Contracts

15 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Why, he's probably earning a good bit more at Unt? Good luck to him, did well for us and doing what any sensible person would do ??

Just the way him and/or his agent has went about things, a highly doubt he’ll be making a good bit more considering the well documented money troubles they’ve been going through since Covid. They finished below us in the league too, so hardly ambitious either for a young lad his age. Just stinks IMO, so feck him. Nothing being a sensible person about it, I’m a supporter of the club and I’m passionate, so if someone wants to drag us along for 6 months waiting for a better offer from down south to then sign for a club further up north who finished below us last season, then aye feck him. 

I agree with those who think JDH (or more likely his agent) has strung us along. But t's not all his fault, is it? The club gave him the green light to keep us dangling by leaving its deal on the table for far too long. Once it became clear that the lad was hesitating, surely he should have been given a deadline by which to make up his mind. Leaving the deal on the table was a gift to his agent, who was then able to tout the player to other clubs, saying 'Look, St. Mirren have left a deal on the table for him. That's an indication of how good he is'.

I'm disappointed to see him going to another club in our league, but not convinced that he will come back to haunt us. Will depend on how the DUFC manager plans to fit him into his system. No doubt we'll find out when we have our first game against them on September 11. 

11 hours ago, mattman said:

Just the way him and/or his agent has went about things, a highly doubt he’ll be making a good bit more considering the well documented money troubles they’ve been going through since Covid. They finished below us in the league too, so hardly ambitious either for a young lad his age. Just stinks IMO, so feck him. Nothing being a sensible person about it, I’m a supporter of the club and I’m passionate, so if someone wants to drag us along for 6 months waiting for a better offer from down south to then sign for a club further up north who finished below us last season, then aye feck him. 

Think his agent was trying to drum up interest down south and probably seen Utd the only team to make an approach, so went with that. I hope we learn from this, Put an offer on the table for so long, to be strung along. 
Killie were ruthless enough to give players deadlines, before punting them, we should have been the same with out of contract players..

15 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

Think his agent was trying to drum up interest down south and probably seen Utd the only team to make an approach, so went with that. I hope we learn from this, Put an offer on the table for so long, to be strung along. 
Killie were ruthless enough to give players deadlines, before punting them, we should have been the same with out of contract players..

Tidy player. Disappointing that he has joined Dundee United. Would have thought we were a more attractive proposition. We will never know but I wonder if United's wage structure is considerably higher than ours. The lesson has to be that contract offers are not left open ended - this saga smacks of JDH taking the piss out of Jim.

42 minutes ago, magnus said:

Tidy player. Disappointing that he has joined Dundee United. Would have thought we were a more attractive proposition. We will never know but I wonder if United's wage structure is considerably higher than ours. The lesson has to be that contract offers are not left open ended - this saga smacks of JDH taking the piss out of Jim.

Or maybe Jim took the offer off the table and showed him the door.   

Magnus: I know Power is 33 however I think too much is made of age look at Steve Davies at Rangers he is 35 Power apparently is very fit and energetic and has played a lot games in recent season hopefully he is ideal to compliment our young midfielders.

I agree, particularly if Power can recapture the form he showed with Killie right up till last season.

1 hour ago, magnus said:

This link may be totally bollocks but according to it Utd are paying around 50% more than we are and in some cases over 350% more.

https://footballleaguefc.com/st-mirren-fc-player-wages/

Unlike the majority I see nothing wrong with JDH's stance. He was offered a contract mid-season which he rightly chose not to commit to. Pre-season hasn't started yet so he was right to look around and looks like he could easily secure a deal offering a lot more than we can pay (check out average salaries of English diddy Leagues and what we offer). He wouldn't have been taking a pay rise come from Cheltenham to us.

And we signed him in Nov with no pre-season training. Jim has publicly stated that JDH's form dropped due to that, too many games in Feb and being forced to play through injuries. He is a tidy player and we gave it a good shot to re-sign him. I am sorry it didn't work out.

54 minutes ago, Sonny said:

This link may be totally bollocks but according to it Utd are paying around 50% more than we are and in some cases over 350% more.

Unlike the majority I see nothing wrong with JDH's stance. He was offered a contract mid-season which he rightly chose not to commit to. Pre-season hasn't started yet so he was right to look around and looks like he could easily secure a deal offering a lot more than we can pay (check out average salaries of English diddy Leagues and what we offer). He wouldn't have been taking a pay rise come from Cheltenham to us.

And we signed him in Nov with no pre-season training. Jim has publicly stated that JDH's form dropped due to that, too many games in Feb and being forced to play through injuries. He is a tidy player and we gave it a good shot to re-sign him. I am sorry it didn't work out.

Danny Finlayson 19 RB 1,400 2021

No way is St.Mirren  paying this boy £1400.  

2 hours ago, Sonny said:

Having read that link I am convinced it is total bollocks, those wages are shit in my opinion for SPL.

I saw an updated  list which included Quaner and Brophy. The wages were exactly the same as above , with Quaner on £900 and Brophy on £3,500. As Brophy was on loan initially , that could well be his Killie wage , but he's signed a 3 year deal with us , so he must be on a fair whack !

41 minutes ago, billyg said:

I saw an updated  list which included Quaner and Brophy. The wages were exactly the same as above , with Quaner on £900 and Brophy on £3,500. As Brophy was on loan initially , that could well be his Killie wage , but he's signed a 3 year deal with us , so he must be on a fair whack !

I heard Brophy is on 3k p/w from a fairly reliable source.