Queen Of The South V St Mirren Championship 13/2/16

shull

Believe Watson is suspended for this after his booking at the weekend. He will be a big loss, he's been excellent recently.

Hopefully Webster is fit after going off in the first half on Saturday and Sean will go to LB and Gary to RB. If he isn't fit we would only have 3 available defenders in Baird, Kelly and Irvine.

Will the suspension kick in straight away? There's one kind that doesn't start until a fortnight but I can't remember if that's for a sending off or getting too many bookings over the season.

No major roadworks in Dumfries this weekend to worry about thankfully, although I see there is something on at the Ice Bowl (it's ice skating incase anyone would prefer to go to that), which is behind the stand we'll be in, so parking might be in short supply.

Edited by Stu

Will the suspension kick in straight away? There's one kind that doesn't start until a fortnight but I can't remember if that's for a sending off or getting too many bookings over the season.

No major roadworks in Dumfries this weekend to worry about thankfully, although I see there is something on at the Ice Bowl (it's ice skating incase anyone would prefer to go to that), which is behind the stand we'll be in, so parking might be in short supply.

I was considering hopping into the new phrogmobile and heading to Palmerston, is parking in Dumfries an issue ?

I was considering hopping into the new phrogmobile and heading to Palmerston, is parking in Dumfries an issue ?

It should be OK, would maybe just allow an extra 10 minutes to find a space and walk. There is a car park at Palmerston (you need to pay) that I'd assume away fans can use. You could always chance parking at Tesco or walk in.

I'm rarely in the main bit of Dumfries at the weekend and never with the car so don't know what it'll be like. I'll probably just park at work and walk the rest.

It should be OK, would maybe just allow an extra 10 minutes to find a space and walk. There is a car park at Palmerston (you need to pay) that I'd assume away fans can use. You could always chance parking at Tesco or walk in.

Many thanks Stu, much appreciated.

I'm rarely in the main bit of Dumfries at the weekend and never with the car so don't know what it'll be like. I'll probably just park at work and walk the rest.

A lot of absurd abuse for Northstbuddie on this thread! (As usual, oaksoft the main culprit).

He is right, we were woeful against Alloa, and while better against QoS we didn't deserve the victory. They had a number of free headers in the box that normally would have been hitting the back of the net.

Still, things have improved, that much is certain. For what its worth I think we will get 4th place, but there isn't a great deal of point if we don't improve the performances dramatically. Any one of Falkirk, Hibs or Rangers would still run riot.

Kemp.Acknowledge we were not great against Alloa or Queens but at least we won.There is an old saying that it could be the sign of a good team to grind out points when not performing well.For me this season is all about finishing in a respectable position and rebuilding for next season.I am sure Alex already knows his strengths and weaknesses and will have a fair idea those players who will be out the door come May.

According to the SFA website Keith Watson's one match suspension starts on 20 February.

A lot of absurd abuse for Northstbuddie on this thread! (As usual, oaksoft the main culprit).

He is right, we were woeful against Alloa, and while better against QoS we didn't deserve the victory. They had a number of free headers in the box that normally would have been hitting the back of the net.

Still, things have improved, that much is certain. For what its worth I think we will get 4th place, but there isn't a great deal of point if we don't improve the performances dramatically. Any one of Falkirk, Hibs or Rangers would still run riot.

Thanks mate.

I thought I was stating the obvious and just repeating what many had said on here in recent weeks.

Nothing would please me more than to see the Saints go on a good run and I wholeheartedly agree that there has been a significant improvement under Rae and Farrell and I have every confidence that they will reverse the decline we have witnessed in the past year or so.

However, our performances will have to improve if we have serious hopes of bagging fourth place this season.

According to the SFA website Keith Watson's one match suspension starts on 20 February.

Ta.

If Webster is injured we could play Stewart at leftback with Irvine on the right and Kelly and Baird in the middle. Think Webster was only subbed just to be on the safe side on Saturday.

Believe Watson is suspended for this after his booking at the weekend. He will be a big loss, he's been excellent recently.

Hopefully Webster is fit after going off in the first half on Saturday and Sean will go to LB and Gary to RB. If he isn't fit we would only have 3 available defenders in Baird, Kelly and Irvine.

no he's not!!!

FFS we got 6 points .At this stage I don't care how we win