Ross County v St Mirren SPFL PREMIERSHIP 28/11/23

shull

Disappointing the game is off as these next two games were a real opportunity to get another 6 points on the board before playing Celtic. 
Sounds like it was probably the right call though. 
…..and from a purely selfish point of view, I’m glad it’s this weekend and not next as I’ll be in attendance. 😄

4 hours ago, pod said:

You weren't the only one. Team went up last night to prepare for game.  :(

If you read the whole post I was only joking, shit happens….the beauty for them I guess is that they were getting paid, us mere mortals were paying for the privilege 

18 hours ago, WeeBud said:

If you read the whole post I was only joking, shit happens….the beauty for them I guess is that they were getting paid, us mere mortals were paying for the privilege 

Wasn't having a dig, only stating a fact, hence highlighted portion.

On 10/21/2023 at 8:47 AM, Hunterian said:

It’s an excellent pitch.

I may have mentioned I’m in Inverness and weather is currently windy and pissing!

Fair play to County for calling off early and allowing fans to stay put. Only issue for Paisley faithful is if this is now midweek unless it’s played during the cup weekend in Nov.

I bought my ticket from their ticket office on Friday and was informed that:

(a) no chance that the game would be off due to the pitch conditions as they know they have a good well-draing pitch, (though the person selling me the ticket to the central East stand reckoned it might be 4-0 at HT to the down wind side and a 5-4 win for someone after 90 minutes!)

(b) Saints had already travelled and were staying in Dingwall overnight.

So I was surprised on Saturday morning (whilst scoffing my breakfast in Strathpeffer) that they game was off.

Off down to the ground just after 10:00 and luckily found a staff memnber who was coming in to sort out some mail, but generally it was like the Marie Celeste with lots of water about and not many people to be found. 

We had a wee chat about refunds and yes they have been brilliant about it and already have full instructions on the process of the refund, as I am unlikely to be up here in a mid-week period in January / February.

However the game wasn't postponed by County, it was the polis that called it off, suggesting to County "that they could be liable" should anyone be injured coming or going to the game due to the weather or the road conditions.

I can't see that this argument would hold per se as the polis didn't cancel a gig in Strathpeffer on Saturday night and use the same reasoning to put off the event for the 500+ that attended!

In retrospect the right decision was probably made, but I was pi**ed off as I hadn't been to a game in Dingwall before and it would have added to my list of Scottish away venues......... but it saved many from a miserable run up a partially blocked A9, more than 4 hours of travel and perhaps  more importantly lives weren't put at risk - it was, after all, only a game of footie!

• shull changed the title to Ross County v St Mirren SPFL PREMIERSHIP 28/11/23
  • 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, eastlandssaint said:

The owner up there doesn’t fcuk around. Making the change now well in advance of January transfer window makes a lot of sense. Theay club invariably invest heavily in January to keep them in the top flight. 
It’s not as if they are detached at the bottom. 

On 11/18/2023 at 11:57 PM, W6er said:

Trust  us to have to play them after they appoint a new manager and inevitably benefit from the bounce. :( 

I suppose we did at least get to play St. Johnstone before they even won a game.

You should have more faith.

The only people with an overwhelming faith in Derek Adams’ abilities are Roy MacGregor and Derek Adams.

Adams is a bell-end!

1 hour ago, spankin_panda said:

A draw wouldn’t be a bad result but a win would be fantastic - need it as a hard run of games coming up 

Really? I was just thinking we had a decent run coming up.

Obviously the next one is hard, but after that we’ve got St. J (A), Ross Co (H) and Motherwell (H). Surely we’ll be targeting 9 points from those 3 games? 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Really? I was just thinking we had a decent run coming up.

Obviously the next one is hard, but after that we’ve got St. J (A), Ross Co (H) and Motherwell (H). Surely we’ll be targeting 9 points from those 3 games? 

You can target as many points as you like but you can bet your bottom  dollar you won't get near it.