Saints V Dumbarton

St.Ricky

The joys of attempting to be financially prudent in the game of football...

It's a difficult choice for him, I'm certainly glad it's not my money.

The uncomfortable fact is that he could spend a bit of money on the team and we will still go down.

If he doesn't spend anything I think we have around a 5% chance of survival, we would need a miracle to stay up. If he puts in a decent amount of cash to get rid of the deadwood and we recruit well, we have around a 50% chance of survival I reckon. It's not good odds either way.

Myself my son & son in law were speechless when we left the ground. Ok Langfield had a clanger but at the end of the day we still can't put the ball in the back of the net. When you're down you're down. Sad days.

Yeah this is a good point. Langfield will get the stick and he does deserve it. Said it before and will say it again, he's the worst first choice keeper I've ever seen at St Mirren and I hope he never plays for us again.

However, it's not his fault we can't score at home to part time Dumbarton. It's not his fault we have one goal in four games under Jack Ross (which was a meaningless consolation). Jamie is just one of a huge amount of experienced duds that need punted ASAP.

I suspect he will do nothing. I think he won't put the money up to mutual consent those who need mutual consented and sign competent replacements.

And it's for that reason I will say for the first time, I think we will be relegated this season.

I hope Gordon proves me wrong and puts the cash up, to at least give us a punchers change of survival. Maybe we will get a statement from him on his thoughts and intentions this week? Communication with the fans and that... I heard it's meant to be much improved since he took over.

It's my worry he has clearly stated no money publicly. However error he took over a complete mess that should not be forgotten. Scott has a successful track record he needs to back the manager with a concrete plan. Get together and make one.

Haven't seen us play much this year but I thought we looked ok today for a team that hasn't won all season. Dumbarton aren't exactly a litmus test as, much like us, they have very little scoring threat in their team, however they weren't really in the game for long periods. Our problem is that for all our possession and shots today we still draw a blank.

Brave decision to play McGennis and McAllister today and they didn't let us down. We have to find a way of not getting detached until we can find some reinforcements in January or we're done for.

Fans want to stop screaming pish at players. It doesn't help players to hear you tell them they're pish. The amount of shit I hear shouted constantly at players is unbelievable. The sub's got it as well, all of them, just when warming up..strong characters needed to ignore that shit but it's a lot of young kids out there..get behind the team FFS

Fans want to stop screaming pish at players. It doesn't help players to hear you tell them they're pish. The amount of shit I hear shouted constantly at players is unbelievable. The sub's got it as well, all of them, just when warming up..strong characters needed to ignore that shit but it's a lot of young kids out there..get behind the team FFS

I actually thought the fans were very patient today. Didn't hear too much abuse at all, there's certainly been far worse.

That was a huge improvement from Tuesday. We were well on top until Langfield sold the jersies. For me that should be his last mistake and he must now be dropped and replaced in January. We were not the same after losing that goal and if I was a player I would be raging at Langfield- all the good work up until then gone to waste because of his, yet again, mad moments.

Magennis and McAllister were both good and Clarkson had a good first half but his legs had gone in the second which meant we had to bring on one of the wasters. We still hit the bar twice but the sooner we get shot of the loanees the better. Our own young boys played better than these frauds have done all season. 4 strikers and none could score in a brothel.

2 minutes ago, Sonny said:

That was a huge improvement from Tuesday. We were well on top until Langfield sold the jersies. For me that should be his last mistake and he must now be dropped and replaced in January. We were not the same after losing that goal and if I was a player I would be raging at Langfield- all the good work up until then gone to waste because of his, yet again, mad moments.

Magennis and McAllister were both good and Clarkson had a good first half but his legs had gone in the second which meant we had to bring on one of the wasters. We still hit the bar twice but the sooner we get shot of the loanees the better. Our own young boys played better than these frauds have done all season. 4 strikers and none could score in a brothel.

We were playing the team that were 2nd bottom of the league and while it may have been an "improvement" the standard of team we were playing was shitier than Morton and we still couldn't score a goal at home.

Looking like the JR gamble has backfired.

8 minutes ago, buddygreat said:

It's part and parcel of the game, it always will be. If you don't enjoy it, make sure you're playing well enough or at least increase your effort levels to increase it.

We were playing the team that were 2nd bottom of the league and while it may have been an "improvement" the standard of team we were playing was shitier than Morton and we still couldn't score a goal at home.

It was an improvement. We went from a disorganised, disinterested rabble to just a poor side.

I'm not having the 'well on top before Dumbarton scored ' bit either. It was only because of a miracle save from Langfield that we weren't 1 down by the time the first goal went in.

We lost simply because Dumbarton are a better team than us with a better manager. That's why they're above us in the league too, and they'll stay there unless there's wholesale changes made.

Oh ffs we were by far the better team today. Langfield must be wondering what made him pass to Dumbarton pkater???  why at half time are the team clapped rightly so of the park due to effort then slated at full time due to a goalkeeping error. I thought the team were really trying today the effort was definitely there. Young boys were outstanding. Jack Ross and the team will come good I see improvement. 

Wasn't a gamble and it wasn't jack Ross that assembled that shambles of a squad how he is getting any stick at all is crazy. He will need more than a few week to turn this squad around

35 minutes ago, TopCat said:

If he doesn't spend anything I think we have around a 5% chance of survival, we would need a miracle to stay up. If he puts in a decent amount of cash to get rid of the deadwood and we recruit well, we have around a 50% chance of survival I reckon. It's not good odds either way.

I'd like to know the names of these players prepared to leave their clubs halfway through the season for a Championship relegation battle.....

Mate its about commitment. Well done Dumbarton it's goals that win games. Our commitment is just not good enough though it proves part time football can and does compete with full time football no question there. That's why our players need to wake up and smell the shit coffee.

Wasn't a gamble and it wasn't jack Ross that assembled that shambles of a squad how he is getting any stick at all is crazy. He will need more than a few week to turn this squad around

How can you say it wasn't a gamble? Jack Ross has no experience of full time management ever, his only experience in this league was taking a part time team down. It was the absolute definition of a gamble.

The issue is we don't have a few weeks, a months more performances like Tuesday and today and we could be 10 points adrift at the bottom of the league.

We needed a fire fighter, someone who could come in and kick arses and get it changed quickly. I'm sure Jack has a 'philosophy' and that and he might even be a good manager one day. If he had a full summer and a pre season he might even have been a success with us.

To give him - indeed to give any rookie - the job when we were bottom of the league in October was madness. Got to feel for him, he's been given an absolute hospital pass and it could finish his managerial career.

You're right though, it's not his fault, you can't expect a rookie like him to turn it around quickly, and you also can't blame him for accepting the appointment. It's the fault of those who appointed the rookie.