Pal Fjelde - Norwegian midfielder/centre half

Stu

Just imagine -  a St Mirren team with a functioning midfield - now there's a novelty!

I hope that JR's signings help us to turn the corner at last.

However, can we watch this space to find out what is done to improve our defence during the transfer window? - This is Jack's biggest challenge in my view.

Just now, Kenny fae Partick' said:

I asked my Swedish friend and its just pronounced Paul. its the Norwegian version of the name.

I like this lad even more. Ask your paul, sorry, pal, how to pronounce his surname. If fjord is 'fee-ord', then would Fjelde be 'Fee-el-deh'?

*Thus will have been said earlier in the the thread but I cannot be bothered reading back and I sure other forum users will be equally lazy.

Watched him play for the under 20's side last night.  He played the first half at centre half and in the second he moved into midfieldtaking up a holding role.  He looked comfortable and assured.  

Josh Todd also played in that game, he looked comfortable also.  Lewis McLear was a real livewire playing on the left of midfield (that boy is verstile).

Now to addres the *thus, yes I see it and it was a mistake, a mistake indeed.  I have left it because I like it.

Re pronunciation - it's definitely not Pal, as in 'hey pal,  you looking at ma pint?'  and not really like Paul, but more like 'Pole'.  Norwegian has more vowels than English and the noun 'å'  - pronounced like 'oa' (as in oak, but with a longer finish)  is distinct from the vowel  'a' which is generally pronounced 'ah'

Phonetically second name is something like 'Fee-yeld-e' but two syllables.