Motherwell v St Mirren Scottish Cup Replay 18/2/20

shull

8 minutes ago, W6er said:

The strangest game I have ever seen in my life. Best £12 I have ever spent. I was saying at half time that we can't throw away a 3 goal lead. But all's well that ends well. 

My brother was saying it and i stupidly said no chance... what a bloody game though, nerve wracking at the penalties and great celebrations at the end! It's a learning curve for Jim, perhaps better to not try and sit on a lead for so long, maybe revert to those tactics in the last 20 mins but were very impressive when we played on the offensive.

5 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Why did we not use all four subs like Well! Jim’s main problem is the squads inbalance a couple of defenders on bench would have enabled us to shore up defence to help our young centre backs this has to be addressed immediately.

I agree but Kirk Wank Broadfoot buggering off at the last minute scuppered that, Jim will address this in the summer i have no doubt.

Edited by proudtobeabuddy

3 minutes ago, mattman said:

But one thing I’ll say is, Why did we not utilise the 4th sub? And why was chabbi on the bench but never warming up during the game ? Strangest signing ever

He's got to be pretty unfit to not be used but maybe he'll be the difference come the split and worth the wait, let's hope so.

36 minutes ago, W6er said:

The strangest game I have ever seen in my life. Best £12 I have ever spent. I was saying at half time that we can't throw away a 3 goal lead. But all's well that ends well. 

Just back home! 

You summed it up well. 

Fantastic entertainment. 

Credit to both teams. 

COYS

Just back from the historic game ( apparently we have never won a Scottish cup game on penalty’s) 

The 900 odd saints fans that made the trip to Motherwell got a much more than they had bargained for with the £12 gate price, they got excellent football and dire ,dire football in equal measures, the proverbial game of two half’s. To illustrate this, here are my thought bubbles from halftime: 

“wow saints are really starting to come together, this could be the game that turns there season around, they could easily score another couple of goals here” 

and from the 80th minute:

” for f#*cks sake, why the f#*ck did he take off Jakubiak and replace him with f#*ckin Morias!! , why did we decide to fall back to our box and defend for most of the f#*cin half? “

and after the penalty’s 

“ yaaaaasssssss , still in the cup, get it right up yeah Tony Watt “ 

so there you have it, if there is a difficult way to win a game stmirren will find it. Hampden here we come !! 

Well what a game for 12 quid. 2 team with suicidal defending. But made for an entertaining game. Obika was on fire first half. But Goody made a tactical mistake IMO taking jakuiak off and bringing Morias on and going one upfront. But anyway were in the next round and it's on to the Hearts game Friday night. Coys

3 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

918 Saints fans at the game

918 paying Saints Fans.

We arrived at our end just in time for some terribly naughty boy opening the fire exit from the inside.

Well over 1000 Buds in attendance.

0F79334C-A1CA-4C27-9C84-250F3F499A2B.jpeg

11 minutes ago, HSS said:

And the fighting on the way back to the buses was good too.

.(I’m talking as a spectator)

What happened?

I chatted to a few of their supporters before and after the game and they were very pleasant. Not sure I would've been so nice had we just lost on penalties in fact.

4 minutes ago, W6er said:

What happened?

I chatted to a few of their supporters before and after the game and they were very pleasant. Not sure I would've been so nice had we just lost on penalties in fact.

Well fans came looking for a fight.Some of The Saints Fans gave them what they were looking for.The Polis turned up when it was all finished. 

Just now, HSS said:

Well fans came looking for a fight.Some of The Saints Fans gave them what they were looking for.The Polis turned up when it was all finished. 

Ach, I can understand how a gutted Motherwell fan might want to punch gloating Saints fans. I'm not condoning it, but losing like that hurts. I was very diplomatic when I spoke to the Well fans afterwards. LOL It's a very emotional game.

Thommo is a fecking imbecile.
On Radio Scotland, talking absolute shite.
He is never a St Mirren fan.
He says friday's result v Hearts is more important than tonights  and the Cup is irrelevant and all at St Mirren would agree with him.
What a tit.

He’s right though.