St. Mirren v Hearts 23/9

TPAFKA Jersey 2

16 hours ago, Hunterian said:

It’s funny you say that. I’ve been watching Saints since Ricky MacFarlane’s time and my best season (by a mile) was the Sir Tom Hendrie season 99/2000.

The team we are watching is special and dependent upon injuries we could eclipse that season.  A league up, of course, but I mean in terms of fan belief and expectations.

It could be a classic.

In the Stubbs/Kearney season it took us (apparently, not fact checked ) 28 games to get 14 points!!!!!!!!! I blame Stubbs for that.

Best team since Jim Clunie days. 

23 hours ago, saint in exile said:

Another hard fought win and a great 3 points but, by God, we don't make it easy for ourselves. We hardly won a a second ball in the second half, and we gave them so much space down our right.  Their left sided players were allowed to run for f**king miles without a challenge. Even so, we're still up there!!!  

And 3 goals chalked off?  3??? Mandron's was a thing of beauty. I couldn't follow the ref - he'd point one way and give the free kick the other.

Agree about the second half, it seems like that every home game, heart in the mouth. That said, a great result and fantastic show by Gogic who was immense. Felt the disallowed goals were very harsh and for the ref to take nearly 4 minutes to decide on the last one is pathetic. Big crowds make the games exciting, keep it up Saints. 👍

21 hours ago, spankin_panda said:

I said they didn’t like us before the game. Well they certainly hate us now. It’s beautiful. 😂

enjoy your weekend buds, drink all this in! 

Just had a read.

I swear I was giggling out loud when Greive "scored", it was comedy gold. :lol:

https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/201800-official-st-mirren-v-heart-of-midlothian-thread/page/27/

Long may it continue. 

Just had a read.
I swear I was giggling out loud when Greive "scored", it was comedy gold. [emoji38]
https://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/201800-official-st-mirren-v-heart-of-midlothian-thread/page/27/
Long may it continue. 
Just had a quick read forgot they only got 1 point and zero goals v St Mirren, Kilmarnock, Dundee and Motherwell and saw on Sportscene next 4 matches they have Hibs, Rangers and Celtic in that run.

Robson kept his job a little longer by his team's last two performances Naismith will be lucky to see out October you know who the favourite for that job will be.

Sent from my T610K using Tapatalk

https://x.com/camer0n_mcd/status/1706058778217529834?s=46&t=o7cZTRZQdQRmoiuMLXLeXw

reason 506 why we need a new vote on keeping VAR. No consistency whatsoever. Why was this passage of play not allowed to continue while Mandron’s was for a check? 

putting aside the sheer incompetent officiating, given they both were completely wrong decisions. We are around a year in & seeing little to no improvement on decisions and approach. 

https://x.com/camer0n_mcd/status/1706058778217529834?s=46&t=o7cZTRZQdQRmoiuMLXLeXw

reason 506 why we need a new vote on keeping VAR. No consistency whatsoever. Why was this passage of play not allowed to continue while Mandron’s was for a check? 

putting aside the sheer incompetent officiating, given they both were completely wrong decisions. We are around a year in & seeing little to no improvement on decisions and approach. 

If it's a clear foul, there is no need to wait.

10f58bcbbe8b2c776f2466ae2f655665.jpg

You even had the opportunity to see the shirt getting pulled in slow motion and you didn't. You thought about taking up refereeing. [emoji1787]

5 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

If it's a clear foul, there is no need to wait.

10f58bcbbe8b2c776f2466ae2f655665.jpg

You even had the opportunity to see the shirt getting pulled in slow motion and you didn't. You thought about taking up refereeing. emoji1787.png

If that’s a foul, practically every corner in the game should be ending with a free kick or a penalty in the box. Nothing in it whatsoever. 

If you stop that video Shull posted from YouTube at the point when Alex Greive scores you can plainly see he is onside.

Why, if that is an available video angle do VAR not have that facility in Scotland? It made our last 15 minutes tetchy as opposed to relaxed, but then maybe that's what it is to be a Buddies suppporter!

Edited by The Original 59er

1 hour ago, The Original 59er said:

If you stop that video Shull posted from YouTube at the point when Alex Greive scores you can plainly see he is onside

Agreed pause it at 1.32 and if he is offside its by a mm you can se where his feet are in comparison to the box line along with the Hearts players and there is nothing in it.

