Contracts

On 6/17/2021 at 9:56 AM, pod said:

and humps us. :whistle

Will be surprised if he does that. Looked good when he first arrived but fell away badly in the second half of the season. Maybe JG was just playing him in the wrong position, but I'd be surprised if he does any better at Dundee United. I agree that our offer to him should now be removed.

2 hours ago, pondsman said:

Will be surprised if he does that. Looked good when he first arrived but fell away badly in the second half of the season. Maybe JG was just playing him in the wrong position, but I'd be surprised if he does any better at Dundee United. I agree that our offer to him should now be removed.

Wasn't to be taken seriously :whistle  But you never know. 

48 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Doyle Hayes to sign for United tomorrow seemingly. 

Guarantee he will go there and be brilliant.

Strange one they must be offering much more cash. Not fussed about this.  I am happier we signed Kiltie

23 hours ago, FTOF said:

if he plays in a midfield that does all the work which we are looking like having, then im happy with this signing if it happens

all he needs to do is sit in break up play win the ball and pass it to the footballer

2 hours ago, JJ McG said:

Doyle Hayes to sign for United tomorrow seemingly. 

Guarantee he will go there and be brilliant.

Hard to wish anything else but the worst for him. Wouldn’t mind if he went to another league, but that’s a total rat stunt IMO. 

Edited by mattman

24 minutes ago, mattman said:

Hard to wish anything else but the worst for him. Wouldn’t mind if he went to another league, but that’s a total rat stunt IMO. 

Why, he's probably earning a good bit more at Unt? Good luck to him, did well for us and doing what any sensible person would do ??

15 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Why, he's probably earning a good bit more at Unt? Good luck to him, did well for us and doing what any sensible person would do ??

Just the way him and/or his agent has went about things, a highly doubt he’ll be making a good bit more considering the well documented money troubles they’ve been going through since Covid. They finished below us in the league too, so hardly ambitious either for a young lad his age. Just stinks IMO, so feck him. Nothing being a sensible person about it, I’m a supporter of the club and I’m passionate, so if someone wants to drag us along for 6 months waiting for a better offer from down south to then sign for a club further up north who finished below us last season, then aye feck him. 

I agree with those who think JDH (or more likely his agent) has strung us along. But t's not all his fault, is it? The club gave him the green light to keep us dangling by leaving its deal on the table for far too long. Once it became clear that the lad was hesitating, surely he should have been given a deadline by which to make up his mind. Leaving the deal on the table was a gift to his agent, who was then able to tout the player to other clubs, saying 'Look, St. Mirren have left a deal on the table for him. That's an indication of how good he is'.

I'm disappointed to see him going to another club in our league, but not convinced that he will come back to haunt us. Will depend on how the DUFC manager plans to fit him into his system. No doubt we'll find out when we have our first game against them on September 11. 

11 hours ago, mattman said:

Just the way him and/or his agent has went about things, a highly doubt he’ll be making a good bit more considering the well documented money troubles they’ve been going through since Covid. They finished below us in the league too, so hardly ambitious either for a young lad his age. Just stinks IMO, so feck him. Nothing being a sensible person about it, I’m a supporter of the club and I’m passionate, so if someone wants to drag us along for 6 months waiting for a better offer from down south to then sign for a club further up north who finished below us last season, then aye feck him. 

Think his agent was trying to drum up interest down south and probably seen Utd the only team to make an approach, so went with that. I hope we learn from this, Put an offer on the table for so long, to be strung along. 
Killie were ruthless enough to give players deadlines, before punting them, we should have been the same with out of contract players..

15 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

Think his agent was trying to drum up interest down south and probably seen Utd the only team to make an approach, so went with that. I hope we learn from this, Put an offer on the table for so long, to be strung along. 
Killie were ruthless enough to give players deadlines, before punting them, we should have been the same with out of contract players..

Tidy player. Disappointing that he has joined Dundee United. Would have thought we were a more attractive proposition. We will never know but I wonder if United's wage structure is considerably higher than ours. The lesson has to be that contract offers are not left open ended - this saga smacks of JDH taking the piss out of Jim.

42 minutes ago, magnus said:

Tidy player. Disappointing that he has joined Dundee United. Would have thought we were a more attractive proposition. We will never know but I wonder if United's wage structure is considerably higher than ours. The lesson has to be that contract offers are not left open ended - this saga smacks of JDH taking the piss out of Jim.

Or maybe Jim took the offer off the table and showed him the door.