Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Shaun Rooney young 18 year old right back or centre half who is out of contract with Queens Park is currently in talks about a move to Saints. Ian Murray tried to sign him for Dumbarton but he wants full time football. My source is pretty reliable as Shaun is my apprentice at work :) there are a few other interested clubs but we are definitely in the running.

Shaun Rooney young 18 year old right back or centre half who is out of contract with Queens Park is currently in talks about a move to Saints. Ian Murray tried to sign him for Dumbarton but he wants full time football. My source is pretty reliable as Shaun is my apprentice at work :) there are a few other interested clubs but we are definitely in the running.

Get him telt, Vince (then send him to the roll shop to pick up lunch)!

Eta: is he tall enough?

Edited by Drew

A few bits and bobs about him:

http://www.queensparkfc.co.uk/?page_id=1688

http://sport.stv.tv/football/clubs/queens-park/303268-fifteen-for-15-shaun-rooney-is-next-from-queens-park-school-of-talent/

http://www.tellhimhespele.com/the-league-2-team-of-the-year-2014-15/

Centre half or right back and even a stint at right midfield. Strong and fast and in the PFA Team of the Year. Sounds ideal.

So that's him off to Hibs or Dundee.

FFS

Fear not, Vince is on it.

We need to drop this defeatist attitude in respect of the club's status, and talk ourselves up a wee bit more. Realism is required, of course, but we have a lot to offer a young lad who is looking to take the step up to full-time football.

It wouldn't be the first time a player has opted to join Saints over another, higher profile suitor.

Edited by Drew

We need to drop this defeatist attitude in respect of the club's status, and talk ourselves up a wee bit more. Realism is required, of course, but we have a lot to offer a young lad who is looking to take the step up to full-time football.

It wouldn't be the first time a player has opted to join Saints over another, higher profile suitor.

Spot on Drew, he sees us as a good club to further his career and possibly even make us a bob or two with any future moves. Gus rates him very highly and wanted him to stay but it's time for him to make the step up.

True

First team football is the key

Completely agree, look at Paul McGinn - can anyone argue that going to Dumbarton was not the right move for him.

If a player is good enough to be competing for a first team slot with us then that's arguably better than being down the pecking order with a bigger club. We need a manager who can sell the positive attributes that club possesses (would love to hear Sean Connery pronounce that) I just hope IM is that man.

Shaun Rooney young 18 year old right back or centre half who is out of contract with Queens Park is currently in talks about a move to Saints. Ian Murray tried to sign him for Dumbarton but he wants full time football. My source is pretty reliable as Shaun is my apprentice at work smile.png there are a few other interested clubs but we are definitely in the running.

I take it he is considering the move in order to improve his Learning Curve...........lol.gif