Mandrons one is a joke as well especially when you compare the decision of no foul against Grieve when the hearts player had 2 arms around him

3 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

Don't they take it from shoulder position so irrespective of where feet are if forward momentum means shoulder is in front then it is offside, however still took too long to get to that, Mandron's was never a foul.

They use any part of the body which you can legitimately play the ball.

I did have a really good laugh at the myriad of negative comments in the Jambo's Forum about their team and the performance but what surprises me is just how few positive comments there were re Saints. :whistle

Yes I know it's a forum for their supporters but they seem to have an inbuilt belief, that they as a tribe, are entitled to success whilst anyone else isn't. Strangely the same kind of feeling came out of Dougray Scott's mouth in one of the "Crime" episodes when he bemoaned the failure of Hearts to win the league when they lost to Dundee (and I think we got beaten by a barrowload to the Green Brigade)!

Anyway, back on subject, what surprises me about reading this Forum section is that supporters, who support the likes of Hearts, expect nothing but success and resent others having fleeting glimpses of it. They also don't realise that sometimes through cyclical inabilities of Boards, Managers and signings, everyone gets it wrong at least once in a while and that it is their turn to suffer at the hands of poor decision making and maybe poor man / player management.................. who knows!

2 hours ago, The Original 59er said:

I did have a really good laugh at the myriad of negative comments in the Jambo's Forum about their team and the performance but what surprises me is just how few positive comments there were re Saints. :whistle

Yes I know it's a forum for their supporters but they seem to have an inbuilt belief, that they as a tribe, are entitled to success whilst anyone else isn't. Strangely the same kind of feeling came out of Dougray Scott's mouth in one of the "Crime" episodes when he bemoaned the failure of Hearts to win the league when they lost to Dundee (and I think we got beaten by a barrowload to the Green Brigade)!

Anyway, back on subject, what surprises me about reading this Forum section is that supporters, who support the likes of Hearts, expect nothing but success and resent others having fleeting glimpses of it. They also don't realise that sometimes through cyclical inabilities of Boards, Managers and signings, everyone gets it wrong at least once in a while and that it is their turn to suffer at the hands of poor decision making and maybe poor man / player management.................. who knows!

As a teenager watching Saints, I always thought of Hearts as a yo-yo club... nowhere near as good or consistent as us.

From 1978 till 1991, Saints spent 14 seasons in the Premier League.

At that time we were the ONLY club not in the original top 10 premier league to be promoted to it and not subsequently relegated.

During that same period, Hearts spent 4 seasons in the first division following 3 separate relegations! 

I will never think of them other than a potentially big club that often flirts with relegation and sometimes achieves it.

They also regularly bottle it against us when it really matters!😎

3 hours ago, The Original 59er said:

All Hearts had to do that day was win their game and, no matter the score at Love Street, they'd have lived their dream. They could go way back to the game where we beat them, 6-2?, if they want to blame us for anything. They won't though, preferring to put the blame on us, (last game of the season). rather than admit they blew it BIG time so FECKEM! Perhaps they should blame Kidd.

Edited by stlucifer

44 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

All Hearts had to do that day was win their game and, no matter the score at Love Street, they'd have lived their dream. They could go way back to the game where we beat them, 6-2?, if they want to blame us for anything. They won't though, preferring to put the blame on us rather than admit they blew it BIG time so FECKEM!

Always the case, blame someone else. 

2 hours ago, stlucifer said:

All Hearts had to do that day was win their game and, no matter the score at Love Street, they'd have lived their dream. They could go way back to the game where we beat them, 6-2?, if they want to blame us for anything. They won't though, preferring to put the blame on us, (last game of the season). rather than admit they blew it BIG time so FECKEM! Perhaps they should blame Kidd.

All Hearts had to do was draw The league was won at 0-0 but their bottle crashed 😂

On 9/24/2023 at 5:12 PM, faraway saint said:

Just had a read.

I swear I was giggling out loud when Greive "scored", it was comedy gold. :lol:

Long may it continue. 

Yea hilarious melt downs at that point 😂