Ronnie

W7 Fans & Banners

2 hours ago, E=Mc2 said:

I can imagine that our board were very proud to say to visiting directors how the banner waving guys had added greatly to what they were trying to achieve at St. Mirren.

I imagine our directors were very disappointed to see the banner.  The directors may not have laid down rules beforehand as they probably never thought such a banner would appear.  

They obviously credited the members of group who decided on this banner to be a bit more mature than this action indicates. 

Could you imagine the uproar if the Green Brigade had a "Govan Scum" banner?

If that scenario had taken place , dont you think there would have been a "get that tae f**k down" message relayed across to the stewards in W7 pdq ? 

If they were that embarrassed why did they wait three weeks to ban it ?  ( & all the other non offensive flag and banner displays )

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

If that scenario had taken place , dont you think there would have been a "get that tae f**k down" message relayed across to the stewards in W7 pdq ? 

If they were that embarrassed why did they wait three weeks to ban it ?  ( & all the other non offensive flag and banner displays )

I agree the reaction should have a lot quicker than 3 weeks.

30 minutes should have been more than long enough.

If there is a person who liaises with the W7 then he/she should been across asking them to mention that it is not going down very well across in the other stand.

Perhaps I should be the liaison officer.

I could authorise all the banners. 

"FAMOUS TEAMS FROM THE PAST BROOKLYN DODGERS, LOS ANGELES DODGERS, SOAP DODGERS"

Just now, E=Mc2 said:

If there is a person who liaises with the W7 then he/she should been across asking them to mention that it is not going down very well across in the other stand.

"FAMOUS TEAMS FROM THE PAST BROOKLYN DODGERS, LOS ANGELES DODGERS, SOAP DODGERS"

Edit to add

I would not have asked the stewards to take any action. Someone should be harnessing the enthusiasm  W7 has for their team and be giving them guidance on levels of what is  acceptable.  By all means push the boundaries but don't cross the line.  Let's hope this is a learning curve for both the club and W7.

The 'offensive' banner was only displayed for about 5 minutes at the most in the middle of the first half.

Not sure the time it was, allegedly, displayed is important unless it's less "offensive" if it's only shown for a short time?  :blink:

It's important in relation to the quoted posted replied to where E=MC2 stated action should've been taken within 30 minutes of the banner being displayed - if it was already taken down action might not have been possible.

It's also relevant that it was displayed for a short period during the game, without any fanfare from those displaying it thereby limiting those exposed to the terrible thing. For example mention was made about the Morton directors. Given that play wad ongoing, I'm not sure if the Morton directors even noticed it never mind complained about it.

41 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

It's important in relation to the quoted posted replied to where E=MC2 stated action should've been taken within 30 minutes of the banner being displayed - if it was already taken down action might not have been possible.

It's also relevant that it was displayed for a short period during the game, without any fanfare from those displaying it thereby limiting those exposed to the terrible thing. For example mention was made about the Morton directors. Given that play wad ongoing, I'm not sure if the Morton directors even noticed it never mind complained about it.

IF it  was only displayed for this magical 5 minutes you quoted earlier it could easily still HAVE been seen as it only takes a second or two to spot something.

I really don't think it was particularly offensive but the time it was displayed matters not a lot, BEING displayed is the issue. 

As you say, you don't know if it was seen, so you really can't make a case one way or the other, no matter how hard you try. :wink:

IF it  was only displayed for this magical 5 minutes you quoted earlier it could easily still HAVE been seen as it only takes a second or two to spot something.
I really don't think it was particularly offensive but the time it was displayed matters not a lot, BEING displayed is the issue. 
As you say, you don't know if it was seen, so you really can't make a case one way or the other, no matter how hard you try. :wink:

No trying to make a case.
I'm trying to give balance to some of the more hysterical claims that some have made regarding this incident.
There's nothing 'magical' about the 5 minutes, again it's just factual information that I recall from being at the game
I completely accept that it only takes a second to see and read the display, however I'm trying to give context to those who did not witness the event. As it wasn't up got a long period of time, it's reasonable that some who attended the game may have missed it.
I was in main stand right across from the display and some around me still couldn't read the full display, particularly the smaller text under Greenock Scum.

15 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

I'm trying to give balance to some of the more hysterical claims that some have made regarding this incident.
There's nothing 'magical' about the 5 minutes, again it's just factual information that I recall from being at the game emoji6.png
I completely accept that it only takes a second to see and read the display, however I'm trying to give context to those who did not witness the event. As it wasn't up got a long period of time, it's reasonable that some who attended the game may have missed it.
I was in main stand right across from the display and some around me still couldn't read the full display, particularly the smaller text under Greenock Scum.

I rest my case. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

There's nothing 'magical' about the 5 minutes, again it's just factual information that I recall from being at the game emoji6.png

5 minutes, 30 minutes. Who cares?

I didn't see it cause I was sunning myself in Cyprus for 6 weeks.  :P

21 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:

©     I think it was the copyright symbol      ©

On ‎25‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:51 PM, TPAFKATS said:

I thought it said Greenock's Cum and am very much saddened to see this tribute to our aromatic cousins from up the road and '70's Glam Superstars Slade has backfired.  :holiday

On 22/11/2017 at 8:30 AM, Drew said:

This is a daft and disproportionate step by the club, presumably intended to put a point across to the authorities that they are on top of things.

I fully expect the BoD to relent and the ban to be lifted by the New Year.

The banner was a wee bit naughty, and the folks involved now know the score, so common sense should prevail all round.

7 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Update 

26863E7D-F9F1-491F-B0CC-DF939C3398F1.jpeg

Ach well, close enough:)

On 22 November 2017 at 7:29 AM, munoz said:

For all we know this decision might have had nothing to do with Gordon Scott. It could have been at the advice of the police or the Spfl or whoever. I don't agree with the level of punishment as I've said , but it's possibly not just down to GS .

Even closer .