St. Mirren v Hearts 23/9

TPAFKA Jersey 2

16 minutes ago, guinness said:

Thought we were  very good today but must get more clinical in front of goal. Could of won by three or four. Watched Spoertscene there and all the disallowed goals could have stood.  The Mandron one in particular was never a foul. 

Thats not got a lot to do with being more clinical, thats borderline decisions going against us. 

5 minutes ago, guinness said:

Sorry did not mean those ones. Olysanya had a couple of chances to shoot or pass and we had a couple of other chances to score.

Olysanya is one of the main reasons we are where we are...his pace and effort gets us way up park...if he could finish better we would lose him at xmas

Just now, DougJamie said:

Olysanya is one of the main reasons we are where we are...his pace and effort gets us way up park...if he could finish better we would lose him at xmas

Calm doon, he's certainly a handful but I doubt they'll be a queue to sign him anytime soon. :wink:

He's certainly changed the view of many after a poor start for us and an uneventful spell here at Arbroath.

Another sign the manager can get the best from players, remember the grief, quite rightly at times, Main used to get? 

5 hours ago, Qarsaan said:

I have been following Saints since the Alex Ferguson days. I cannot remember watching a Saints team having the same desire and committment as I witnessed today. 

It’s funny you say that. I’ve been watching Saints since Ricky MacFarlane’s time and my best season (by a mile) was the Sir Tom Hendrie season 99/2000.

The team we are watching is special and dependent upon injuries we could eclipse that season.  A league up, of course, but I mean in terms of fan belief and expectations.

It could be a classic.

In the Stubbs/Kearney season it took us (apparently, not fact checked ) 28 games to get 14 points!!!!!!!!! I blame Stubbs for that.

6 minutes ago, Hunterian said:

It’s funny you say that. I’ve been watching Saints since Ricky MacFarlane’s time and my best season (by a mile) was the Sir Tom Hendrie season 99/2000.

The team we are watching is special and dependent upon injuries we could eclipse that season.  A league up, of course, but I mean in terms of fan belief and expectations.

It could be a classic.

In the Stubbs/Kearney season it took us (apparently, not fact checked ) 28 games to get 14 points!!!!!!!!! I blame Stubbs for that.

I actually think we are more equipped to handle injuries. The addition of Bolton was the final piece of the backup. 

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I actually think we are more equipped to handle injuries. The addition of Bolton was the final piece of the backup. 

I agree.

Posted earlier that our team/squad look as strong as, well, they have been for a long time.

Obviously a bad run of injuries could knock our season off our current position but we can only hope that doesn't happen. 

We are where we need to be in terms of personnel for the league,  finish in the European places and the addition of 3 or 4 players would allow us to complete on 2 fronts, but let's not get too ahead of ourselves and enjoy the current success while it lasts and appreciate what we have. 

What a great performance today - Naismith not willing to give any credit to us in his interview. If we had dropped points again because of VAR, it would have been more daylight robbery.

For me I can accept the first chopped off goal - Gogic was a bit reckless. The second one was a goal all day long - no contact for the 'foul'. Thanks to Scotland's Poundland VAR we don't get a good view of the 'line' so I guess we have to accept the decision for the third but looked onside to me.

Anyways - still one of only two unbeaten sides in the top flight - so it's all going fantastically at the moment [emoji106]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Another great day at the SMISA stadium. I'm getting used to this. Fabulous performance from the whole squad, including the subs! Stand-outs for me were Hemmings (when required), Gogic (Lawrence who? Liam who?), Strain (again!) and Tanser (again!). 

Better than previous games as we actually 'won' by a few goals - it's just that the officials and VAR only saw one. As has been said by others here (and even Sportscene pundits) Mandron's effort should have stood. As for Greive's tap-in, I hope the VAR officials had a better view than we got on TV last night. It was impossible to tell from the shot we saw on screen whether he was offside or not.

Tricky week coming up, but confidence is high (we've won at Easter Road already this season) and we owe Killie one after the defeat at the end of last season. So......

COYS!!

Thought we were excellent yesterday especially in first half - Robbo has us playing at a high tempo which is hard to maintain for 90 mins but our closing down and organisation was great to see.  Yeah we will lose games but this team are working their butts off and feeding off the fans backing. Let’s get behind them and enjoy the rollercoaster that is St Mirren FC ! 
COYS !

Thought we were very good yesterday, don't agree with at least 1 if not 2 of the disallowed goals. We are in a great place, playing good football and being consistent. Nobody e oe ts us to dominate the whole 90 minutes and that's where the defence and keeper do their jobs. SR is showing what cam be done with the right tactics and players who know their role and play for the team. Great times😁

Whilst I will credit Shankland with a good touch (at times), I thought yesterday he acted like a petulant child. 

He was lazy at times, he spent more time around the centre circle than in the penalty box and I laughed out loud a few times with his poor touch.

Sometimes I think commentators on both radio and TV don't call it for what it is - a poor show from a so called clinical finisher............. certainly not International standard playing like that.   🤨

What another great result and performance team playing for each other and for us fans. You can feel the togetherness of the squad and the desire to do well for us.

Strangely I still think we have another gear to go up and the more game time McMeniman and Mandoran get and with the return of Ayunga, supplemented with Grieve and Stav we have phenomenal fire power in the team. 

Whilst I will credit Shankland with a good touch (at times), I thought yesterday he acted like a petulant child. 
He was lazy at times, he spent more time around the centre circle than in the penalty box and I laughed out loud a few times with his poor touch.
Sometimes I think commentators on both radio and TV don't call it for what it is - a poor show from a so called clinical finisher............. certainly not International standard playing like that.   [emoji2955]
Hes put some beef back on too. Not sure he looks a happy bunny tight now.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk