Season 17/18 St Mirren Kit

shull

3 minutes ago, SBS said:

And that's a kit!! Prefer that to what we got.

I think our new shirt is absolutely fine even if it's not spectacular. I always prefer a saints shirt being more white than black though. 

The Joma shirt in the video Is from the teamwear catalogue and is the template Poz designed the kit around a few months back.

That being said, I'd have preferred us going bespoke on the basis of this stripe layout rather than thicker stripes but again, not complaining as it's certainly nowhere near the worst kits we've churned out. 

Hate it. Overengineered and personally, where the designers have decided in the past that even a proper stripey kit needs to be predominantly black or predominantly white, I've always preferred those that have been more white.

That said, the design of the 2013 cup winning strip was perfection in itself. Simple stripes, not to broad, not to narrow. Simple round neck.

Glorious. Should've just kept that strip forever more. 

6 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Hate it. Overengineered and personally, where the designers have decided in the past that even a proper stripey kit needs to be predominantly black or predominantly white, I've always preferred those that have been more white.

That said, the design of the 2013 cup winning strip was perfection in itself. Simple stripes, not to broad, not to narrow. Simple round neck.

Glorious. Should've just kept that strip forever more. 

Ah! Just saw Shull's other thread. He appears to have somewhat pre-empted my now pointless post above. 

Whilst I'm not particularly upset by this strip, (god knows we've seen much worse) I agree that the amount of black on show does outweigh the white and yes it's a bit too "fussy". As ever the Juventus strip seems to be the arbiter of good taste and design in black & white and I don't know why we don't just copy it every year ? My favourite Saints sttips have been the simplest, 1977-1981 era, the 1999-2000 'Cetco' and Poz's effort from 2012-13. At the end of the day I'm more concerned with what the ten guys wearing it every other weekend do, of course.

2 minutes ago, FS said:

Whilst I'm not particularly upset by this strip, (god knows we've seen much worse) I agree that the amount of black on show does outweigh the white and yes it's a bit too "fussy". As ever the Juventus strip seems to be the arbiter of good taste and design in black & white and I don't know why we don't just copy it every year ? My favourite Saints sttips have been the simplest, 1977-1981 era, the 1999-2000 'Cetco' and Poz's effort from 2012-13. At the end of the day I'm more concerned with what the ten guys wearing it every other weekend do, of course.

Totally agree. Why not copy Juventus first and second strips every year. Italian flair Bella Bella.

31 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

We would then have to wait every season for Juve to bring out their strip before we could even start ours. Would be lucky to get it out for Xmas. We could, of course, copy the previous season's Juve strip and have it available for Easter.

Just googling "when is EASTER?" and what did Juve's strip look like last season?

The arena is in the main shopping centre which is in Renfrewshire.
Thanks for playing.

you lot spoil ma fun all the time. shull is working hard on his post building to be no 1. his life is sad and lonely and I am trying to help this poor wretch. so stop interfering with his post building exercise. [emoji12]

7 minutes ago, ulysses said:

Kit was officially launched today. Pics are here it seems:

https://www.snsgroup.co.uk/28-06-17-st-mirren-home-kit-launch

Looks a lot better when properly photographed...

Shorts and socks look different from previous images. No four hooped socks and shorts would appear to only have a white stripe down each side and no big white arse shape.

A co-ordinated and coherent launch from St Mirren. Aye right... a half-arsed pre-launch Twatter leak of images that did the kit no favours, were probably only half of the correct kit, and should never have happened at all. Who posted the images on Twatter anyway?

Edited by pozbaird

Get off to a decent start this season and that kit will be a good seller. Very little wrong with the kit, black shorts and socks are pleasing, I quite like the kit tbh.

The degree of criticism over the minutiae on detail is amazing. Didn't know there was such passion for fashion in Paisilee !!

5 minutes ago, Seaside Nipper said:

Get off to a decent start this season and that kit will be a good seller. Very little wrong with the kit, black shorts and socks are pleasing, I quite like the kit tbh.

The degree of criticism over the minutiae on detail is amazing. Didn't know there was such passion for fashion in Paisilee !!

It's the close season. It's either the new kit being discussed or, erm, well... normally 'gie's a signing FFS'... but Joma Jack has stymied that line of discussion by cunningly signing players, and signing em' early.

FFS Ross! :P