Welcome Keanu Baccus

11 minutes ago, Sonny said:

AEK Athens and Ghent among a lot of interest ....

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/keanu-baccus-gent-aek-athens-28698788

And as I have previously mentioned Celtic have just signed a 24 yo Canadian for £3.5M who has only ever played in Canadian football and a lot of that was College football. I think Baccus has proven himself to be of very decent quality and should command a decent fee.

To be fair while the player Celtic have signed has only played in Canada he has 33 full caps.

Baccus has only played in Australia before joining us and I'd suggest that isn't exactly equivalent to the EPL.

Also I don't think you can compare him at this stage to Baccus with barely 2 hours of international football.

Anyhow, let's sit back and see, I personally doubt, if anybody is serious about signing him, we'd get anything close to the fee Celtic paid for Johnston. 

To be fair while the player Celtic have signed has only played in Canada he has 33 full caps.
Baccus has only played in Australia before joining us and I'd suggest that isn't exactly equivalent to the EPL.
Also I don't think you can compare him at this stage to Baccus with barely 2 hours of international football.
Anyhow, let's sit back and see, I personally doubt, if anybody is serious about signing him, we'd get anything close to the fee Celtic paid for Johnston. 
Johnstone got his first cap last year. Most of his 33 caps have been against the likes of Bermuda, Caymen Islands etc. in the CONCACEF Gold Cup (41 teams). It remains to be seen how much anyone is willing to pay for Baccus but I would not think Johnstone's pedigree is any better than Baccus. But Celtic are daft with money when buying players from non-Scottish teams. I wait with fingers crossed that his good performances against the best players on the planet will provide us with a decent fee.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

On 12/10/2022 at 6:50 AM, Callum Gilhooley said:

The sell on clause idea is great when you’re talking about a 20-21 year old who may have 2-3 moves in him …..IF he makes the grade down south.

Much as Keanu is a smashing player , he will be 25 next year and unless he turns out to be a superstar is unlikely to be making many if any further multi million moves.  
I’d say we need to see some money now, perhaps with add ons for appearances and future international caps would be our best bet.

A move to a decent ( & well off!) mid table championship side might be best outcome  for us and the player. At this stage in his career progression I can’t see many EPL teams coming in for him and paying big money until he’s proved his worth at Championship level, and even then as I said, he will need to turn out to be a superstar to command a big fee. 

From what you are saying, it looks like £1-1.5m would be the biggest bid we can expect,  Which is good.  Given what is being discused on other threads & forums I'd say that is somewhat less then the club had hoped as he still needs to be replaced with similar quality and the alleged overspend has to be addressed

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

From what you are saying, it looks like £1-1.5m would be the biggest bid we can expect,  Which is good.  Given what is being discused on other threads & forums I'd say that is somewhat less then the club had hoped as he still needs to be replaced with similar quality and the alleged overspend has to be addressed

We picked this guy up for nothing. Anything we receive over £250,000 is surely a massive bonus. I don’t see how the club would have hoped for millions. This is after all the club that allowed Mooy and Mharez to leave for nothing.

23 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

We picked this guy up for nothing. Anything we receive over £250,000 is surely a massive bonus. I don’t see how the club would have hoped for millions. This is after all the club that allowed Mooy and Mharez to leave for nothing.

Mahrez wasn't a signed player when he left.:lol:

On 12/9/2022 at 9:29 PM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

£2m 🤣🤣🤣

We’ll bend over and take £250k right up the jacksy like we always do. 
Decent sell on clause is the very best we’ll do. 

Ordinarily I would agree however he still has 18 months left on his contract which puts the club in a much stronger position compared to the likes of Kenny McLean and Jamie McGrath who had only 6 months remaining, were able to sign PCAs and left for buttons.

6 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Ordinarily I would agree however he still has 18 months left on his contract which puts the club in a much stronger position compared to the likes of Kenny McLean and Jamie McGrath who had only 6 months remaining, were able to sign PCAs and left for buttons.

Hope you’re right mate. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 12/30/2022 at 4:54 PM, munoz said:

The more speculation/interest the better if the likely is going to happen. 

Really hope he gets a good club down South, and we get a massive wedge.

Ah well, not so massive wedge then.

He is a midfield player who don't score many goals, so we were never going to get the kind of money that Well got for Van Veen. 

Given the amount of time he got subs after the world cup, i don't think we will miss him to much although i would have like him to stay with us. 

36 minutes ago, gorgo said:

We got more from hibs for mcginn if the quotes are to be believed. First offer and we take it.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

There was a development fee with McGinn…..it really is pretty obvious and straightforward 🤷‍♂️