Jump to content

Alan's first signings


Recommended Posts


Erm. For the time being I'm a bit meh? Know absolutely nothing about this lad. Never heard of him in ma puff. That of course is not to say he won't be any good.

However, (and again I'm not saying he isnae), but on what basis is he "Highly rated" or even for that matter just "rated"? Or more to the point, by whom (other than some Darlington fans) is he highly rated. It's a term that seems to get banded around with no apparent basis in fact.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Erm. For the time being I'm a bit meh? Know absolutely nothing about this lad. Never heard of him in ma puff. That of course is not to say he won't be any good.

However, (and again I'm not saying he isnae), but on what basis is he "Highly rated" or even for that matter just "rated"? Or more to the point, by whom (other than some Darlington fans) is he highly rated. It's a term that seems to get banded around with no apparent basis in fact.

He participated in a week long Vardy V9 Academy session, that was attended and facilitated by, among others, Alan Stubbs.

As such, he is presumably highly rated by our manager.

That kind of works for me.

Edited by Drew
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Erm. For the time being I'm a bit meh? Know absolutely nothing about this lad. Never heard of him in ma puff. That of course is not to say he won't be any good.
However, (and again I'm not saying he isnae), but on what basis is he "Highly rated" or even for that matter just "rated"? Or more to the point, by whom (other than some Darlington fans) is he highly rated. It's a term that seems to get banded around with no apparent basis in fact.
Adam Campbell, Adam Drury, Emanuelle Sonupe and Jake Caprice all came 'highly rated'

Hopefully of confirmed he will make more of an impact than they did.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, SBS said:

Adam Campbell, Adam Drury, Emanuelle Sonupe and Jake Caprice all came 'highly rated'

Hopefully of confirmed he will make more of an impact than they did.

You'll need to take this matter up with Danny Lennon. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, SBS said:

Adam Campbell, Adam Drury, Emanuelle Sonupe and Jake Caprice all came 'highly rated'

Hopefully of confirmed he will make more of an impact than they did.

Stephane Bahoken also came highly-rated, was shite, and is now brilliant, so y'know, maybe a wee bit of patience is also required sometimes.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, SBS said:

Adam Campbell, Adam Drury, Emanuelle Sonupe and Jake Caprice all came 'highly rated'

Hopefully of confirmed he will make more of an impact than they did.

It's all a  gamble. I popped on the Sunderland fans forum when some on here were speculating on today's signing being one of their young guys. Bloody hell Sunderland have shelled out over £5million on individual  "prospects" that seem to be utterly hopeless. Hopefully this is where Alan Stubbs and Darren Jackson show their expertise.

Edited by magnus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Stephane Bahoken also came highly-rated, was shite, and is now brilliant, so y'know, maybe a wee bit of patience is also required sometimes.

Wee Stevie Malian- highly rated with us , not so much down the road.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was this site visited by some oriental hackers or was it the Hong Kong St Mirren supporters club making some comments, or was it just my computer?

I’m in Malta & thought the same when I logged on, few oriental restaurants over here I was just about to blame them
Link to comment
Share on other sites

To go from the highs of last season, even the second half of the preceding season and then losing our best player and best manager in living memory is a real blow just when theres been a great atmosphere among the fans and in the town. It seems many already have us as likely relegation candidates. I am not impressed with either the new manager or any of the signings - I know theres no basis for the pessimism yet but I have a bad feeling - and sincerely hope we are not going down the Craig route of lower league English players which is a huge risk playing against the likes of the old firm, Aberdeen and the capital clubs.

Only time will tell, of course, and I wish the team well this coming season. Hope not to be watching from behind a sofa at some matches,lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Froggie said:

To go from the highs of last season, even the second half of the preceding season and then losing our best player and best manager in living memory is a real blow just when theres been a great atmosphere among the fans and in the town. It seems many already have us as likely relegation candidates. I am not impressed with either the new manager or any of the signings - I know theres no basis for the pessimism yet but I have a bad feeling - and sincerely hope we are not going down the Craig route of lower league English players which is a huge risk playing against the likes of the old firm, Aberdeen and the capital clubs.

Only time will tell, of course, and I wish the team well this coming season. Hope not to be watching from behind a sofa at some matches,lol.

You do know Stubbs hasn't signed anyone yet, don't you ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Froggie said:

To go from the highs of last season, even the second half of the preceding season and then losing our best player and best manager in living memory is a real blow just when theres been a great atmosphere among the fans and in the town. It seems many already have us as likely relegation candidates. I am not impressed with either the new manager or any of the signings - I know theres no basis for the pessimism yet but I have a bad feeling - and sincerely hope we are not going down the Craig route of lower league English players which is a huge risk playing against the likes of the old firm, Aberdeen and the capital clubs.

Only time will tell, of course, and I wish the team well this coming season. Hope not to be watching from behind a sofa at some matches,lol.

You have a bad feeling every season. You said we wouldn't make play offs last year.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...