over the last few years and, as I'm only interested in what happens between 3 and 4.45pm on a Saturday generally, what "strokes" the BOD are pulling off doesn't get much of my attention.

Now, I don't know you or how close you are to the going on behind the scenes but I would say this, your constant negativity around everyone and everything connected with the club is so predictable that it simply strips any argument you're making of any credibility.

There is always the option though of putting your money where your mouth is and then having a real opportunity to affect the direction of the club instead of constantly bad mouthing the supporters who have already done so.

Just saying.

Bad mouthing what supporters???

What are you on about? Why dont you buy the club?

I hope Alex Rae learns a lesson from Jose Mourhino's experience at Chelsea.

Rae has a reputation as a bit of a hard man but it seems that it was Mourhino's abrasiveness with the players and staff (and everyone else) that got him the sack.

Hopefully Rae strikes the right balance between discipline and encouragement.

Despite Gilmour spouting rubbish at the AGM with regards to taking time to appointment a manager and an experienced one at that and Brian Caldwell leaving, it all doesn't matter because Alex Rae is the new manager like it or not, because the St.Mirren fans will get behind him and give Alex Rae and the team all the support needed.

To Alex Rae

I wish you all the best as St.Mirren manager and I hope you succeed in turning round St.Mirrens abysmal performances and fortunes over the past few seasons.

What a bunch of greeting faced knickerwetting tumshies.

Who cares how we got him or what we were told.

Just f**king support him and the Team.

Btw, experience means f**k all if the experienced one is a hopeless Tadger.

Slightly disappointed by this appointment, but obviously wish Alex the best of luck.

The most important thing is him getting the respect of the players, especially the older ones. They were not playing for Murray, possibly due to his arrogance paired with his ludicrous tactics.

The players have been shocking this season, due to zero confidence and not playing for the stripes.

Hopefully Rae will get the players performing, whether it's building their confidence or a massive rocket up their backsides. His tactics and formations can't be worse than Murray's(touch wood).

He's our manager, whatever any of us think about him or the BoDs selection process and he needs to be given time and our support. Fingers crossed.

Dear Alex,

Please delete your twitter account at the earliest opportunity. The club you have joined carries a minority of keyboard warriors within its support, which will strike at any opportunity to pull your morale to the gutter.

Welcome to St Mirren.

Kind Regards,

kevo_smfc

Tweet him

Yet another uninspired appointment. Wouldn't put too much money on any improvement on the results front.

The long, hard season continues.

If betting is not your thing then don't bet at all! You can choose to bet or not without telling anyone on here as well!

Welcome to the Saint Mirren professional football club pte ltd co. I am somewhat pleased at this appointment, a fresh start, a new outlook and more exciting times (hopefully) lie ahead. Good luck Alexander I look forward to seeing you in action.

Ian Murray has gone, long may Alex Rae reign.