St Mirren v Aberdeen SPFL Premiership

shull

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Looking forward to this game as when I was up at the last Aberdeen game we gave them a right doing.

They have areal striker in their ranks but, that apart, they are honking. 

Are you forgetting Jamie McGrath?

He is one of the few who has performed consistently well for them.

As for us, I long for Strain, O'Hara, McMenamin and Baccus to team up as they did at the start of the season when we were playing some attractive football.

However, I appreciate that Saturday may be a bit too soon for Strain to get involved.

Dons haven't won a game since Warnock took over. They were beaten by St. Johnstone last night, and Willie Miller openly criticised Warnock after that result. So, surely no better time to play them at the Smisa stadium and give them another doing like we did at Pittodrie last time we met them. And that last minute penalty they got in Paisley at the start of the season still rankles. So, as always.........

COYS!!

3 minutes ago, pondsman said:

Dons haven't won a game since Warnock took over. They were beaten by St. Johnstone last night, and Willie Miller openly criticised Warnock after that result. So, surely no better time to play them at the Smisa stadium and give them another doing like we did at Pittodrie last time we met them. And that last minute penalty they got in Paisley at the start of the season still rankles. So, as always.........

COYS!!

We’ve seen this story before though haven’t we? Many, many times, most recently just against Livi a couple of weeks past. 

Hopefully not the case but there certainly seems to be a trend of a way to get over a bad run of form… play us. 😂

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

We’ve seen this story before though haven’t we? Many, many times, most recently just against Livi a couple of weeks past. 

Hopefully not the case but there certainly seems to be a trend of a way to get over a bad run of form… play us. 😂

Livi game was away, home games are a completely different proposition.

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

We’ve also got a trend…..

Good, shite, good, shite, good, shite.

Let’s hope that trend continues for one more game 👍

We can virtually clinch a top 6 place if we beat them 

Aberdeen have quite an easy run in after us {probably just as well} but they're shite if we beat them they won't catch us

Dundee has a tough run in and will do well to finish top 6

Hibs are the team most likely to make a charge up the table IMO I'd take them to finish above Dundee and finish the worse of the best :)

14 hours ago, alwaystrue said:

Often we are the team that helps other teams break their rotten run of form. Aberdeen look clueless in games but upfront they do have a good striker. I'm going to this game and I expect to see a close victory for the Saints 👍 

If they didn’t have that good striker they’d be absolutely screwed!

17 hours ago, elvis said:

2-1 Aberdeen then.we are the gift that keeps on giving as been said before we have seen this multiple times over the years.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-aberdeen-fc-flops-really-32246432?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR24Pv-m_sGBYlCxtkBBf1x0NmsflHYtGmLOe4zFSm2BSFitnPDxI-_OIdw#Echobox=1709281616

When I read this I unfortunately got an image of yourself having a pleasurable moment. 

I really need to get help or drink to get rid of that. 😪

19 hours ago, pondsman said:

COYS!!

The problem at Aberdeen is not Warnock.

Its players and board and probably the vast majority of it is with players.

They lost to Darvel that tells you where the issue is.

No excuses for them, in a corporate environment they'd be managed out a long time ago. 

Warnock has been a success virtually everywhere he has been. He may seem a maverick in the media but he's a shrewd operator. No idea why he even bothered with Aberdeen at his age.

Never really spend a lot of time listening to Miller on football matters.

Hopefully they maintain their form tomorrow and we can get another win.

Edited by lenziebud

48 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

The problem at Aberdeen is not Warnock.

Its players and board and probably the vast majority of it is with players.

They lost to Darvel that tells you where the issue is.

No excuses for them, in a corporate environment they'd be managed out a long time ago. 

Warnock has been a success virtually everywhere he has been. He may seem a maverick in the media but he's a shrewd operator. No idea why he even bothered with Aberdeen at his age.

Never really spend a lot of time listening to Miller on football matters.

Hopefully they maintain their form tomorrow and we can get another win.

Only two of the starting eleven who lost to Darvel are still at the club . As shit as they were that day, I don’t think they can be blamed for Dons current predicament.  

11 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Only two of the starting eleven who lost to Darvel are still at the club . As shit as they were that day, I don’t think they can be blamed for Dons current predicament.  

Fair enough, maybe should have checked that :) 

Still, issue lies with players. 

Hopefully they turn up with the same level of fight and attitude tomorrow, that they have displayed all season. 

Total joke of a squad.

Quote from the BBC website:-

"Not only have Aberdeen not won there in six visits, St Mirren have won three of their latest five meetings, losing only once, and a 3-0 win at Pittodrie in December was one of the embarrassing scorelines that led to Barry Robson's departure."

This si a recipe for disaster if ever there was one!

On 2/29/2024 at 11:57 AM, northstbuddie said:

Are you forgetting Jamie McGrath?

He is one of the few who has performed consistently well for them.

Can't be performing that well if he can't get a start in this team today, unless he's carrying an injury.  🙄

Said before there’s not much between all the teams 3rd to 12th and we will need to be on our game to win today - hope Robbo starts Olusanya as his pace will unsettle their defence.

You have to think Warnock will get a tune out of Dons at some point - here’s hoping it’s not today !

COYS !!!