St Mirren V Hearts 13/05/2023

9 hours ago, munoz said:

Dundee Utd with a budget of probably double ours are sitting looking into an abyss.  

3 games left and we still have an outside chance of a great season. 

Fecking demented freaks!

Regardless  of where we end up I think it's been a great season,  with a small squad  and budget , the players and manager  should be applauded. 

Disappointing way to more or less end our season, but we are now in a section of the league where every team above us has a much larger budget than we do. The bookies are seldom wrong and I'm pretty sure they would have predicted 5 losses for us in the top 6 campaign, so we should look on any points at all from these games as a bonus.

Finishing 6th should surely help us to recruit some decent players next season. We must capitalise on this good finish and make sure we do as well - or better - next time round. A second top 6 finish would establish us as a decent mid-table side. That would surely be progress from what we've been used to in recent times..

I was so deflated yesterday after that. Defensive errors.

We have done so well this season with the limited budget we have. We should all be proud of what we have achieved.

Hearts fans were celebrating like it was a cup win. They got a draw. They have a huge fan base. They have a huge budget compared to a lot of Scotland and they were like that for a f**king draw with a team that has limited resources and fights relegation more often than not. If I was a hearts fan I would be ashamed of there performance. Imagine if we had Robo and their budget?!

Lucky Dunne is away (maybe to be closer to home as I can't see there being many in for him because he is good. He is hit or miss). I would hope with Small loan ending we need something else on the left as Tanser is hit and miss too. If we could find a left sided strain I would love it.

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Aren't the players monitored so that the managers actually know their fitness, rather than just what someone in the stands presumes how they are.

Says me lying in their bed and wired to check my cardio levels.

I've spent much of the last week in a similar situation.  not nice and list manipulation by a senior consultant hasn't helped the mood.

Due to other commitments this was my last game of the season. Absolutely gutted. To go from being in complete control of a game and cruising to end up with only a point due to the players backing off and the manager making, IMO, the wrong decisions. We were almost hanging on in the end and allowing Hearts so much space. For most of that second period Hearts had their own half all to themselves allowing them time to look up and make the telling passes. Even then. We still had enough chances to kill this game. That's three out of four times we've played Hearts and not taken what we should have from the game.

Edited by stlucifer

5 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Due to other commitments this was my last game of the season. Absolutely gutted. To go from being in complete control of a game and cruising to end up with only a point due to the players backing off and the manager making, IMO, the wrong decisions. We were almost hanging on in the end and allowing Hearts so much space. For most of that second period Hearts had their own half all to themselves allowing them time to look up and make the telling passes. Even then. We still had enough chances to kill this game. That's three out of four times we've played Hearts and not taken what we should have from the game.

we have had little to fear against Hearts this season, it has all been about our own approach

I would like to add I would be ashamed of the playing to the ref and moaning if I was a hearts fan. Hearts, like killie, are a lot of floppers and the refs buy it. Not because there is a conspiracy or anything, but because a lot of them are incompetent.

If they really think they are the 3rd force in Scotland with bigger support, bigger budget and you would think that would get you better quality players, they have played poor this season against us with nothing special.

Imagine if we had the money they had what Robo could do.

I think Taylor is raw, but there is a player in there. Strong, quick, and comfortable on the ball. Seemed to pass it well and not just go for hoofing diagonal balls to no one. Some nice balls up the line. I think with the right coaching his decision making will get better. If there are more cheaper finds like that to fill the squad more then Robo is on to something with us progressing

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, Warrior Saint said:

I think Taylor is another Dunne, loads of mistakes. He loses his man a lot and gets turned easily. 💣 scare

He is still learning  his trade ,cut him some slack ,whole year  of coaching and playing to come

Said from day one Taylor had something when most were writing him off with a full preseason we might have unearthed a player for virtually nothing.  this season unfortunately looks like petering out, with Dunne and Main leaving {don't think they'll be that hard to replace} we can kick on again,  

With 2 or 3 good signings we'll be a stronger team next year and we'll need to be to stay in the top 6..  looking forward to it already 

Just forced myself to watch the highlights as much as defensive mistakes cost us goals again yesterday, our decision making higher up pitch costs us alot too the breakaway late in game where pass to Jamieson is 5 yards too short and then his pass to Small is too early (should have engaged the defender) and too long then Small smashes it off keepers legs from a very tight angle where if he hits a simple pass across goal like Hearts did at their first goal Main has a simple tap in.

Sent from my T610K using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Just forced myself to watch the highlights as much as defensive mistakes cost us goals again yesterday, our decision making higher up pitch costs us alot too the breakaway late in game where pass to Jamieson is 5 yards too short and then his pass to Small is too early (should have engaged the defender) and too long then Small smashes it off keepers legs from a very tight angle where if he hits a simple pass across goal like Hearts did at their first goal Main has a simple tap in.

Sent from my T610K using Tapatalk

We pissed on our chips. Flynn’s howler reminds me of Tates’ attempt to dribble the ball out of the penalty box against Motherwell.

This is down to game management.

3 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:
38 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:
Dont blame them , it was a ridiculous decision . 

I did hear a clip of Hearts TV where they believed the penalty decision was just as bad as the red card.

Penalty decision was correct in my opinion.  Love Flynn as a player but he has to take responsibility for a silly challenge.