St Mirren Scoreboard

4 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

A dinky little screen befitting our dinky little stadium.

Aye, I blame the diddies who decided that a ground that holds about 8k wasn't enough for us..........................well, it really has been for the last 14 years. 

It's been half empty (just a guess) for most of the games over the last umpteen years so now that we're flying it's unfair to deride the decision to have a stadium that holds 8K.

22 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, I blame the diddies who decided that a ground that holds about 8k wasn't enough for us..........................well, it really has been for the last 14 years. 

It's been half empty (just a guess) for most of the games over the last umpteen years so now that we're flying it's unfair to deride the decision to have a stadium that holds 8K.

Agreed, 8k is a perfect fit for us, the atmosphere today was really good, 

But I'm sure if we could do it again we would build something more intimidating and atmospheric, those big gaps in the corners make the ground feel too open..

10 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Fine - if we aim to perform the way we have done for the past few years - but the truth is the stadium will not be big enough if we continue as we are currently performing.

And I made this point several years ago.

This stadium capacity is only suitable for an under-achieving team.

Sadly, a lot of fans have been conditioned into thinking we are a small town team (in the largest town in Scotland) and that struggling against relegation each season is 'our fit'.